Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow....this lack of contemplation flabbergasts me. I am a law abiding citizen. And....I refuse to comply with any unconstitutional and unjust( read ILLEGAL) law.
All this retroactive registration, fingerprinting, recording of types of firearms etc will acomplish is creating criminals, who are defined as such by ambiguous and arbitrary definition.
Rather....unAmerican....methinks. This type of nonsense predefines citizens as a threat, for owning a particular type of firearm. An assumption of guilt, if you will. Talk about bigoted fear mongering. Pure, unadulterated, playing of fear to gain power over the citizenry.
Look, if folks dont feel a need to own a certain type of firearm, dont. Just don't feel as if those who do choose to own these weapons need submit infringement of our rights, and be classified as potentially violent, just to satisfy the sensibilities of the rabbit peoples unreasonable and irrational phobias.
I guess you dont know what "law abiding" means. You could make your argumnt about photo ids at voting booths too, and simply refuse to produce one and insist it it your right to vote with or without ID. Well, guess what, they wont let you vote, not in FL anyway. you can cry your eyes out claiming such law is unamerican and that you are being treated like a criminal, but who cares? It is anohter thing some people feigh outrage about, but I am not bothered by it. I show ID, vote, and go home. If I have to register my car, or guns, I just do it and move on.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-01-2013 at 06:50 AM..

Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why should I have to PROVE a point you are trying to make?

And....

Once again, you provided a wiki link....Below...

Gun politics in Switzerland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know, that anyone can change....

And then you provided the following link...

Bearing arms in Switzerland

Which tells me what about ammo? Where...?

Who cares....that is good......now, the next time you do not agree with a wiki link, I'll be sure to remind you of this conversation....
If I ask for a link, and someone provided one, I am not going to demand another one claiming the first link is not good enough. If I did not believe the link, then I would provide another one proving it false. You are playing games, and bring nothing to the table, and I have no time for it.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
The "Swizz" don't require registration, it was defeated in 2011 referendum, along with the requirement for the militia to store their issue weapons in armories.

http://www.protell.ch/cms/images/sto...age18.2.11.pdf

registration :- You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means-Inigo Montoya
There are many proposals, and some pass and some don't. Just because one law did not pass, doesn't mean that others have not. You also need to remember the the Swizz joined the Schengen treaty which requires a that info about all gun sales is sent to the government. If you want to call that something other than registration, then we are just playing word games.

Guns in Switzerland: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

CompareCivilian Gun Registration
In Switzerland, the law requires that a record of the acquisition, possession and transfer of each privately held firearm be retained in an official register

CompareGun Dealer Record Keeping
In Switzerland, licensed firearm dealers are required59 46 58 to keep a record of each firearm or ammunition purchase, sale or transfer on behalf of a regulating authority

CompareGun Manufacturer Record Keeping
In Switzerland, licensed gun makers are required58 to keep a record of each firearm produced, for inspection by a regulating authority

CompareState-Owned Firearm Records
In Switzerland, State agencies are required59 47 to maintain records of the storage and movement of all firearms and ammunition under their control

Old 01-01-2013, 07:05 AM

266 posts, read 402,471 times
Wow, some here are just butt hurt about people owning guns.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
Wow, some here are just butt hurt about people owning guns.
there are some people who love the term butt hurt also.

maybe people want the right to be able to defend themselves.

it will be ironic if we wind up having to defend those who aren't willing to defend themselves-and now these dopes (and they are dumb if they think that taking guns away from law-abiding citizens fixes ANYTHING) are trying to deny us the ability to defend anyone.

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Clint Eastwood

Read more at Gun Control Quotes - BrainyQuote

is gun registration free, or is this just another money grab?

Old 01-01-2013, 07:16 AM

I own so called "assault rifles". Guess I'm going to be butt hurt. LOL

Last edited by small arms; 01-01-2013 at 08:19 AM..

Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I own 5, so called "assault rifles". Guess I'm going to be butt hurt. LOL
I own my share, and oppose bans. My quest here is to figure out why people feel so strongly about registering their guns, because to me it would be no big deal if I still get to keep my guns and buy more.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I own my share, and oppose bans. My quest here is to figure out why people feel so strongly about registering their guns, because to me it would be no big deal if I still get to keep my guns and buy more.
There is the key word, "if".

Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
There is the key word, "if".
My question is not about bans, because opposing bans makes perfect sense to me, my question is about registration. The only answer I have received is "registration leads to bans", which doesn't make much sense to me because the government does not need a registry to ban guns, because all they would have to do is ask people to turn in their guns, and most people would do it, and those who would not, are the ones who would also refuse a registration, so it doesn't make any difference. If you choose to keep an illegal gun, then you can do so, and take the risk of paying the fines, or whatever penalties there would be for illegal possession. It is that simple.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:56 AM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
It doesn't, but nothing like that will pass, because for the average nit whit private citizen in order to get finger printed you need to be a suspect of a crime.

But to really answer your question specifically, it would come under Shall not be Infringed...

That crack ***** Feinstein needs to be arrested and tried for treason... She has violated the Oath to defend the CONS.

Now she has violated the LAW and her own oath. I want the state of California to arrest her for Treason.

I have already been finger printed for a couple of arrests that didn't pan out well for getting framed by the cops. That cop DA is now also serving time for 512 counts lumped into 4 felony charges as a child molester , again for a Mass carry permit, again to sell guns under a FFL dealer Lic, so I don't really care.

But if it were a new law i would simply choose to ignore it like i will any other new law. That is all illegal I am fear....

I will be demanding her arrest if she isn't very soon, along with anyone one else, like Biden the Villages Banger, Pelosi, Chucky Da boy Schumer, et al......

What you need to do is read the Declaration of Independence and the CONS are try really hard to understand what you are reading.

You just can't go around treating the Law Abiding like a bunch of criminals, because you say so, or because a crack ***** says so, or even because the ONE says so..
If the law changes and you ignore it, you will no longer be law abiding. Therefore, you will be a lawbreaker, and guns will end up in the hands of a criminal. Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies