Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
You fools.

Every other developed nation gets the same healthcare result for half the cost.

Starve the beast. Stop throwing money at it. You don't even realize who your abusers are.
lol. You're the fool. You may get healthcare for 1/2 the cost but you only get about 1/8 the healthcare we get in the USA.

It's not all about the cost.

You lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
I am just as "entitled" to my social security and medicare as I am entitled to the money I put in my savings account with interest.

I paid into both my entire life, I am entitled to draw out that money as well.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I am just as "entitled" to my social security and medicare as I am entitled to the money I put in my savings account with interest.

I paid into both my entire life, I am entitled to draw out that money as well.
Um, no. Maybe you should read the fine print in the contracts you sign or your parents sign for you on your behalf.

The government has no obligation to give you anything. Maybe you ought to think twice about begging it to lord over you.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:36 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Um, no. Maybe you should read the fine print in the contracts you sign or your parents sign for you on your behalf.

The government has no obligation to give you anything. Maybe you ought to think twice about begging it to lord over you.
So I don't deserve the money that I paid in the last thirty years?

I never signed anything, nor does what my family sign for themselves apply to me.

What kind of traitorous monster are you to steal from the population of the US.

Would it be okay if the government stole your retirement/savings accounts and gave you nothing? You paid into it your whole life...should they be obligated to give you anything?

Old 12-31-2012, 05:37 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
What about Unemployment Compensation? Workman's Comp.? Are they "entitlements"?

Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 PM

768 posts, read 879,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

This needs to be repeated over and over and over again until they get it.

There is no money. They spent it on themselves. The time to protest was 20, 30 years ago.

Its too late now.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So I don't deserve the money that I paid in the last thirty years?

I never signed anything, nor does what my family sign for themselves apply to me.

What kind of traitorous monster are you to steal from the population of the US.

Would it be okay if the government stole your retirement/savings accounts and gave you nothing? You paid into it your whole life...should they be obligated to give you anything?
(B) TO ENGRAFT UPON THE SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM A CONCEPT OF "ACCRUED PROPERTY RIGHTS" WOULD DEPRIVE IT OF THE FLEXIBILITY AND BOLDNESS IN ADJUSTMENT TO EVER-CHANGING CONDITIONS WHICH IT DEMANDS AND WHICH CONGRESS PROBABLY HAD IN MIND WHEN IT EXPRESSLY RESERVED THE RIGHT TO ALTER, AMEND OR REPEAL ANY PROVISION OF THE ACT. PP. 610-611.

I mean, that's straight from SSA.

So, no, you have no right to anything no matter what you paid in to the system. I hate to break it to you but you're approving of the law each and every time you pay monies to SS and up until you relive yourself of your SS number.

That's consent to the terms agreed in the original act that your ancestors agreed to whether you like that or not. Whether you agree to them now or not.

I'm sorry to crush your world but someone had to do it. If congress tomorrow wanted to completely abolish SS and its programs there's absolutely nothing you could do about it besides protest and hope you could elect someone else that will change that course of action. If thy succeeded in abolishing it you have no right to claim anything and will be dismissed by every court in the land.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
We have noticed that no one is talking about stopping all the money being sent to other countries. Nobody is talking about stopping welfare. But I think the downfall of the Republican party is that they do not understand keeping your word to people who are citizens of their own country. Everybody seems to be wanting to throw Grandma and Grandpa under the bus that they paid for. They need to be ashamed of themselves. A country cannot succeed by walking on the backs of their old people.

I have always heard that you can tell a lot about someone by the way they treat senior citizens and children. Think about it!

Then when a husband or wife dies and money is tight; the government takes a high percentage of the wealth they BOTH worked to put together for their old age. Can't the government at least wait until both partners are gone. It is really sad when a person has to pay for the right to die. Makes our government look like a bunch of heathens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies