Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
yea, someone on welfare was pulling down 60,000 a year, HA HA HA.

sorry, but no one is going to believe you on that one.

Maybe you thought someone who retired early or who got workers come, but not someone strictly on welfare, that wouldnt even be considered income, so why would they show you that documentation in the first place ?
Woman collects 300,000 in fake welfare claims.....

Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Google News Archive Search

Oh and here is another one..
This one collected 300,000 too!
Welfare fraud case: Roseburg woman lied to government about marriage
Welfare fraud case: Roseburg woman lied to government about marriage | OregonLive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Here is a link to Welfare Fraud cases....
Yikes it is a GOV site too! Oh the truth of it all!

Just one story from the site...

May 2007 – Los Angeles County
While exact figures are difficult to tally, experts estimate as much as $300 billion a year is lost to health care fraud in the United States - more than half of it to organized crime.
Medi-Cal spends about $34 billion annually to provide care for about 7 million indigent Californians - with about $3 billion of that lost to fraud, experts say.
The state Attorney General's Office has a bureau that deals specifically with Medi-Cal fraud. It's prosecuted about 1,000 such cases over the past eight years - double the number for the previous eight years. Most, officials say, are related to organized crime.

Welfare Fraud Stories

Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Undoubtedly the response from the Left will be something about Wal-mart, wages, and welfare.

In other words, why work at Wal-mart when you could just stay at home and collect?

That's the Leftist Mantra for 2013.

Well why would you work 40 hrs/wk when you could get the same money for free?

Old 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Woman collects 300,000 in fake welfare claims.....

Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Google News Archive Search

Oh and here is another one..
This one collected 300,000 too!
Welfare fraud case: Roseburg woman lied to government about marriage
Welfare fraud case: Roseburg woman lied to government about marriage | OregonLive.com
You just argued 2 cases out of what, 30 million and this guy claims he was seeing it on a regular basis. you smacking your own head isnt going to make you comprehend why your argument is just as flawed as his.

you are arguing the exception to the rule rather than the rule itself.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:36 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
I guess the welfare bashers won't be truly happy until they see all the grandmothers out on the streets eating out of trash cans

Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Sadly,I believe it.

I'm working 80+ hours a week, and have nothing to show for it,except a car.
No savings,no home,nothing.

My main gripe with some people getting food stamp,public housing,welfare,SSI,etc is when they ask me why I don't have anything.
They think because someone is working they can pay for a Bentley,have a home,have 120,000 saved up,and spend money like it is water.
They don't realize there are hidden costs to working like paying taxes,health insurance,gas,food,and rent that they all get for free.

They seem to love throwing me under the bus.
Some guy I know collecting food stamps,in public housing,and on SSi asked me why I don't have anything to show for working so hard. he actually thought everyone that works gets this big lump sum around tax time(where did that idea come from?). This all from a guy who was on the system most of his life. He is also a criminal.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:51 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Sadly,I believe it.

I'm working 80+ hours a week, and have nothing to show for it,except a car.
No savings,no home,nothing.

My main gripe with some people getting food stamp,public housing,welfare,SSI,etc is when they ask me why I don't have anything.
They think because someone is working they can pay for a Bentley,have a home,have 120,000 saved up,and spend money like it is water.
They don't realize there are hidden costs to working like paying taxes,health insurance,gas,food,and rent that they all get for free.

They seem to love throwing me under the bus.
Some guy I know collecting food stamps,in public housing,and on SSi asked me why I don't have anything to show for working so hard. he actually thought everyone that works gets this big lump sum around tax time(where did that idea come from?). This all from a guy who was on the system most of his life. He is also a criminal.

Many homeowners do get a "big lump sum around tax time" especially if they have large and "young" mortgages and have a large dollar amount of itemized deductions. (In the early years of a mortgage, interest - which is deductible - makes up nearly all of the P & I payment.) This guy might have had relatives or known people who got large tax refunds, or he might have heard about other people getting large tax refunds.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:52 AM

You won't believe some things some "pooper" people have said to me.

Everone gets back a huge refund come tax time,and everyone with kids is eligible for the Earned Income Credit regardless of income.

I have had some people suggest to me I should get on welfare so I could stay home with my kids. Wth?
It was my mother in law,and she was saying she took care of her kids when they were younger. She did it on welfare....yeah that's really taking care of your kids by yourself alright. Smdh

Some people have told me they didn't know Medicaid had income limits. I have even met middle class people who thought that too,so many people are uninformed.
Same with food stamps. These people thought you could just walk in the welfare offices and sign up.

On this very site,someone thought just because someone was black they could get free housing,just for being black. Smh.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Many homeowners do get a "big lump sum around tax time" especially if they have large and "young" mortgages and have a large dollar amount of itemized deductions. (In the early years of a mortgage, interest - which is deductible - makes up nearly all of the P & I payment.) This guy might have had relatives or known people who got large tax refunds, or he might have heard about other people getting large tax refunds.
Homeowners who claim the property tax rebate get back very little.
My sister this year got nothing.

this guy was talking about the Earned income credit. Some people I know get 2500 per child.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Sadly,I believe it.

I used to work for American Airlines in Tulsa which most people thought of as a great job. We lived in a one bedroom apartment with our son on the sofa and our infant daughter in our bedroom, drove an old Chevy with a caved in rear quarter panel, ate white label chili and rice, couldn't afford cable, bought groceries at Sam's on credit card and hoped to get some overtime before the bill came. We had friends on welfare that offered us their extra government processed cheese. They received more in food stamps than we could afford for food on our weekly budget. They were living significantly better than us and I had a "good" job. I finaly left American and took a job in Saudi Arabia to break out of the trap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies