Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh, yes, it's free speech when someone is bashing Obama but let someone like Pierce Morgan talk and you people on the Right start petitions to deport him. Both this statue and Morgan might rub some people the wrong way and be in poor taste but both are protected under the constitution. (And, yes, I know Morgan isn't a U.S. citizen but we don't have laws gagging people here legally from talking.)
It's ironic, isn't it? They are in favor of "free speech", their free speech!

White trash can put up their racist displays and somehow "we should respect it" because this numbnut fought in Vietnam?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,435,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh for crying out loud! "Communist ideology"! Look at the throes of crap and anguish your country is going through presently and tell us all how any of those were caused by the "communist ideology" you McCarthy nuts were all running around screaming the sky is falling, the sky is falling over. You're dealing with the completely home grown result of greed and corruption beyond compare and yet you cling to your past fantasies.

Why in hell do you chickenchits always have to be afraid of some ethereal thing. Oxymoronic in the extreme to foment all that fear then call yourselves brave while stomping all over that which scares the poop out of you.

Buncha morons of which this so-called vet is a stellar example.
Joseph McCarthy was a patriotic great American that I respect very much to this day. I wish there were more like him dealing with Muslims we have in this country. I take it you never wore the uniform and faced a pointy head g**k in combat like I have. They were vicious fighting for a flawed ideology. I wished the whole time I was there with the 25th that Nixon would have nuked them but many of our politicians had been infiltrated with a Communist mentality. Sadly, Communism is alive and well today and you should oppose it at all cost.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM

57,057 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Mr. Hafley is not a idiot. He took a oath to defend his country and protect the Constitution. You should appreciate him and defend him.
You are confusing service to our country with intelligence, two separate issues. Sounds like a very racist community if the neighbors actually support this as stated.

So what did he hope to accomplish with a racial caricature, more racial and partisan divisiveness, I guess he was successful.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:14 AM

15,836 posts, read 21,369,827 times
Quote:
Joseph McCarthy was a patriotic great American that I respect very much to this day. I wish there were more like him dealing with Muslims we have in this country. I take it you never wore the uniform and faced a go*k in combat like I have. They were vicious fighting for a flawed ideology. I wished the whole time I was there with the 25th that Nixon would have nuked them but many of our politicians had been infiltrated with a Communist mentality. Sadly, Communism is alive and well today and you should oppose it at all cost.
Proof positive that veterans are no more deserving of respect than anyone else - and, in this case, likely less deserving of respect.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM

20,110 posts, read 16,089,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well obviously you saw less racism because it is clear you don't know what racism is or you are playing dumb on the topic.
I know what racism is. I base my statement on my personal experinces while our family was stationed in each. Your experiences may have been different. Have you lived in all three of those states? If you haven't then you are engaging in sterotyping, not unlike the idiot with the statue.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM

20,893 posts, read 16,049,604 times
Quote:
Joseph McCarthy was a patriotic great American that I respect very much to this day.
Joe McCarthy was scum. Until Richard Nixon came along, he was the closest thing to a genuine political villain our nation has ever produced.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Joseph McCarthy was a patriotic great American that I respect very much to this day. I wish there were more like him dealing with Muslims we have in this country. I take it you never wore the uniform and faced a pointy head g**k in combat like I have. They were vicious fighting for a flawed ideology. I wished the whole time I was there with the 25th that Nixon would have nuked them but many of our politicians had been infiltrated with a Communist mentality. Sadly, Communism is alive and well today and you should oppose it at all cost.
McCarthy was an idiot, a fear monger, and a Junior Senator that the country should of ignored from day one and it speaks volumes about you with your blind support for idiots like him.

Still you have yet to answer my question so I will ask it again. What does the watermelon represent?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,435,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, Obama took a very similar oath so you should appreciate and defend him, eh?
NO..........the president should not be respected. He violated his oath to the Constitution.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,430,759 times
Quote:
Being a vet doesn't give you a free pass on being a racist, but it doesn't surprise me this is in Kentucky, but freedom of speech so racist it up Vietnam Vet.
Exactly, and it's a perfect example why the South continues to be such a hot bed of bigotry. Sure, they'll go, ''but not every Southerner is a racist''... except for the ones who always seem to be so well ''tolerated'' there! You'd never see this kinda nonsense in someplace like MA or CA (not for long anyway)!

BTW, I'm a Vietnam vet too, and frankly am always kinda embarrassed by the ones who still ''wear it on their sleeve'', as though they're ''entitled'' or something. It's like you get the impression it was the high point of their life, and they never did anything interesting or notable after that... sorta like Al Bundy in Married With Children, always recounting his days back in h.s. when he was the star fullback and BMOC! Yeah, that and maybe five bucks will ''entitle'' you to a latte at Starbucks (or McD's, as the case may be...)!!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
Quote:
Well obviously you saw less racism because it is clear you don't know what racism is or you are playing dumb on the topic.

Please explain why she would see more racism in Kentucky than in the other states? This should be enlightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.