Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Apparently, most of us weren't even born when "the filth" was duly noted by a nut-case...

"Parallel to the training of the body a struggle against the poisoning of the soul must begin. Our whole public life today is like a hothouse for sexual ideas and simulations. Just look at the bill of fare served up in our movies, vaudeville and theaters, and you will hardly be able to deny that this is not the right kind of food, particularly for the youth...Theater, art, literature, cinema, press, posters, and window displays must be cleansed of all manifestations of our rotting world and placed in the service of a moral, political, and cultural idea."
- Adolf Hitler (Mein Kempf, Vol 1, Chapter 10)
So, you draw an analogy between sexual conservation and nationalist fascism with a dash of genocidal stigmatization.... So if killing 6 million Jews invalidates every value a demagogue held, even if it was a logical one....then the inverse must hold true for our great leaders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
So, you draw an analogy between sexual conservation and nationalist fascism with a dash of genocidal stigmatization.... So if killing 6 million Jews invalidates every value a demagogue held, even if it was a logical one....then the inverse must hold true for our great leaders?
The analogy has nothing to do with genocide of Jews (and not that the genocide was LIMITED to Jews but like everything else, I bet you're clueless about that too).

Unless, I'm missing the point of this thread and it really is about genocide? In which case, here's another from a ditto-head:

"Today Christians stand at the head of this country. I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past (few) years."
- Adolf Hitler

Can't be anything BUT genocide of Jews, right?

Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
It wasn't that long ago that these guys wearing suits and ties were thought to be a wave of moral decay.
It's all his fault:

Old 12-31-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
The analogy has nothing to do with genocide of Jews (and not that the genocide was LIMITED to Jews but like everything else, I bet you're clueless about that too).

Unless, I'm missing the point of this thread and it really is about genocide? In which case, here's another from a ditto-head:

"Today Christians stand at the head of this country. I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past (few) years."
- Adolf Hitler

Can't be anything BUT genocide of Jews, right?
Why are you quoting Hitler...???

Are you fond of his philosophy?

orrrr.....are you trying to draw a parallel between sexual conservatism and Hitler???

I got $1000 on the latter..

Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
And obviously to the parents who are raising these kids. I was shocked at these photos of kids in what you call a 'All Ages Club'. I had never heard of one of these clubs before but I would hope you would agree that what these kids are doing is appalling and over the top. I blame this on liberalism that has created a society lacking in moral values. Those (and you know what type people they are) who run the media in Hollywood who have saturated the airwaves with filth are to blame as well.

Shocking Photos. These kids have no decency and honor.

The 30 Most Awkward Photos From All Ages Clubs
This looks like a junior high dance in my town which is rock solid Republican. It's a buzz kill when the parent PTO chaps join in.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Why are you quoting Hitler...???

Are you fond of his philosophy?
I also quoted you... now don't assume I'm fond of your philosophies.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I also quoted you... now don't assume I'm fond of your philosophies.
Soooooo.....sexual conservatism...Nazi Germany......same thing?

Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Soooooo.....sexual conservatism...Nazi Germany......same thing?
Suggesting sexual conservatism was a part of a Nazi thought process might be more accurate. But, of course, not limited to Nazis.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Suggesting sexual conservatism was a part of a Nazi thought process might be more accurate. But, of course, not limited to Nazis.
Aww cmonnn..... I've seen your posts and you are such a stickler for the "details", remember? So you would neverrrrr everrrrrr cherry pick a small sample size from one of the most stigmatized tyrants from the one of the most notorious historical regimes and apply those values across a whole demographic in America.

Oh wait... you just did EXACTLY that!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Aww cmonnn..... I've seen your posts and you are such a stickler for the "details", remember? So you would neverrrrr everrrrrr cherry pick a small sample size from one of the most stigmatized tyrants from the one of the most notorious historical regimes and apply those values across a whole demographic in America.

Oh wait... you just did EXACTLY that!
Actually, it is you who is cherry picking by assuming Nazis were only about genocide, but in this case, primarily to deflect from the context of this thread which is about "filth" and "liberalism".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies