Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
So then, if some one is trying to kill you, and you have means to defend your self, your going to let him kill you because thats "Gods will"?l
I made no mention of what is God's will. I said I believe all humans are of equal value to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 01:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
In defense of your own life or your property. That's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Worth a thief's life.

The problem with this question is some human lives are worth more than others.
To both:

Pro-Choice or Anti-Choice?

Old 12-28-2012, 01:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Ok, we've established that the majority of people think that abortion ends a human life. Now for the followup question: When is it acceptable to take the life of another? When do your desires supercede their right to life?
1- self-defense
2- reward for intentional murder

It is only acceptable to take a life while trying to protect a life. Self-defense in defending against the act of homicide. After the fact if successfull at committing a homicide. Anyone who intentionally commits murder, should forfeit their right to life.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
To both:

Pro-Choice or Anti-Choice?
Pro life. Same reason, unless the well being of the mother is in danger

Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I made no mention of what is God's will. I said I believe all humans are of equal value to God.
You implied you would not take a life to save your own.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Property is worth a life???
For the most part to me no. Although I have no problem with others doing so. Defending my house, which is property, I would.
Off hand I can't think of any other material possessions I have that I'd risk my life for. I wont get into a shoot out over a TV.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:32 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
We conveniently forget. A two week old bundle of cells or even a six week old fetus, that has its life processes stopped through an abortion procedure can in no way be compared to the shooting death of an adult. Since that guy never saw the bullet coming his death was instantaneous.
H
We also conveniently decide when life begins to suit our desires.

Let me be clear; I don't believe life begins the minute an egg is fertilized. I have no problem with day-after pills. I also believe that saving the life of a mother supercedes the life of the fetus.

I don't believe in abortions on demand, and certainly not funded by tax dollars. I think anyone that has a late term abortion, for any reason other than saving the life of the mother, is commiting murder.

When a pregnant woman is murdered, they call it a double murder. You can't have it both ways and be consistent. Either it is a baby, or just a "bundle of cells".

Last edited by steven_h; 12-28-2012 at 03:01 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Like the second part and I am hoping I will have a choice to end my life instead of being warehoused in a nursing home with a diaper on.

Tell me about it.

My 82 year old dad, who lived by himself and still drove his own car, had a major procedure. Following the hospital placed him in a rehab facility(freak'n nursing home)
The therapy was great, but the nursing and attention sucked.
After two trips to the hospital, one for a urinary track infection(catheter left in too long) and the next his blood pressure tanked(very dehydrated) the hospital showed me a bed wound the size of a softball on his tail bone from being left in bed all the time.

He is home. I would not let them take him back there. I have been doing the wound care and staying nights with him and weekends doing my therapy secession with him to keep him from getting contracted again.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
This:

Indian rape victim's condition deteriorates - Yahoo! News

Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Ok, we've established that the majority of people think that abortion ends a human life. Now for the followup question: When is it acceptable to take the life of another? When do your desires supercede their right to life?
When my Dad was dying of cancer he wanted me to end his life. Knowing there was LAW to prevent that was all that did prevent it. He was serious, and I wanted to comply out of compassion.

He had double lung cancer for 9 month which killed him and he was never a smoker. This was the first time in his life he was sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies