Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
A big recession is headed your way.

When some of you lefties are laid off because businesses can't afford to keep you, remember....YOU supported these tax hikes on the very people that support your business.
I'm a small business owner, and people have been telling me this since Obama took office the first time.
I'm still waiting......
Maybe the economy is bad, but the rich will ALWAYS pay for luxury services, my income has actually gone way up over the last several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I'm a small business owner, and people have been telling me this since Obama took office the first time.
I'm still waiting......
Maybe the economy is bad, but the rich will ALWAYS pay for luxury services, my income has actually gone way up over the last several years.

Have they ever considered living frugally like average working class Americans?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
The great FDR once said "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself".

Too bad the Republicans or the Chicken Littles on this forum will never even understand that quote.

Negative thinking and fear are our problem, not a few tax increases on super wealthy people

Old 01-05-2013, 06:46 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I'm still waiting......
Well, that's great.

However, this is the first time that he got his way with a tax increase on your clientele.

A family with a $450,000 income will now pay an additional $13,500 annually, which they could be using for luxury items.

Even if they use a "loophole" to hide it, it's still not going into the economy.

I hope that your business is not effected.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The great FDR once said "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself".

Too bad the Republicans or the Chicken Littles on this forum will never even understand that quote.

Negative thinking and fear are our problem, not a few tax increases on super wealthy people
The "great" FDR?

America would have been better had he died from Polio as a child.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
A big recession is headed your way.

When some of you lefties are laid off because businesses can't afford to keep you, remember....YOU supported these tax hikes on the very people that support your business.
When the layoff notices arrive, you'll be getting one too.

So there!

You "feel sorry for the people blah, blah, blah"

Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
The "great" FDR?

America would have been better had he died from Polio as a child.
Not surprising. I would imagine you wish things would have went better for Hitler.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Well, that's great.

However, this is the first time that he got his way with a tax increase on your clientele.

A family with a $450,000 income will now pay an additional $13,500 annually, which they could be using for luxury items.
Certainly a lack of understanding. The tax increase for a family STARTS at $450,000 and ONLY effects income OVER $450,000. No matter what a family earns, ALL income under $450,000 retains the Bush tax cuts.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 AM

571 posts, read 790,604 times

Let's get rid of labor rights altogether, they're TERRIBLE for business. Minimum wage, overtime, unemployment, safety requirements, age restrictions. You know what a boom that would create for our economy? Move over China! Of course a couple hard working folks will fall into the sausage grinder every once in awhile but it's all good protein, am I right?

Damn progressives!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Well, that's great.

Even if they use a "loophole" to hide it, it's still not going into the economy.

I hope that your business is not effected.

It won't be, my clients tell me they'd rather go on a Ramen noodle diet than get rid of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies