Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Umm....many hundreds of rounds? The shooting lasted two minutes? And "many hundreds of rounds "were fired? Sensationalize much? Carrying that much ammunition is easier said than done. Shear weight would have made movement extremely difficult.
Carrying that much ammunition, plus 3 weapons, adding in tbe poor physical stature of Lanza, does not support your claim. Please, don't open mouth before engaging brain. I am a well conditioned 200 pound man, and would have had a hard time carrying that kind of load any distance, let alone be shooting at the same time.
So . . . what's YOUR theory of what happened? An accomplice? All the kids are still alive? Abducted by aliens? I just can't see where this is all going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Even after comparing the evidence from the other mass shootings people still come to this conclusion? Really folks? Is critical thinking dead too?
Oh, by all means, enlighten us with what you believe actually happened. A 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll?

Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,273 times
I don't know what happened anymore then anyone else but I do know that there are an awful lot of inconsistencies and this is one of many things that stands out as being extremely odd. Based on what I have read I think it's likely that there were multiple shooters.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
a terrible tragedy

Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,335,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Umm....many hundreds of rounds? The shooting lasted two minutes? And "many hundreds of rounds "were fired? Sensationalize much? Carrying that much ammunition is easier said than done. Shear weight would have made movement extremely difficult.
Carrying that much ammunition, plus 3 weapons, adding in tbe poor physical stature of Lanza, does not support your claim. Please, don't open mouth before engaging brain. I am a well conditioned 200 pound man, and would have had a hard time carrying that kind of load any distance, let alone be shooting at the same time.
I'm neither sensationalizing nor speculating one iota. Do you not think this shooting meets the criteria for "sensational"? (And who cares what you think you might be able to shoot up? This is about the Newtown Massacre and not your fantasy.)

Google is your friend. For truth, remove your self-imposed filters and read multiple points of view rather than your propaganda. Find the official words, issued by Vance of the CSP. Study the data from reputable sources rather than getting your intel from this batcrazy forum. Oh, wait, you don't believe the reputable sources and that's why you're on this thread.

I realize most posting here will continue, voraciously, to rationalize and justify this crap amongst yourselves. Things like "you can survive multiple gunshot wounds..." What's the damned point of debating that...that bullets aren't a problem because some people survive?

You don't want to hear the facts about the horror that was inflicted by guns upon these victims. You just wanna play with your guns and dismiss the reality. Go play. And continue to be duped by your *sources*.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
A question for all the antis out there:
Who holds more "military style assault weapons of war", civilians, or law enforcement personnel? (remember, that includes every body from your local deputy sheriff to the Secret Service!)
An old quote comes to mind (I don't remember the original Latin) "WHO guards the Guardians?"

Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I don't know what happened anymore then anyone else but I do know that there are an awful lot of inconsistencies and this is one of many things that stands out as being extremely odd.
You find it "extremely odd" that tiny, little people would actually die when shot multiple times at close range by a high-powered rifle?

I find that extremely odd.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:01 PM

The mainstream media has been my main source of information and it has left me with so many questions due to the many many inconsistencies. I don't need Rush Limbaugh or Alex Jones or anyone else wearing a tin foil hat to tell me these things because they are glaringly obvious to anyone who has followed the story closely from the morning of the shooting. If there were one or two inconsistencies then I would dismiss it as shoddy reporting but there are so so many that it's mind boggling and leads me to wonder.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You find it "extremely odd" that tiny, little people would actually die when shot multiple times at close range by a high-powered rifle?

I find that extremely odd.
I don't find it odd that many were killed, I find it odd that every single one of them was killed, by one person in a 2 minute span of time.

Last edited by Dorthy; 01-05-2013 at 04:31 PM..

Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
"You don't want to hear the facts about the horror that was inflicted by guns upon these victims."

No, sorry, but the guns did NOT inflict anything on anybody. All the damage was done by one mentally ill person. Yes, he used guns. If he had used a machete, would you be demanding that all knives over an inch long be banned, restricted, or registered? How about if he had used a chainsaw? How about if he had run his vehicle through the playground during recess?
WHY do you insist on blaming the tool instead of the person?
Please try this experiment. Take any tool you choose from your house, and lay it on the sidewalk. Point at a neighbor you can't stand, and say "KILL!" What happened?
Now, pick up the tool and attack your neighbor. What happened?
See, the PERSON made the difference!
A tool has NO responsibility!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies