Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What the hell do you call that if it's not "class warfare"?
That's not "class welfare" - that Reaganism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What the hell do you call that if it's not "class warfare"?
The ones bellyaching the most about class warfare are the ones who are most enthusiastically engaging in it.
I don't mind though. I mean, calling half of the country a bunch of worthless mooches has worked out so well for the Republicans, hasn't it?

Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is the first president in US history to use class warfare as a way to divide Americans and to pit Americans against the Americans who are the job providers and against Americans who pay the majority of the taxes.
Projection. It's not just something you do in a movie theater.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Republicans are for creating jobs period..

Get out of here... I mean... really... oh man... ...

without many jobs being created there is no tax base and no safety net for the poor.

Dude, most of my life, the top rate has been 50%!!! Now its 30%. Historically it has been as high as 90% Do you have any idea of what a 90% top rate and no cut-off could do for America's fortunes? But my point is this... with lower taxes than there have ever been. Ever. Employment is sluggish at best. The Fortune 500 continue to hoard cash, outsource and squeeze profits from productivity increases. What exactly are they waiting for??
A payroll tax amnesty?? Maybe the offshore account repatriation amnest... ooh that's a good one, that's the one where they get to bring all the money they have stashed in the Cayman's and elsewhere into the U.S. and the IRS looks the other way. And nothing else changes. Except that the rich will have gotten a whole lot richer. Again.

H

Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Actually, he has, on numerous occassions. You live in a fantasy land.
Put your money where your mouth is. Tell me WHEN and what Obama said that was positive about success. Your president has such a hard o* for people that are rich even though he is also rich. Obama knows money is power and he wants to take away anything that might be good for Americans.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Reading these hater threads, I can't help hearing the posts in Gollum's voice: "Nasssty Obama, Ooooh we hatesss the nasssty Obama, yesss we do, preciousss".
You said it and I agree. Your president listened to people whine about not getting paid more money to do nothing that he has hatred for the doers.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
What agency do I call to get a few welfare/extended UI leeches to show up at my house to do some work? I am paying to support them so I should be getting something in return besides a bill.
LOL, it would be a good idea. They can be a seeing eye dog for the blind, house cleaning, cut grass, go grocery shopping for the elderly, how about someone who stays with an elderly person assisting them. There is so much that they can help with but they are just too lazy and expect paid for their laziness.

Anyone who is offended... don't' even think I am the only person who looks down on you. You have no clue how many people feel contempt and disrespect for leeches.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I think you're the one who's bothered by it............
Why does your skin color bother you so much?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
I thought that was ALWAYS the case of the government. Always has been a valley between poor and wealthy. Could it be that the difference has recently been seen because of the president's skin color? Furthermore, the president and the presidents before him are nothing more than a public relations spokeperson. Someone you can blame everything that goes wrong, that you can praise when everything goes right, to calm fearful hearts, and to ignite the patriotic mind of the American. If a president really wanted change and fought for the average American citizen, he would be "taken out" just like President Kennedy and President Lincoln. IMHO
Obama does not care about the middle class folks nor does he care about the amount of debt. Anyone who thinks so lives in la la land.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Have you seen the student ratings for Heldman, who teaches at Occidental (The LIBERAL ARTS College)?

Caroline*Heldman - Occidental College - RateMyProfessors.com

1/3rd of them rate her as an indoctrinator more than a teacher. Many of them comment that to challenge her would affect their grade, so they don't. The concept of teaching is to allow students to challenge ideas. They rank her high for being "Hot" though, which is very important.

The Progressive Method of teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies