Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 AM

17,702 posts, read 13,559,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Perhaps we should put the NRA in charge of the country then.

Polls: NRA has higher favorable rating than Obama | WashingtonExaminer.com
That's a good idea. Wayne LaPierre '16.

And if he wasn't up to snuff for you Righties.............you could blame it on him being French.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The NRA is a good lobby for gun and ammo manufacturers. Recently, they've become less helpful to sportsmen. I cashed in my membership a few months back.
Possibly true--as a city boy and non-hunter, I don't really follow the hunting angle. Obviously the NRA for the past quarter century the NRA has been consumed with a) fending off gun control initiatives such as the so-called "assault weapon ban," and the anti-gun lawsuits of the 1990's; b) expanding 'concealed carry' provisions at state level. The NRA has been successful in both of these areas thus far.

When it comes to hunting, it's probably best for them to form orgs that specifically address their interests. The NRA has its hands full with more basic issues right now.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:37 AM

82 posts, read 121,256 times
Quote:
Perhaps we should put the NRA in charge of the country then. I personally think the president's approval rating has been inflated by the media.

Of course the NRA has a better reputation than Obama. We havent started our campaign against them yet. Havent you noticed its only just begun? A relentless wave of propaganda and facts on gun violence to thepoint of making people sick, scandalizing any and all gun crimes and linking them to gun control will begin to happen right after the new year. Its been a long plan to remove guns from the rights of private ( white) citizens for years. I am glad to see it is finally being activated. I have no doubt that we will prevail. We took marriage from YOU, the most sacred institution.......do you believe that we wont get your guns? You are naive.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,920,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Sure a random poll conducted in areas of dense red neck, hillbilly populations.

Not that hard to grasp the concept.
You're suggesting Gallup has purposely selected people that would support guns for their poll?

Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,145,004 times
I don't think the NRA has a MFR than Obama. Maybe if you only poll gun owners but not the full country. I don't buy that.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I don't think the NRA has a MFR than Obama. Maybe if you only poll gun owners but not the full country. I don't buy that.
It's a Gallup poll.... I think the probelm is most people that haven't been around guns underestimate the amount of people with them. Nearly everyone I know owns a gun whether it's for hunting, recreation or self defense.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:07 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,222,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You're suggesting Gallup has purposely selected people that would support guns for their poll?
Stranger things have happened.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:00 AM

957 posts, read 756,031 times
As the poll shows, the highest approval rating of the NRA came from Republicans. IOW>Old white guys,,, whose days are numbered.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Quote:
Perhaps we should put the NRA in charge of the country then. I personally think the president's approval rating has been inflated by the media.

If popularity is your only criteria for running the country then perhaps Justin Bieber would be a better choice than the NRA.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
As the poll shows, the highest approval rating of the NRA came from Republicans. IOW>Old white guys,,, whose days are numbered.
It's a weighted average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies