Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 05:49 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,355,544 times

Advertisements

First, I am basically neutral on the issue and don't really care one way or the other.

Dems - I don't get the whole "womans right to choose" line, because she had the right to chose not to use protection and get pregnant. Also, you are basically killing a living human. I think we can all agree that it is "alive", and also belongs to the father. Even if you do believe it is alright, I don't get the extreme passion and protesting about being able to have an abortion.

Repubilcans - How can you say that life is so sacred, yet you seem to be so pro-war where innocent people are killed all the time. Even wars when we don't really have to be there like in the middle east? You can't have it both ways. Rebubs don't want abortion under any circumstances, and put the life of a human in progress seemingly above all things with no exceptions. Why isn't that same standard and logic applied to wars when actual full innocent humans are sometimes killed? Especially wars that are not required or we are not being invaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
because she had the right to chose not to use protection and get pregnant
Stop right there child, you are not ready for an abortion debate. Read and learn.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
I can only speak for pro choice. which encompasses ALL choice, birth, adoption and abortion. as far as birth control, it does fail, people are human and they also forget. women are also victims of rape and incest most 13 yr. olds are not on BC when this happens to them. so using BC or not shouldn't be a factor.

a human life that is potential only, it can not live outside the womb when most abortions occur. no woman should be forced to take a pregnancy to term and give birth against her will. the woman who is carrying the pregnancy is the one who gets to decide how she feels about her pregnancy being a "life".

the extreme position to insure the right to choice is about privacy, my life is none of your business and neither is any woman's reproductive health issues. women should never have to give birth against their will.

a woman has every right to live her life as she wants. she can be a saint or a sl*t use BC or not, just like a man she has the right to control her own reproduction no matter what anyone may think of her.

anything less is third world american taliban thinking. women will not go back to resorting to back alley or self inflicted coat hanger abortions.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:07 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
I am pro life. I'm also pro freedom.

There is a difference between killing an unarmed fetus and an armed opponent in battle. Embryos don't have guns and, rarely, do they threaten the life of another.

I believe if we did not fight wars, we would have even more deaths. What do you think would have happened if no one fought Hitler? War is a necessary evil because there are evil people in this world. I wish it weren't so but it is.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:07 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Op, do you have a problem with reading one of the (probably 100 or more) abortion threads before you started yet another one?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I am pro life. I'm also pro freedom.

There is a difference between killing an unarmed fetus and an armed opponent in battle. Embryos don't have guns and, rarely, do they threaten the life of another.

I believe if we did not fight wars, we would have even more deaths. What do you think would have happened if no one fought Hitler? War is a necessary evil because there are evil people in this world. I wish it weren't so but it is.
I intentionally and specially referred to the Innocent victims of war. You know, the collateral damage.

I also specifically refereed to unnecessary wars, not HITLER!

Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I can only speak for pro choice. which encompasses ALL choice, birth, adoption and abortion. as far as birth control, it does fail, people are human and they also forget. women are also victims of rape and incest most 13 yr. olds are not on BC when this happens to them. so using BC or not shouldn't be a factor.

a human life that is potential only, it can not live outside the womb when most abortions occur. no woman should be forced to take a pregnancy to term and give birth against her will. the woman who is carrying the pregnancy is the one who gets to decide how she feels about her pregnancy being a "life".

the extreme position to insure the right to choice is about privacy, my life is none of your business and neither is any woman's reproductive health issues. women should never have to give birth against their will.

a woman has every right to live her life as she wants. she can be a saint or a sl*t use BC or not, just like a man she has the right to control her own reproduction no matter what anyone may think of her.

anything less is third world american taliban thinking. women will not go back to resorting to back alley or self inflicted coat hanger abortions.
Well I would agree with rape and incest exceptions, but kind of disagree with your second point because even after birth, the child is dependent on it's parents to live. An unborn child cannot live outside the womb, but it can't live outside the womb after birth without the parents either. I would say there is definitely a grey area. I mean what about 1 hour before a baby is born? What does that count as?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Well I would agree with rape and incest exceptions, but kind of disagree with your second point because even after birth, the child is dependent on it's parents to live. An unborn child cannot live outside the womb, but it can't live outside the womb after birth without the parents either. I would say there is definitely a grey area. I mean what about 1 hour before a baby is born? What does that count as?
So you do care one way or another and your first paragraph of the OP was not necessarily true.
Got it.

Once you get pregnant, you get to make a decision.
Until then, it's really none of your business.
Can I jump into your life and tell you what you can do with your personal reproductive choices and sexual activity?
That's exactly what you're proposing.

try reading this post, it will answer most of your ridiculous assertions: http://www.city-data.com/forum/27501845-post623.html

Hot, I referred him to your post from the other anti-woman thread.

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-26-2012 at 06:46 PM..

Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
after birth ANYONE can care for the child huge difference than when it is in the womb.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:45 PM

88 posts, read 103,024 times
You are not killing a human, its a group of cells that is not a thinking human being. Its the womans body and most christians are even against abortion in the case of rape and incest or the life of the mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies