Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
It's the Democrat Party.
You could not be more wrong if you were trying to sell ham sandwiches in Tehran.

There is not and has never been any such thing as "The Democrat Party." In fact, that phrase has always been exclusively intended as a slur, and is used exclusively by right wingers.

Quote:
"Democrat Party" is a political epithet used in the United States for the Democratic Party.[1] The term has been used in negative or hostile fashion by conservative commentators and members of the Republican Party in party platforms, partisan speeches and press releases since 1940.[2]
In actuality, it is "The Democratic party." It has been The Democratic Party for 200 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest
It's members are Democrats. They are not "democratic."
Yes. Its members are Democrats. And votes for the party are "Democratic." As its members of Congress are "Democratic Congressmen," and it has given us a number of "Democratic Presidents."

Quote:
There is no such thing as a "democratic" Senator from Massachusetts.
Read and weep:

Democratic Congressman Markey to run for Kerry's Senate seat | Reuters

Or this from Fox News: "Brian Schatz symbolized a generational change in Hawaii's Senate delegation, taking the hand of his new colleague, 88-year-old Sen. Daniel Akaka, moments before being sworn in Thursday as the successor to the late Democratic Sen. Daniel Inouye."

Quote:
And there is no such thing as the democratic party.
Explain that then to The Democratic Party.

I'm just going to leave the rest of your post to simmer in its own deliciously ignorant wrongness. It has achieved a unique status in that regard that we like to call "fractal wrongness." It is in fact so completely, irremediably, transcendently wrong that it is wrong at every level of resolution.

Quote:
Normally, I could care less if people don't know the proper use of the English language. It's not like I never butchered a pharse or two.

But when someone asserts white people that don't vote "democratic" are intellectually inferior to those that do, I like to point out his retardedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 12:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Wrong.

democratic party - Google Search

Democratic Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Oh the irony!....LOL

Democrats.org — Official website of the Democratic National Committee
2012 Democratic National Convention
Democratic Senate Caucus
Democratic House Caucus
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
Democratic Governors Association
Democratic Attorneys General Association
National Conference of Democratic Mayors
National Federation of Democratic Women
I never said it wasn't used. I said it was incorrect.

I can list thousands of links where people have made spelling and/grammatical errors. Big deal.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:

I can list thousands of links where people have made spelling and/grammatical errors. Big deal.
The correct name of the party you fool is the Democratic Party.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/conci...cratic%20party

I'd stop doubling down if I were you.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:

You got the smack-down this round, Ohio.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Which was of course stupid, ignorant and objectively wrong.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:32 PM

768 posts, read 879,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

Ahhhhh. There's your problem. You're irrationally paranoid and bleieve some really dumb things.

Thanks for contributing essentially nothing worthwhile to the thread.
Whatever. Ignorance is bliss, right, slave?

People call me a pessimist, and yet ive been right about the financial crisis, the energy crises, the environmental crisis. Im no pessimist. Its the rest of humanity that are delusionally optimistic. Already your nation has the highest incarceration rate, and you still have more or less free speech. Wait until you get European style blasphemy laws (yes, theyll give them a cuddly name like ' anti hate speech' or 'anti terror legislation' or 'incitement to violence' and other euphemisms) and they start imprisoning you for daring to criticize your dear president.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Whatever. Ignorance is bliss, right, slave?
Do you ever read what you write? You could not have been any more ironic with two consecutive sentences if you tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS
People call me a pessimist, and yet ive been right about the financial crisis, the energy crises, the environmental crisis.
So you say. But I did not call you a pessimist. I called you an irrational paranoid. The difference is profound.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Ignoring that the OP discussed a genetic basis for liberalism, not conservatism, what would lead you to hallucinate that liberals (even the filthy ones) believe that "everything is environment and genetics count for nothing?" That's far more the assertion of conservatives on this forum at least... especially in the threads regarding homosexuality and those that flirt with tacit racism.
I find it inetersting that, as a group, progressive liberals always seem to discover a magic gene. These magic genes ultimately validate their self-righteous positions.

Funny how that works.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Which was of course stupid, ignorant and objectively wrong.
Now, now, now.

What's wrong did that poster not stroke it correctly to the left?

Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I find it inetersting that, as a group, progressive liberals always seem to discover a magic gene. These magic genes ultimately validate their self-righteous positions.

Funny how that works.
Yea genes...there so fake. Has anybody ever seen a gene? And scientists are just liberals pretending like they know stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies