Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Move to my State...then he wouldn't have to worry about it.

Gay marriage is a "thing" you dream up while tripping on acid.

It will NEVER happen here.....

End of case.

Bye bye now.......
You.....and relics who think like you......will be extinct in a few years.

Or, at the very least, will be part of a very small minority who will be totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I hope I'm around to laugh my ass off at you when it happens. That will seriously make my day.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Move to my State...then he wouldn't have to worry about it.

Gay marriage is a "thing" you dream up while tripping on acid.

It will NEVER happen here.....

End of case.

Bye bye now.......
Yes it will. When the Supreme Court says it will happen there, it will happen. You don't get a choice in the matter.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:40 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes it will. When the Supreme Court says it will happen there, it will happen. You don't get a choice in the matter.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Yes, of course.

Premarital sex is also intrinsically immoral, but it's not adultery and it doesn't invalidate a marriage. One can commit all kinds of sins before marriage and still be validly married.

Adultery is different. An adulterer cannot marry his or her partner because one or the other of them is already married to someone else. Yet, sometimes they pretend to do exactly that - just like homosexuals pretend to be married. If the owner of any business involved in celebrating marriages has certain knowledge that a particular "marriage" is an adulterous union rather than a valid marriage, that business should refuse services for the occasion.

Whether a business owner should take it upon himself to investigate the validity of every marriage for every event he is asked to serve is a different question. That would be wildly impractical. Unless one has infallible knowledge of an impediment to marriage (e.g., it's a same-sex couple), it's legitimate to make a presumption of validity for anyone who presents themselves as married.
Except homosexuality. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Except homosexuality. Thanks for the clarification.
Homosexuality is not an exception. One can commit sins of a homosexual nature before and even during a perfectly valid marriage. Why is this so hard to grasp?

As for presumption of validity, that's impossible with same-sex couples because the marriage impediment is known to all.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Remember slavery? Jim Crow? Statutory law doesn't determine what's right or wrong; neither does it determine which rights are intrinsic to man and which rights are merely creatures of the state.
I remember that people with views similar to yours offered "Christian" explanations for their opposition to racial integration and interracial marriage, and formed "massive resistance" just as you wish would happen against gay marriage.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I remember that people with views similar to yours offered "Christian" explanations for their opposition to racial integration and interracial marriage, and formed "massive resistance" just as you wish would happen against gay marriage.
There were Christians offering theological arguments on both sides of those controversies. One side was right and the other was wrong. What do any of those arguments have to do with this topic?

Old 12-28-2012, 03:20 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is not an exception. One can commit sins of a homosexual nature before and even during a perfectly valid marriage. Why is this so hard to grasp?

As for presumption of validity, that's impossible with same-sex couples because the marriage impediment is known to all.
What marriage impediment? If you mean having kids biologically, well then all sterile married couples, seniors are not married then because of their impediment. You are full of it and just keep spreading it around. Lies, lies and more lies from you. Sinning only pertains to those who believe in the bible, I do not and thus your views do not pertain to me. Keep your bible to yourself.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:22 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
There were Christians offering theological arguments on both sides of those controversies. One side was right and the other was wrong. What do any of those arguments have to do with this topic?
You are using your belief in your bible to argue points that pertain to everyone. Same as christians did with interracial marriage.. Your side is using their bible to make laws agains gay people, that is wrong and unjust.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
What marriage impediment?
The impediment of lacking a male or a female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Sinning only pertains to those who believe in the bible...
And thirst only pertains to those who believe in water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies