Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Reagan was more gun control than Obama.

I think you need to read a little about Reagan before you make claims.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:55 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I thin the OP missswed the real reason reagan got shot. It was by a mentally ill pwerosn that his histroy was well known as a threat in society.Like a time bomb ticking away.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I think you need to read a little about Reagan before you make claims.
You need to educate yourself before you make such comments

Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
You need to educate yourself before you make such comments

Reagan’s stance was that violent crime would never be eliminated, with or without gun control. Instead, he said, efforts to curb crime should target those who misuse guns, similarly to the way laws target those who use an automobile feloniously or recklessly. Saying the Second Amendment “leaves little, if any, leeway for the gun control advocate,” he added that “the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”

"You won't get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. There's only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up and if you don't actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long time... It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience."
It seems to me that Reagan would have known all too well how to relate to last week's massacre at Virginia Tech. After all, he said those words in 1983, after surviving John Hinckley's assassination attempt in 1981.

Reagan on Gun Control and Self-Defense | The American Civil Rights Union

Last edited by Scotty011; 12-28-2012 at 12:08 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
No wonder Reagan supported gun control

How do right wing gun enthusiasts come to gripes with this little inconvenient fact
Then remove guns from the police and Secret Service. That is what you are proving to be the prudent thing to do.

You probably don't even understand that.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 PM

Mulford Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reagan signed into law gun control laws.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Mulford Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reagan signed into law gun control laws.

Reagan’s stance was that violent crime would never be eliminated, with or without gun control. Instead, he said, efforts to curb crime should target those who misuse guns, similarly to the way laws target those who use an automobile feloniously or recklessly. Saying the Second Amendment “leaves little, if any, leeway for the gun control advocate,” he added that “the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”

"You won't get gun control by disarming law-abiding citizens. There's only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up and if you don't actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long time... It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience."
It seems to me that Reagan would have known all too well how to relate to last week's massacre at Virginia Tech. After all, he said those words in 1983, after surviving John Hinckley's assassination attempt in 1981.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post

So Reagan was anti-gun control in his words but in his actions he was for gun control. Sounds like Romney to me.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
1000's of examples every year of just that.
Ok. Show me.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
John W Hinckley Jr was a lefty LOON Wacko Nutcase...... I think all lefty's are..
Quote:
He also liked guns, I thought lefties were anti-gun?
Stop.right.there. Are you telling me that people who share a particular label are actually individuals? Who may believe differently from each other? WTF? When did that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies