Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No it's called white privilege. Foxx is allowed to "joke" like that because he is in the minority position. If it were to happen, the majority population would quickly put him in his place. Women could joke about men the same way and would be rebuked by men because they would say it would never happen.

People in power can't make jokes like that because they have the power to make it happen.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
White privelege. People in power?

Do I need to remind you that Barack Obama is our president?

All I hear from you are excuses.

They don't jive with the idea of "judging a person not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".

Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Oh, c'mon. You know that if this were a white guy saying stuff about killing black people, you'd be saying, "let's not make a big racial thing out of this..."
And I suppose that if a white actor said, "I get to kill black people, how good is that!" you wouldn't be laying eggs?

This is the insane logic that is driving todays flavor of racism. It's regurgitating old ideas that were all but dead. If someone points out the obvious racism coming from a black man, it's ignored, it's nothing. Progressives automatically assume the same person wouldn't say a word if it were reversed, so ANYBODY who is anti-racist, becomes A RACIST!

NEWSFLASH; Anyone who remains silent about, or (worse) explains away this kind of garbage - is a racist.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Back in the 1950s, John Wayne introduced "The Searchers" by saying "I play a former Confederate solidier and I get to kill all the damn injuns in this one!" and everyone laughed and cheered and no one even batted an eyelash...

Old 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
And I suppose that if a white actor said, "I get to kill black people, how good is that!" you wouldn't be laying eggs?

This is the insane logic that is driving todays flavor of racism. It's regurgitating old ideas that were all but dead. If someone points out the obvious racism coming from a black man, it's ignored, it's nothing. Progressives automatically assume the same person wouldn't say a word if it were reversed, so ANYBODY who is anti-racist, becomes A RACIST!

NEWSFLASH; Anyone who remains silent about, or (worse) explains away this kind of garbage - is a racist.
Damn, it's amazing how soft some of you folks are.

All butthurt over a joke.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:28 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Back in the 1950s, John Wayne introduced "The Searchers" by saying "I play a former Confederate solidier and I get to kill all the damn injuns in this one!" and everyone laughed and cheered and no one even batted an eyelash...

Harrier is simply a race baitor.

He doesn't know Jamie Foxx. Has never met him in his life, yet wants to blow the guys words out of context.

The guy got his start as a comedian. He just had a leading role in a movie with heavy racial undertones.

There's much more important issues to talk about.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Damn, it's amazing how soft some of you folks are.

All butthurt over a joke.
You are a black man living in Detroit, and a hypocrit.
Thank you, for making my case so quickly.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

He's John Wayne, not Jamie Foxx. In other words, he can get away with saying anything. And John Wayne was as racist as they come. Like i said, white folks can say anything and get away with it. Look at Mel Gibson. BLANTANT anti-semitism, and the same people that won't forget Jesse Jackson saying "Hymietown" run like hell to get to a Mel Gibson film.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
You are a black man living in Detroit, and a hypocrit.
Thank you, for making my case so quickly.
Unless there is a city in Southern Arizona called Detroit, i really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Maybe you're talking about someone else.

And if i'm a hypocrite, prove it.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Unless there is a city in Southern Arizona called Detroit, i really don't know what the hell you're talking about. Maybe you're talking about someone else.

And if i'm a hypocrite, prove it.
I should have said "from Detroit"

Old 12-29-2012, 12:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'll do better than that. I'll provide an example!

Made up racism:
Fox news: Obama is a racist
Pundit Glenn Beck calls President Barack Obama a 'racist', Fox News Channel execs downplay comments - NY Daily News
rush limbaugh: Obama is a racist
Rush Limbaugh Calls Sonia Sotomayor, President Obama 'Racists'

Real racism:
Tweeting racist remarks from the safety of your computer
Where America's Racist Tweets Come From - Megan Garber - The Atlantic
None of that explains why you seem to think that Jaime Foxx's comments aren't racist.

Try again, please.

I want to know what you think, and why, about this specific topic.

Thanks,

Your fellow Los Angeles area citizen,

Harrier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies