Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Because some people are reluctant gun owners only taking up arms because police won't get there in time to defend those people against their perpetrators. You know, like victims of domestic violence and people who have restraining orders out for stalkers.

Why don't we just start posting the addresses of all 18 year old females? How about posting the addresses of all news reporters and government employes? How about we post addresses of all private employees who we don't like the companies they work for?

You people have a fatal flaw in your abilities to comprehend what's right and what's not. You're so ready to punish people that have done nothing wrong that you don't give two ****s about the repercussions of doing that.
And what about the accident related fatalities, the homicides, the mass shootings? Just the casualities of war for the way this country handles its gun control? Why are you so afraid of change? You folks are going to f@ck this up and another gun tragedy may actually push this country to ban guns. Instead of taking the charge, you folks just deflect. It's quite curious to us folks who support gun ownership that yall are being so stubborn, it will surely come back to hurt your cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 07:54 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And what about the accident related fatalities, the homicides, the mass shootings? Just the casualities of war for the way this country handles its gun control? Why are you so afraid of change? You folks are going to f@ck this up and another gun tragedy may actually push this country to ban guns. Instead of taking the charge, you folks just deflect. It's quite curious to us folks who support gun ownership that yall are being so stubborn, it will surely come back to hurt your cause.
Fix what? The 3 thousandths of a percent chance that you'll die in a gun related crime. Spare me. The next time you perpetrate being an advocate of something you might want to know the goddamn stats before you make yourself look even dumber. No one believes you're advocate of gun rights. You've made it perfectly clear that you're a liar and propaganda artist hell bent on ignoring laws and reality so you can push for your utopian fantasy land.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:04 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
How about victims of domestic desputes that have restraining orders against offenders? Do they deserve their addresses posted on the Internet so that their stalker can easily find them?

If that's the case then just post everyone's address and tie to the address whether they have a firearm or not. Then it can be a free for all.
Don't you have that reversed? Wouldn't it make more sense to have perpetrators of domestic violence be on some kind of public registry? Makes sense to me.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
the paper has announced it will next publish the names and addresses of permit-holders in Putnam County with an eye toward eventually politicizing the names and addresses of every gun owner in the state.

Just another really good reason to never register your guns.

I will never own a registered gun.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
No you just dont like to hear anything that conflicts with the narrative you and others have a created. You dont want to accept or listen to how the conditions that prompted this amendment mostly dont exist. I have no problem with guns being for sport and protection, but lets dispense with this notion that its to prevent tyranically govts.

but since that is the reason for the 2nd Amendment, I will go against your version of the 2nd Amendment and stick with mine.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
No you just dont like to hear anything that conflicts with the narrative you and others have a created. You dont want to accept or listen to how the conditions that prompted this amendment mostly dont exist. I have no problem with guns being for sport and protection, but lets dispense with this notion that its to prevent tyranically govts.
And how did you decide that?

The need for citizens to protect themselves against tyrannical government has always existed and always will.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Every gun owner should proudly display their address. There is nothing to be ashamed. And there is no such thing as anonymity in this day and age.

Problem with that being some burglers specifically target stealing firearms..........

Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Fix what? The 3 thousandths of a percent chance that you'll die in a gun related crime. Spare me. The next time you perpetrate being an advocate of something you might want to know the goddamn stats before you make yourself look even dumber.
Exactly. Statistically speaking the chances of being involved in any sort of violent crime is very low. Statistically speaking having this high of per capita gun ownership hasn't made this country safer. Perhaps you should take a look at the bigger picture.

Quote:
No one believes you're advocate of gun rights.
Where have I ever said I wanted to ban guns? Why would I want to eliminate my ability to own a firearm? Why do you ASSume so much?

There's a line between sport, recreation, and protection and being some angry dude with a feeling of hopelessness and lots of guns and ammo.

Quote:
You've made it perfectly clear that you're a liar and propaganda artist hell bent on ignoring laws and reality so you can push for your utopian fantasy land.
And you've made it clear you can't argue rationally, instead you have to name call and put words in my mouth. Good job.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
I see a class action law suit coming their way which will close them down for good.

I also see a need for yard signs pointing out who doesn't own any guns..

Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
but since that is the reason for the 2nd Amendment, I will go against your version of the 2nd Amendment and stick with mine.

Time isn't static. The world actually changes around you. Now I wonder why, considering the circumstances of the times why America would have such an amendment....

This what America looks like in 2013....

Your version is quite dated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies