Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes 57 43.85%
No, never any Muslim 63 48.46%
Only if he/she is great(er) 10 7.69%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM

168 posts, read 244,133 times

Advertisements

The Problem of Islam in Europe - YouTube

'Islamization' of Paris a Warning to the West - YouTube

Old 12-30-2012, 11:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
I saw a thing on the news where muslims are asking for citizenship in spain for any descendants of the ones who were kicked out of spain back in the 1700's. It's a friggen joke. They were kicked out because they invaded the damn country to begin with.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliganO View Post
Are you joking? You don't read or watch the news??? YouTube has tons of clips of it.

Sad that most Americans have no knowledge outside of their own nation

NTEB: The Plan For Muslim World Dominance Conspiracy site, doesn't count as a link.

"Belgium Will Become an Islamic State" :: Gatestone Institute This one is mostly talking about the racism/anti-semitic issues that they are dealing with in Belgium, which like Belgium we deal with racism/anti-semitic issues in our own country everyday.

Muslims demand islamic state in Grønland Norway [not the island, but an Oslo district] | Vlad Tepes We have Americans who whine about seceding when their guy loses, Norway having a small fraction of whiners isn't a big deal.

General Boykin Claims Muslims Making 'Great Progress' Spreading Sharia The key word in this article is "claims." I can "claim" anything I want, doesn't make it true.

Islamists to open DNC with prayer for sharia to replace US Constitution Not really a trusted Conservative site and I remember this and this isn't the whole story...also I was asking about Europe, not the US.

Oslo Muslims Demand Sharia-Controlled Zone Sounds like Norway needs to increase some of their security measures, try driving a van up to a government building in the US and see what happens.
I thank you for providing links, but your claims of what is going on in Europe with Muslims doesn't match the link, I am gonna say you are exaggerating with your claims.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:50 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliganO View Post
Be honest....

Would you vote for a practicing Muslim to become president?
Sure, as long as the person was moderate, did not advocate for sharia law, and supported Israel's security. Policies and integrity are what matter. I don't care about race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any of that.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes. A practicing Muslim is just as deluded as a practicing Christian, seeing that there is no such thing as God. So what's the difference?
I look at this post and sit in bemused wonder at how ignorant our general society has become.

This country was founded on Christian principles such as

- All men have inalienable rights which are granted by a higher power and as such not subject to the whims of government.

- Murder, theft, adultery, slander (bearing false witness) are all Christian principles upon which our society is founded.

- John Adams, who signed the Declaration of Independence and was the second president of the Unites States stated, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

-
Christians do not found theocracies where members of other faiths are persecuted by legal decree. In fact the very first sentence of very first amendment in the Bill of Rights states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Muslim countries implement Sharia law which specifically dictates the oppression and persecution of other religions.

When is the last time you have heard of a Christian 'honor killing'?
When is the last time you have heard of a Christian demanding people be murdered because they desecrated a bible? Or made a video critical of Christ?
when is the last time you have heard of a Christian murdering members of other religions in mass or disenfranchising them from legal protections under a constitution as was recently done in Egypt?

When you sit there and make a statement comparing a possible Christian as President to a practicing Muslim it makes me shake my head in disappointment at how far our country has fallen for average citizens to be so blind.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 AM

215 posts, read 182,301 times
No

Old 12-31-2012, 01:02 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
When is the last time you have heard of a Christian 'honor killing'?
I'll stop you right there because you already don't know what you're talking about.

"Honor" killing is haraam to Islam. We still do "honor" killings because we have honor, and we don't let people thread it lightly. And yes, Christians in the region also do "honor" killing.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'll stop you right there because you already don't know what you're talking about.

"Honor" killing is haraam to Islam. We still do "honor" killings because we have honor, and we don't let people thread it lightly. And yes, Christians in the region also do "honor" killing.
Give me a break.
Are you lying or really so ignorant

Regardless of what you consider sinful, large numbers, not the occasional oddball, who proclaim themselves Muslim as in followers of Islam engage in murder against family members in the name of Allah and their honor.

As for Christians engaging in honor killings - please show me some proof or apologize for your slander.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
LOL, I have relatives all over the middle east including Afghanistan. Let me cut you a little secret, killing a female for losing her virginity or something is not allowed in Islam. After she's found guilty in a trial, she can only be sentenced to 1 year banishment and some flogging or something like that.

However, killing does happen. It's been going on long before Islam. The reason some families kill their daughter is rage. A daughter is MONEY in that part of the world, and no one is going to pay money for a non virgin.

We kill each other there for a lot of petty things, and some of our practices (I'm a Nakh) are downright pagan. We have plenty of blood feuds in just my family back in the north kavkaz over minor things. And we will continue to have blood feuds. We're stubborn and honor is very important to us.

Quote:
As for Christians engaging in honor killings - please show me some proof or apologize for your slander.
Very easy Honour killing: Couple who converted to Islam

But I won't apologize to you ever. You're one funny man LOL

Last edited by zombieApocExtraordinaire; 12-31-2012 at 01:52 AM..

Old 12-31-2012, 01:34 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then why did Hillary hire Al Queda to take out Momar in Libya? I guess they didn't really support it just backed and paid for it and used NATO airstrikes to pave the way.
Why did the Reagan administration back the Mushahadeen of which Bin Laden was member of?
To kill Russians?
Quote:
Al Qaeda was formed by bin Ladin because of Desert Storm (ie after 1991) and our military presence in Saudi Arabia. It was true that during the '80s the US did support bin laden and the Mushahadeen (sp) in Afghanistan because we were fighting communism (soviets). tsk tsk.
Why were Bin Laden's family members gathered and given immediate exit from the United States by the Bush administration right after 9/11/01?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies