Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,184,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Bloomberg, Schumer, and every other gun hating jackass all need to be added to that petition.

Feinstein is a cancer.
Actually on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM

13,002 posts, read 18,890,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Amendment 14:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability"

I think a strong case can be made that she is giving aid and comfort to our enemies when she votes to disarm us (note China's support for disarming us).
If you think Feinstein's opponents can muster a 2/3 vote in both houses, that may be possible. Personally, I don't think they can.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM

18,351 posts, read 26,473,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
If you think Feinstein's opponents can muster a 2/3 vote in both houses, that may be possible. Personally, I don't think they can.
You misread it, the ban on holding office can be lifted with a 2/3 vote. No such vote is needed to impose the ban.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times
Default Diane Feinstein the self-proclaimed leader of gun grabbers is very ready to grab

I wonder how many here will be in support of the whole bill that Di Fi will be introducing next month. I bet many will be in support without ever reading what her bill calls for. That would be kind of like the Democrats voting on Obamacare without reading any of it.

You can see the summaries of the bill from her website in the link I will provide along with a summary of it from another source, not one of the grabbers. I know so many leaners here won't see either of those things because of the source of the link and the source of this thread, but they are the ones who need to see what she is talking about. Oh well, many will look at the link and see just what she is trying to do.

Sen. Feinstein Posts Proposed ‘Assault Weapons’ Legislation — and It Includes Provisions on Handguns and ‘Grandfathered’ Weapons | TheBlaze.com

Old 12-28-2012, 02:33 PM

768 posts, read 879,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder how many here will be in support of the whole bill that Di Fi will be introducing next month. I bet many will be in support without ever reading what her bill calls for. That would be kind of like the Democrats voting on Obamacare without reading any of it.

You can see the summaries of the bill from her website in the link I will provide along with a summary of it from another source, not one of the grabbers. I know so many leaners here won't see either of those things because of the source of the link and the source of this thread, but they are the ones who need to see what she is talking about. Oh well, many will look at the link and see just what she is trying to do.

Sen. Feinstein Posts Proposed ‘Assault Weapons’ Legislation — and It Includes Provisions on Handguns and ‘Grandfathered’ Weapons | TheBlaze.com
I thought Pelosi doesnt allow people to read these things until after they pass?!

I have much to learn about american politics

Old 12-28-2012, 02:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,365,858 times
yep its a gun grab, the disheartening part is her body guard carries one. guns are bad, for u to have but not her.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,691,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I wonder how many here will be in support of the whole bill that Di Fi will be introducing next month.
It does not matter who here supports this bill or not , because we don't get to vote it.

There were about 11,000 bills pitched this year, including naming a few post offices, issuing commemorative stamps and lots of other silly stuff.. Only a tiny fraction of important bills eventually get approved after substantial amendment and pork stuffing.

Far more likely than passage of this bill will be a class action suit against certain gun manufactuers and the NRA, no different than the ongoing and rather sucessful ( from the standpoint of the filer) war on tobacco.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It does not matter who here supports this bill or not , because we don't get to vote it.

There were about 11,000 bills pitched this year, including naming a few post offices, issuing commemorative stamps and lots of other silly stuff.. Only a tiny fraction of important bills eventually get approved after substantial amendment and pork stuffing.

Far more likely than passage of this bill will be a class action suit against certain gun manufactuers and the NRA, no different than the ongoing and rather sucessful ( from the standpoint of the filer) war on tobacco.
Sorry, but if I throw my Craftsman three pound sledge hammer through my neighbors front window....I'm not going to sue Sears.....

Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
I thought Pelosi doesnt allow people to read these things until after they pass?!

I have much to learn about american politics
Feinstein works in the Senate and will submit her bill there. I don't think it will pass there and I know it won't the House if it gets through the Senate. However, Pelosi is only the minority leader these days and won't become anything else for at least 2 more years.

It is very obvious that too many of the bills of the 2009 - 2011 period were too long for many people to take the trouble to read. In the case of Obamacare we know that nobody in either house of Congress read much, if any of it before they voted on it. The Democrats had to pass the Leader's signature bill and the Republicans just read more of it than they wanted to see by skipping around.

You do sound like you have much to learn if you think that Nasty Nancy is still in control of the House.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

How many of those important bills weren't voted on in the Senate because Harry Reid didn't want them even considered in committee or debated on the floor? Many more than you want to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies