Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,032,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know one SINGLE person, Republican or Democrat, that thinks this was a great deal for anyone.

Nor have I seen it on this forum; but I might have skipped a thread or two.

So I'm thinking that the OP is looking foolish right now. Thread fail
You need to expand your horizons. City Data is one forum of the many thousands out there. Not to mention news sources that you could pull from.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/01/ms...-the-cleaners/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 PM

29,382 posts, read 16,300,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals everywhere are claiming victory across the interwebs. I've yet to find a forum where liberals are crying over the outcome. All they see is Barack fulfilling a campaign promise of raising taxes on the rich.

"ARITHMETIC" doesn't appear to matter. Perhaps you can reach out and inform your brethren?
You are on this forum and no one is claiming victory. How can you own yourself that hard

Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,032,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are on this forum and no one is claiming victory. How can you own yourself that hard
Expand your horizons would be my recommendation.

Quote:
MSNBC’s Ed Schultz is joining the White House in declaring victory after the last-minute Tuesday morning fiscal-cliff deal, even though it has yet to clear the House of Representatives.

“[i] would say that this is a big victory for the president and the people,” Schultz declared. “This is what the people voted for.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/01/ms...#ixzz2GlMM5lUy

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/01/ms...-the-cleaners/

Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 PM

76,857 posts, read 47,182,410 times
It is a victory for the middle class as their taxes are not going up, and it is a victory for the military etc as they get to keep their jobs for the time being.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
You need to expand your horizons. City Data is one forum of the many thousands out there.
thats all fine and dandy, but you said

Quote:
Liberals everywhere are claiming victory across the interwebs. I've yet to find a forum where liberals are crying over the outcome. All they see is Barack fulfilling a campaign promise of raising taxes on the rich.

"ARITHMETIC" doesn't appear to matter. Perhaps you can reach out and inform your brethren?
the very place you are posting discredits your argument.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:49 PM

pretty sure Ed Shultz is a progressive by most people's standards, which is not the same as a liberal. Im also pretty sure that Ed Shultz does not speak for a majority of anyone.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,603,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They feel they "won" because there's basically no cuts in any real spending. Cuts in discretionary spending = ticked off Dem voters who rely on nanny state vote buying to win elections. They don't really care about any cliff, they just don't want to lose the power to continue buying votes with gov. money.
How do you know their are no cuts in spending? We don't know the specifics of anything, and nothing has been passed yet.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:50 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,351,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Who said we think we won ???
I agree I am kind of glad the GOP is sinking this. If nothing happens we get real rates like dividends taxed at ordinary income and a 55% rate on the estate tax w/ a $1m deduction.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,968,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How do you know their are no cuts in spending? We don't know the specifics of anything, and nothing has been passed yet.
I know there are no real spending cuts because the President supports it and so do his minions, that's all we really need to know in order to be sure that there are no meaningful spending cuts included in the bill.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:54 PM

4,059 posts, read 4,102,311 times
Quote:
The deal to avert the fiscal cliff, which includes tax increases on those making $450K and above, results in an estimated $60B in additional tax revenues annually.

LOL

Someone, anyone please tell me how how a measely $60 Billion in revenue will do anything to alter the trajectory of TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICITS!

LOL

Silly liberals think they've won the debate but in reality have been shat on again by none other than Barack Hussein Obama!

It's all about "ARITHMETIC!"

Hiliarious!!

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...lief%20Act.pdf
You need to understand real work accounting and static accounting.

Static accounting is what government use. Basically, if total income is $100, at 30% tax rate, they will get $30, at $10, they will get $10, and at 90% rate, they will get $90. Static accounting does not take into human behavior into account. If I have to do all the world and the government take 75%, why even both work hard?

Let me use static accounting in real world that you mind understand. We all love Apple's products, their demands always exceeded demands.

If Tim Cook (Apple CEO) use static accounting and say, we are selling iPad at $499 each and our revenue is 100 million on it. If I we just add one zero at the back and sell it for $4,990, our revenue will be 1 billion. If they do that, only the fanboy of the fanboy will buy it. Not only they will not get the revenue of 100 millions, they will get a lot less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies