Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I just laugh when right wingers post stuff like this and then turn around and whine about "political correctness" in their next breath.

So you are offended by christmas lights and "bad words" in christmas carols???????.
I put up Christmas lights,in a good way and dont use filthy language in public. I am not a rightwinger and was not whining about political correctness. just think folks should at least try to be nice or stay indoors and hate alone. if that makes you laugh it is sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 04:31 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
<shrug> As long as she isn't violating noise ordinances etc. it's her right to make an arse of herself. lol.

My money is that judging from her reaction, she's somewhat nuts and I feel sorry for her neighbors but unless she starts making threats etc. then oh well.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I put up Christmas lights,in a good way and dont use filthy language in public. I am not a rightwinger and was not whining about political correctness. just think folks should at least try to be nice or stay indoors and hate alone. if that makes you laugh it is sad
Should the government have the authority to dictate the content of your Christmas light display?

Old 12-26-2012, 04:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
The purpose of the First Amendment is to protect the rights of those with whom we do not agree. If we agreed with everything said, then there would be no reason to protect our right to free speech. The First Amendment is there specifically to protect speech where we do not agree with the speaker.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:45 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Should the government have the authority to dictate the content of your Christmas light display?
keep throwing the bait I aint biting.you want to stir up things is all.your posts are out there and so are mine nuff said.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
keep throwing the bait I aint biting.you want to stir up things is all.your posts are out there and so are mine nuff said.
I think you are just struggling with some inventive way to state that you want the unfettered freedom to exercise your constitutional rights while simultaneously supporting the taking of those exact same rights from other people.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
I wonder :

Where did the twin bird displays come from?

Who installs, takes down and then reinstalls the display?

Ignoring it and her would be the best reaction.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This woman was just expressing herself to her neighbors and the ACLU didn't see that she was doing that when she erected that big middle finger in her yard. Of course, when they got the judge to say she could play the game she put up another one and stood in her driveway singling filthy songs at her neighbors. Just think, Christmas trees are illegal in some places and double birds are allowable.

Peace On Earth and the Middle Finger to All Men
She sounds like a jolly unpleasant character, but who am I - or you - to dictate what she puts up on her property?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
She sounds like a jolly unpleasant character, but who am I - or you - to dictate what she puts up on her property?
I think she sounds feisty. Articles have said she had a dispute with her neighbors. Takes a certain amount of chutzpah to put something like that on your house as a way of telling them to buzz off. Can't say I'd want to have to look at it during the holidays but I'd probably take a commemorative photo. How many people can say they have a giant middle finger lighting up their neighborhood?

I am wondering how many people who are tsk-tsking this have never, ever flipped someone off. The OP has posted that he flies the American flag to flip off and upset his liberal neighbors. This woman displays a jumbo sized middle finger. Her intent with the Giant Bird of Buzz Off is the same as OP's Flag of Get Stuffed Liberals.

Men and women fought so the OP would have the right to fly his flag. She fought for the right to give everyone the middle finger. Is this a great country or what?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You will never understand the difference between public and private property...hence your confusion.
I think it was what the woman put up that was being discussed there. Whoops, you don't read links from that source or me, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies