Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 03:13 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The party who most fears the fiscal cliff has the most incentive to compromise. Realistically, if we go over, within 30 days, legislation will be passed and signed redoing the rates for 250k and below gross incomes at their present rates. That does not leave much for the GOP to bargain with.
Really? Obama wants the debt ceiling raised. When Obama comes asking for that I hope Obama is treated like he treated others. Like a piece of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I would of thought they would of passed that, instead they will push us off the fiscal cliff and get a much worse offer that they will be forced to accept. Hopefully people will remember this in 2014 and remind Republicans why they lost elections in 2012 with more losses in 2014.
LOL, people don't even know what has been going on, they don't remember what happened this summer let alone. In 2014 and years after people will not remember Boehner. They will remember is that Obama, the first black US president was a failed president.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There is no compromising your principles.

obama's only principle is "social justice".
Yep, social justice without a way to pay for it. Or taxing working people to death to pay for it. Just like you think Obama is standing for his principles that is exactly what Republicans are doing. Republicans believe in lower taxes and less government.

A democrat is like having a spendaholic wife who does not understand that money does not grow on trees. Eventually you would want to divorce her because you can't make enough money to support her.

Last edited by petch751; 12-28-2012 at 03:30 AM..

Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
what planet were you on ?
all we say was obama yelling:
"we won, we won ! all republicans to the back of the bus ! we won, we won ! !

you lost the super majority because of the disasterous condition you were leading our country too.

im not even going to read the rest of your jibberish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My honest opinion is that Democrats Democrats compromised for the first year of the Obama administration and we grew slower than we could have. in 2011, we lost our super majority and we continued to compromise. In 2012, we lost our majority in the house and compromise died a horrible death.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:14 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not a single one of those is a tax on the middle class, but thanks for trying.
Every single one of them is a tax increase on the middle class.

And you might want to look at the earlier posts you made. You asked what taes were going to go up under Obamacare. You didn't mention the middle class.

I list 21 new taxes to fund Obamacare and all you change the question. lols.

Thanks for tryng. lols.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:22 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
The Democrats and Obama have never compromised. It is not allowed in their handbook! Seriously, ObamaCare was voted down and through shady back-room deals, Obama forced it through by promising exemptions and such. Look at the costs that are already being associated with it and the increase in premiums as well. This was a ruse to get more tax revenues for the federal government while at the same time making people more reliant on the government (or ruling class) if you will.

The fiscal cliff can be directly pinned on the Democrats and their efforts to control everything by their failures to compromise. Just like the credit downgrade, they own it ALL. The Democrats have shown that they would like this country to fail or at least to re-mold it into a quasi-social state where the ruling class has supreme power.

It is actually pathetic that some people fall for the garbage spewed by this administration.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, aren't you the tolerant and loving person... and fyi, your stupid stereotypes only apply to a small percentage of "liberals," so your middle finger is being misused. Save it for the road, buddy! (it's more useful and justified there)

IMO, it's people like you who are really our country's downfall - people who put everyone into little boxes (liberal vs conservative, gay vs straight, black vs white, etc), cannot tolerate anyone who doesn't agree with them 100%, and has very little knowledge of what REAL people in this country think about each issue. I have no desire to take your guns, in fact I enjoy shooting at the range sometimes; I'm not gay and have no interest in marrying anyway, I only believe in "handouts" for those who genuinely need a handUP, and unlike most of the whiny conservatives on here, I defend the Constitution daily through my work. So how would being within 20ft of me anger you? Oh yeah, it's just the fact that I don't call myself a conservative - even though I'm also not a Democrat. But then you probably spew that lie about liberals being the intolerant ones, right?
Very well put.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
And NO...I don't think it is fair to punish me and make me lose all this stuff I had to do "thinks" most people couldn't dream up if their lives depended on it.

Some lazy bum or crack hoe with ten kids is going to get the same.....
Just remember there spiffy. Bums and Crack hoes don't vote. They are not democrats or independents either

Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Really? Obama wants the debt ceiling raised. When Obama comes asking for that I hope Obama is treated like he treated others. Like a piece of crap.
Poor widdle Petchy got his feelings hurt 'cause the scary brown man won't go away.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Instead of bashing each other, here's a novel idea...

Lets come up with real solutions, and email our Representatives those ideas.

Remember, they work for us.

While we are at it, we should also remind our Senators that part of THEIR job is a budget for the United States.
Obama submitted a budget, that rejected by 100% of the senate. Even Harry Reid wouldn't consider it.

Isn't it their JOB to submit and pass a budget? Why aren't we as citizens, Democrat AND Republican holding them responsible for doing their job? If I didn't do the job my employer required of ME, I wouldn't have that job any longer.

Instead of making accusations and pointing fingers, let's come up with good compromises here, and send them to our representatives, while notifying our senators, we REQUIRE them to come up with a budget for our United States.

I would personally ask that the budget makes sense, funds those things required by the constitution, stops giving money to countries that hate us in an attempt to buy them off, and use that money to help U.S. citizens!

Quit BORROWING, live within our means, in fact spend LESS money than taken in by taxes and tariffs, and use the excess to pay down the debt, and put some in a rainy day fund for the times it's REQUIRED, not cause you got some extra money to spend. CHILDREN blow all their money on candy, grownups don't. (or shouldn't).

Last edited by Darkatt; 12-28-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies