Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

If Feinstein's bill was passed as written it would require all owners of military style rifles to register them like the 1934 act which means the cops could do a spot check at the house anytime they want among other things,

What happened to search warrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
If Feinstein's bill was passed as written it would require all owners of military style rifles to register them like the 1934 act which means the cops could do a spot check at the house anytime they want among other things,

Given how many rifles are out there, given that many would not register them the prison and legal system would be overwhelmed.

Instantly upon law passing thousands upon thousands of what was law abiding people with no ill intentions would be a criminal of the state
which would mean that millions of gun owners would not register any firearms at all with the feds or state.

try to criminalize that against the millions of citizens.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you can think that all you want, but local cops wont follow your little confiscation scheme, and neither will the military. tha leaves you with the civilian arm of the feds, and there are more of us than there are of them.
Obsession with conspiracy theories is common stuff with many mass shooters.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Obsession with conspiracy theories is common stuff with many mass shooters.

when in actuality it is true. having been in the military, and most military believe in and following the Constitution before following illegal orders, and cops themselves wont enforce it either as they know they will be in the line of fire. that leaves the civilian arm of the feds.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:

nope, but I wont voluntary turn them in either. I will make them come confiscate them from me.
Sounds a tad like you are looking forward to the big shoot out fantasy.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Sounds a tad like you are looking forward to the big shoot out fantasy.

nope, having been in combat before, I have no desire to kill another human being again. but I wont step back from the situation if caught in it either. if forced into the situation, I will defend myself if need be.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:03 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
All this over proposed laws that have no intent to confiscate any weapons.

Right wing loon fantasy land. They should open a new theme park where you can bring your AR15 and shoot robotic ATF agents who come to your POS falling down house in Southern Ohio to take your guns because you are such a threat to the government.

Hilarious.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:

when in actuality it is true. having been in the military, and most military believe in and following the Constitution before following illegal orders, and cops themselves wont enforce it either as they know they will be in the line of fire. that leaves the civilian arm of the feds.
Who besides those who share a common conspiracy theory has said anything about confiscating weapons? Really, think about this.

I am a woman and generally more vulnerable to all sorts of carp. I do not fear a home invasion by anyone. I don't fear being in the wrong place at the wong time. I don't fear foreign invasions. I don't believe in ghosts or zombies. If the Police /Feds wanted to search my home, I would consent., make coffee and ask who wants to buy/sell a home.

The point of this is, I have made the choice to not live in fear of things that in all likeliood will never happen. I do however, have a nice stockpile of canned corn I got on sale.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:08 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,552 times
Quote:
If the Police /Feds wanted to search my home, I would consent.

Seriously? You wouldnt ask to see a warrant? You dont care about what probable cause was used to justify obtaining a warrant?

Good to see you're willing to give up not just the 2nd Amendment, but the 4th as well.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
nope, having been in combat before, I have no desire to kill another human being again. but I wont step back from the situation if caught in it either. if forced into the situation, I will defend myself if need be.
My husband is a Viet Nam Vet and saw combat.
He made a different choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies