Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 PM

482 posts, read 798,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Can't find a single case of him being connected to a white woman. If you can, show me.
Doesn't say much of anything. His comment was in jest as i'm sure you know. However, i can't think of a single reason why a white actor would say "i get to kill all the black people in the movie." What subject matter could that movie be about that would make him say such a thing?

I don't think Foxx's comments have any wider social implications. It's just a simple joke.

Oh really? You're white...can he hold his own against YOU? Well, let's see....he's richer than you, more famous than you, picks up hotter women than you, has a better life than you, etc., etc.,...how are you stacking up so far?

The white man that can seemingly get away with any damn thing. He can say anything and do anything he wants. The same evangelicals that will still roast Jesse Jackson for saying "Hymietown" made sure they went to "Passion of the Christ" by the busloads, and this is even after he CLEARLY made anti-semitic statements in the lead up to the film.

Proof that white folks can pretty much get away with anything, although they'll never admit it.

No one gives a damn about your lack of guilt.

Your incessant whining and playing the victim is getting old.

Gimme some examples of militant black men rolling with white women. I know you'll say Malcolm X, but i'm not sure that he ever LOVED white women. He did enjoy exploiting them though. However, after his conversion, he had little if anything to do with white women, or white people in general.

He was gleeful because he should have been gleeful. Killing people that were involved in the slave trade would've been a wonderful thing had it actually happened. In fact, i'll go so far to say that i wish everyone in the damn south that supported slavery in any capacity would have been killed. Men and women alike.

As far as i'm concerned, the saddest thing about this film is that is isn't true.

This is the most absurd post i can remember reading on C-D. Complete bullsh*t. If you own someone, you DO hate them. What do you think taking someone's freedom from them constitutes if not hate? You kidding me?

Go look up pictures of his kids.Pretty girls,btw, but you can tell he made them with white women

Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM

This is Corrine.She is a model,and her mother is WHITE. Look at her features, and you can clearly tell.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
A bit of a double standard, is all. White guy does not get away with saying that. Period.

Does it bother me? No, I've got bigger issues to worry about, just merely making an observation.
But the white man DOES get away with it.

Again, explain why didn't white evangelicals go after Mel Gibson for anti-semitic comments that he made around the time he released The Passion? They went to his movies in church buses and completely ignored what he said. Meanwhile, they can't forget the "Hymietown" comment.

And another poster stated that John Wayne made a comment about his film giving him an opportunity to kill "all the injuns."

Billy Graham was on White House tapes making anti-Semitic comments, and he's still beloved. In fact, if he wasn't incapacitated, he'd STILL be going to the White House fairly regularly.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post

This is Corrine.She is a model,and her mother is WHITE. Look at her features, and you can clearly tell.
Yea, but i need to see her mother. And i don't doubt that he has trysts with white women. But still, i can't find any examples of him being in any real relationships with a white woman.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, but i need to see her mother. And i don't doubt that he has trysts with white women. But still, i can't find any examples of him being in any real relationships with a white woman.

He does not want the public to know who he sleeps with.He said that on Oprah. He said, whoever he boinks should be kept private. His daughter is evidence of his trysts with white women.I mean look at her. You do not need a picture of her mother to know.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Go look up pictures of his kids.Pretty girls,btw, but you can tell he made them with white women
He also likes black women. And has dated black women.

He's also a very nice, intelligent, non-racist guy.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:07 PM

57 posts, read 73,644 times
My position on this non-issue is this:

-He was obviously joking
-I don't think anyone would be offended by it unless they were looking to be offended
-However, if the situation was reversed (i.e. a white actor joked about killing black people in a movie), it might have been taken more seriously; I think there is a double standard here, but it's hardly something to lose sleep over.

I think some people just like to get into heated 'discussions' about race, and will jump at any excuse to do so.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am we'll aware Obama is president. And at the same thine his opponents spent an exorbitant amount of time trying to prove he wasn't and American and get him out of office. Not because of his policies or politics but because of other reasons.

And sadly enough people of my age group had to deal with legacies of Jim Crow and i am in my 30s. I still get people who are "amazed" I am so well spoken.

Maybe the 20 something's have a colorblind society but I certainly don't see it.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Jade, you didn't say that your are black. Are you? It doesn't matter except for the fact that you talked about people "being amazed that you are well spoken". Many of my associates and friends are well spoken. A number of them are black. So what are you trying to prove?

My entire argument in this thread is that people should not be hung up on race and should endorse Dr. King's admonitiuon to "judge people not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character".

Do you disagree with that principle?

Old 12-29-2012, 01:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:

Actually, the appearance of that young lady doesn't confirm that her mother was designated to be in the "White" racial category. I have relatives who look like her, and there are no White people in my family.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
He also likes black women. And has dated black women.

He's also a very nice, intelligent, non-racist guy.

I guess I don't know.But yes I am pretty sure he's a nice guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies