Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 11:53 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
I wish i knew!!!
How does it feel to be duped by two billionaire brothers to do their dirty work by spreading that ridiculous article? You are making those 2 coal clowns richer while you sit in intellectual squalor. They would never give you the time of day, yet you remain loyal to their political scheme to spread lies... that's the deifnition of absurdity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times
Quote:
Contrary to environmentalist fanatics trying to demonize fossil fuels....It was fossils fuels that saved humanity..."long live Big Oil"

[URL]http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa715_web.pdf[/URL]
I agree with you. Fossil fuels, mostly petroleum, has fuel humanity's civilization.

Portable, relatively safe and All-Natural, dare I say ORGANIC!!!! Earth's milk.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I agree with you. Fossil fuels, mostly petroleum, has fuel humanity's civilization.

Portable, relatively safe and All-Natural, dare I say ORGANIC!!!! Earth's milk.
Yeah, right. Using your logic, nuclear power plants are natural and organic too because uranium is mined out of the ground.

Tell me, is anything in your world not "natural" or "organic"? After all, everything must be derived from something else right?

"Oil is Earth's milk" Aren't you adorable.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:06 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Yeah, right. Using your logic, nuclear power plants are natural and organic too because uranium is mined out of the ground.

Tell me, is anything in your world not "natural" or "organic"? After all, everything must be derived from something else right?

Uranium is natural, but I wouldn't call it organic considering it has nothing to do with living matter.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,046,153 times
Quote:
The US Is Sitting On A 200-Year Supply Of Oil..

The US Is Sitting On A 200-Year Supply Of Oil - Business Insider
I can look out my window right now and see the Eocene Green River Formation. Oil Shale.

Shell and other companies have been trying for years to economically develop this. They haven't found a way yet. Plus there is not enough water here for that sort of production.

Black Sunday still reverberates 30 years later

Black Sunday still reverberates 30 years later | GJSentinel.com

Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Not only are the Koch brothers promoting this coal/oil crap story, now they are taking aim at Hurricane Sandy victims. Evil has no boundaries apparently.

David Koch Now Taking Aim at Hurricane Sandy Victims | The Nation

Old 12-26-2012, 01:36 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,233 times
Quote:
Not only are the Koch brothers promoting this coal/oil crap story, now they are taking aim at Hurricane Sandy victims. Evil has no boundaries apparently.
Koch bros conspiracy...you and the left watching too many Bond movies.....Gold finger!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post

Yes, I am. But more importantly, unlike you, I am right, AND you know it.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Uranium is natural, but I wouldn't call it organic considering it has nothing to do with living matter.
In the world of Chemistry, before the cult-agriculture business abducted the word, organic meant it contained carbon. Organic chemistry is the study of things that contain carbon.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Default Thank God for the EPA

Quote:
As conservatives like to say, the Environmental Protection Agency and the rules it writes do no good for the nation and are instead a burden on economic recovery. Back in the real world, Americans can now take a deep breath of relief that the EPA is still in business.

New EPA standards finalized on Dec. 14 target soot particles and force industry, utilities and local governments to reduce this harmful form of pollution which emanates from smokestacks, power plants, diesel exhaust and wood-burning stoves. Basing its action on numerous scientific studies, the EPA set the standard for soot particles at 12 micrograms per cubic meter of air. The previous standard, set in 1997, was 15 micrograms

Read more: Breathe easy: New EPA rules on soot will help the nation's lungs - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Breathe easy: New EPA rules on soot will help the nation's lungs - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies