U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 AM

1,170 posts, read 565,867 times
Default Horrific: Woman finds note from Chinese forced labor camp in products

Woman finds note from person locked in Chinese labor camp inside Halloween decorations:

Halloween decorations carry haunting message of forced labor | OregonLive.com

Truly, truly sad. If everyone really cares about other human beings, please stop buying Chinese goods!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 01:36 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,035,149 times
How do we avoid Chinese goods?
I try not to buy them. I even have a big issue with Chinese restaurants, namely, with WonTon noodles. Honestly. In my area they are all the same in five Chinese restaurants and they are not worth eating. Thick and gelatinous and filled with a mystery meat that I found a dog's nail in once. I'm not kidding. I had a dog. I'd trim his nail. I know what they look like.

The Chinese are a good people but their government sucks canal water. What other nation, when confronted with the high suicide rate of employees, solves it by putting nets around buildings?

This crappy Won Ton thing reminds me of the mafia and how they would strong arm Pizzerias into purchasing their crappy cheeses. That went on for decades and our government did nothing about it. The same horrendous things are now occurring with China. Our government merely sits by and allows these abuses of its own people.

They are not even allowed freedom of religion, the last refuge dispirited people everywhere.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:55 PM

770 posts, read 318,610 times
Yes. it puts the fat slobs in america waving these 'we are the 99% placards' about in perspective. Those ignorant fools ipads, designer trainers and iphones probably retail for more than a chinese serf owns in a year. Americans need to realize they are the abusers, not the abused.

If you're an american, you ARE the 1%.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Yes. it puts the fat slobs in america waving these 'we are the 99% placards' about in perspective. Those ignorant fools ipads, designer trainers and iphones probably retail for more than a chinese serf owns in a year. Americans need to realize they are the abusers, not the abused.

I think many countries use the items that you mention. The US just happens to be the biggest market for them and I think our people are probably the most clueless as well. That is changing, though. There are now a lot more wealthy Chinese and Americans, in general, are getting poorer.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:35 PM

3,814 posts, read 1,758,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post

I guess that is why there are hundreds of thousands of ex-pat Brits living in this country and a LONG line at the immigration office with even more trying to get in.

Oh, and while were at it, that is the same for every other nation in the world. Long lines at US Immigration Office's for them trying to get into this "fat slob" of America. Put your own house in order, before you slam someone else.

Not too mention, no one even knows if this story and letter are even true.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I guess that is why there are hundreds of thousands of ex-pat Brits living in this country and a LONG line at the immigration office with even more trying to get in.

Oh, and while were at it, that is the same for every other nation in the world. Long lines at US Immigration Office's for them trying to get into this "fat slob" of America. Put your own house in order, before you slam someone else.

Not too mention, no one even knows if this story and letter are even true.
I, for one, believe it.
After that dog nail in my food and the nets around buildings to prevent suicide, there is not much that I would not believe that's evil about that government.
It is horrendous, what depths humanity is capable of sinking to.
Maybe there are just too many people in the world. Maybe that's an easy solution. Like some animals, when the population gets too thick life becomes cheaper. We are a part of nature, though we like to think we are not.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM

5,284 posts, read 1,254,142 times
I will verify this on Snopes before buying it, but I will not hesitate to admit to my own guilt in furthering the exploitation of people in all corners of the planet so that I may have inexpensive goods.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:02 PM

Yeah. We have outlawed sweatshops in the US just to move the slave labor to other countries.

You know, more and more we can see the need for a one world government, although that in itself is an awful thought and open for abuse. At least we need world wide environmental controls and labor laws, no?

Old 12-25-2012, 03:46 PM

6,016 posts, read 1,470,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yeah. We have outlawed sweatshops in the US just to move the slave labor to other countries.

You know, more and more we can see the need for a one world government, although that in itself is an awful thought and open for abuse. At least we need world wide environmental controls and labor laws, no?
No.

The UN put Iran, the country that funds terrorists who blow up school buses full of children, hang people for the crime of homosexuality, has a president who says the Holocaust never happened, and stone women for adultery on the Human Rights commission.

That is out and out insane and is all the evidence you should need to be flat out opposed to any international governance.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:58 PM

770 posts, read 318,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

Its odd, we had no problem boycotting South Africa in the 80s. It seems that its OK with the US to trade with countries that abuse their populations, so long as they abuse them equally.

that and your traitors in the dems and republicans have made you and your children indebted to china.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies