Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,391,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I don't believe the non transferable part will get through. A ban, yes; this no. You have a huge 14th Amendment issue here. You purchased the firearm legally, now you cannot even leave it to your son (or daughter)? If such an issue passes, it will be a lawsuit and the US Supreme Court will be involved. Of course, Obama stacking the court in his favor won't help the issue either.

I just don't see how they can make a law saying I have to destroy something I legally purchased with no due process.
quote from Feinstein "(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip

This is the kind of people we are dealing with that writes a larger ban inside the bill, not telling the people of it.

You know that any common semi auto handgun can accept a extended magazine even a 1911 not to mention Beretta, Glock, Sig, Ruger, Smith & Wesson and all the others so technically this ban is a ban not just on military type rifles or carbines but just about ALL semi auto handguns also. Once the sheep who don't have a use for a AR but love their handgun realize THAT there will be some angry.....angry people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
quote from Feinstein "(iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip

This is the kind of people we are dealing with that writes a larger ban inside the bill, not telling the people of it.

You know that any common semi auto handgun can accept a extended magazine even a 1911 not to mention Beretta, Glock, Sig, Ruger, Smith & Wesson and all the others so technically this ban is a ban not just on military type rifles or carbines but just about ALL semi auto handguns also. Once the sheep who don't have a use for a AR but love their handgun realize THAT there will be some angry.....angry people.
You just say NO, maybe Hell NO , but getting into a debate of semantics with the left is pointless.

The instant Fiendstein drops the bill on the senate floor she should be arrested for the capitol offense of treason.

Either that or be called King George Rex.. I made my bed.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:

It a POS bill but you are reading that section incorrectly. Most semisuto handguns do not accept magazines out side of the pistol grip.

that section refers to pistols like the DC-9 and Tec-9

Old 12-31-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You just say NO, maybe Hell NO , but getting into a debate of semantics with the left is pointless.

The instant Fiendstein drops the bill on the senate floor she should be arrested for the capitol offense of treason.

Either that or be called King George Rex.. I made my bed.

I am not trying to change a entrenched anti gun person's mind, I am posting and exposing the truth so others will know and stand up to this.

A LOT of people own and use a AR, but a HELL OF A LOT of people are handgun people who think they are immune to this and this shows they are just as much in the target of these people as a AR owner, is. Ovcatto, a poster I respect, has a Glock, from what I have seen he has nothing against a ban of military type rifles, come to find out certain people in his democrat party are out for him also.

We must all hang together or we will hang seperately.....a gun owners are the worst on that sometimes like " I am a hunter I don't care if they ban those other ones" and they think they are safe from a gun grabber? No they are not.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
It a POS bill but you are reading that section incorrectly. Most semisuto handguns do not accept magazines out side of the pistol grip.

that section refers to pistols like the DC-9 and Tec-9
I hope I am reading it wrong but the way I see it there are 20rd or more mags for a Glock as a example which would stick out the bottom of the handgun thus a handgun that is capable of that is under the ban.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I hope I am reading it wrong but the way I see it there are 20rd or more mags for a Glock as a example which would stick out the bottom of the handgun thus a handgun that is capable of that is under the ban.
What your thinking about would be covered under hi-cap mags over ten. Just like in California. Where do you think DIFI came up with most of this bill.

You people want to learn how to deal with bills like this need to explore Calguns.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
Quote:
What your thinking about would be covered under hi-cap mags over ten. Just like in California. Where do you think DIFI came up with most of this bill.

You people want to learn how to deal with bills like this need to explore Calguns.
Absolutely correct. HOWEVER, this time Feinstein and her supporters aren't going to be so stupid. With the first ban, they left many loopholes, which were quickly exploited. This federal ban isn't going to allow loopholes. They are learning from their mistakes.

What she and her kind are going to do is what has occurred in the UK. Most people think its illegal to own a firearm in the UK. It isn't. However, the red tape to get a permit to own a firearm is so astronomical, few people go through the process to get one. The samething is going to happen here.

In California, right now, there is a bill to make people who purchase ammunition to have a registration card and go through an annual background check. To pay for it, they will double and/or triple the prices of ammunition. Therefore, your average joe won't be able to afford to shoot and/or buy ammunition. Even self reloaders are going to get hit.

In this thread, I asked a simple question: What would a ban do if there are millions of weapons already out there? You notice no one has answered the question? The anti gun people are going to pass this legislation to make themselves feel good and that is all. They keep saying they want you to be able to own a gun. Sure they do. However, they are going to make so difficult, you won't be able too.

As I said, I'm a police officer. I'm going to be exempt from the majority of these laws. Even when I retire. The general public is going to get totally screwed by this.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
What your thinking about would be covered under hi-cap mags over ten. .

Well that would cover all the guns, including a AR or AK. A 10 shot mag makes them just that, a ten shot gun. So there is no need to ban ANY gun under that truth.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Absolutely correct. HOWEVER, this time Feinstein and her supporters aren't going to be so stupid. With the first ban, they left many loopholes, which were quickly exploited. This federal ban isn't going to allow loopholes. They are learning from their mistakes.

What she and her kind are going to do is what has occurred in the UK. Most people think its illegal to own a firearm in the UK. It isn't. However, the red tape to get a permit to own a firearm is so astronomical, few people go through the process to get one. The samething is going to happen here.

In California, right now, there is a bill to make people who purchase ammunition to have a registration card and go through an annual background check. To pay for it, they will double and/or triple the prices of ammunition. Therefore, your average joe won't be able to afford to shoot and/or buy ammunition. Even self reloaders are going to get hit.

In this thread, I asked a simple question: What would a ban do if there are millions of weapons already out there? You notice no one has answered the question? The anti gun people are going to pass this legislation to make themselves feel good and that is all. They keep saying they want you to be able to own a gun. Sure they do. However, they are going to make so difficult, you won't be able too.

As I said, I'm a police officer. I'm going to be exempt from the majority of these laws. Even when I retire. The general public is going to get totally screwed by this.
You realize those "loopholes" for LEO's are being worked on to be closed.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
I am not trying to change a entrenched anti gun person's mind, I am posting and exposing the truth so others will know and stand up to this.

A LOT of people own and use a AR, but a HELL OF A LOT of people are handgun people who think they are immune to this and this shows they are just as much in the target of these people as a AR owner, is. Ovcatto, a poster I respect, has a Glock, from what I have seen he has nothing against a ban of military type rifles, come to find out certain people in his democrat party are out for him also.

We must all hang together or we will hang seperately.....a gun owners are the worst on that sometimes like " I am a hunter I don't care if they ban those other ones" and they think they are safe from a gun grabber? No they are not.
Does it really make any difference if a list of parts is created or a list of items that make up styles of guns?

I have flintlocks that have pistol grips of a sort and always did... Should a cleaning rod matter? What about brass tacks in the shape of a cross?

Should it matter of a magazine consists of a long brass rod stuffed up thru the butts stock or is slung under the barrel?

So what if the mag is in the grip, ahead of the grip or behind the grip?

The whole point is none of these guns are assault weapons period and just because Dianne thinks they are, doesn't mean in fact they are.

In the last ban a bayonet was a big deal and yet my Brown Bess has one.. Recently another grabber was stating some ridiculous rate of fire in minutes of time, and a time amount I can beat with a Brown Bess..

To people like this who choose to remain totally ignorant after 50+ years, there can be no talking points they will hear. You just say No, Hell No...

If you do they will ban pipe, 2x4s, sticks and stones.... because they are just too stupid.

I do know what you mean..... I own several flint locks, a few cap locks mostly 6 shooters, and then several hand guns, long guns and presently 2 AK's of which one has grenade launching capability , an under folding wire stock, and will take the bayonet that came with it.

The other one is completely neutered because of Biden's stupid ban.....

The next thing you know is a sling will be too bad to own and when it is I don't know what a man will hold his pants up with, but i see the left is already working on that now with guys who wear a potatoe sack about as high as their knees.

The simple fact is, you can not legislate safety. Allowing these brain dead drug and booze addled minds create law is just as stupid....

She needs to be arrested for treason and if not sent to a insane asylum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies