Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times

Advertisements

Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Didn't you start a gay bashing thread this morning?
You must be referring to the pro-marriage thread I started yesterday. For whatever reason, the mods have closed the discussion. This would have been posted in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You really are obsessed with gays.
I'm obsessed with defending what's left of my country against its enemies, militant homosexualists among them. When they stop pushing I'll stop pushing back.

In any case only six of the last 60 threads I have started had anything to do with the topic. That's 10 percent. By contrast, five of the 17 threads you have started mention homosexuality. That's 30 percent. So who's really obsessed here?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:01 PM

990 posts, read 939,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You must be referring to the pro-marriage thread I started yesterday. For whatever reason, the mods have closed the discussion. This would have been posted in it.

I'm obsessed with defending what's left of my country against its enemies, militant homosexualists among them. When they stop pushing I'll stop pushing back.

In any case only six of the last 60 threads I have started had anything to do with the topic. That's 10 percent. By contrast, five of the 17 threads you have started mention homosexuality. That's 30 percent. So who's really obsessed here?
If you were "pro-marriage", you'd support gay people getting married.
/discussion

Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Well, if one is scared that people will be turned into rampaging homosexuals by the bite they receive in the light of the full moon... sure, there goes freedom into the grave without access to precious garlic or curative wolfsbane.

I hate the idea of marriage no matter who wants to enter into it for whatever reason. It's time is done as a cultural practice and whether theists or same-sexers know that is irrelevant. It just is and statistics prove it. Certainly sociology does and the laxity it has shown as truth when it comes to the 'sanctity' of marriage.

But I do believe that when people are scared they react defensively. I don't believe anyone has to approve same-sexers being together any more than they would back when greasers would show a natural interest in the preacher's daughter. It will happen or it won't and so what? The less people look at others as if they are communal property rigidly performing obligatory duties or believe that others should be keeping a proper public face is necessary for someone else's selfish personal comfort, the better we all will be.

Other than that, I agree WesternPilgrim: worked correctly with some small tweaks to the system, same-sexers can get married today. They simply want approval from those they feel subjugate them, so clamor on for the official use of the adjective that will define them as 'normal', the word 'married'.
I commend your attitude, but frankly doubt there's any reasoning or ''accomodation'' to be had with the gay bashers. And their obsessive hatred isn't even due to their ''religion'', etc., as it stems from the same reasons racist whites are so afraid of Obama and other ''uppity'' blacks.... because strange as it may seem, some folks absolutely depend on having someone else to look down on! So the real issue here is, how dare gay folks act like they're ''equal'' to everyone else?!

Is Homophobia Just Narcissism?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 PM

180 posts, read 267,221 times
I'm anti-Barry to the core. His "conversion" to the gay rights movement was just lip service get Hollyweird donations for his crappy re-election campaign, which was, incidentally, the most corrupt, moralistic muck-raking reactionary propaganda movement since the 19th century.

But anybody should be able to marry anybody because it's a civil contract--not a religious one. That the churches want to monopolize morality is laughable at best anyway.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:30 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
WP, " The sin of Sodom," is not exclusive to homosexual people. More straight people commit acts of sodomy than gay people. Why don't you go after straight people who commit sodomy, aren't they are ruining your marriage?

Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM

488 posts, read 412,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I commend your attitude, but frankly doubt there's any reasoning or ''accomodation'' to be had with the gay bashers. And their obsessive hatred isn't even due to their ''religion'', etc., as it stems from the same reasons racist whites are so afraid of Obama and other ''uppity'' blacks.... because strange as it may seem, some folks absolutely depend on having someone else to look down on! So the real issue here is, how dare gay folks act like they're ''equal'' to everyone else?!

Is Homophobia Just Narcissism?
To some.

I say it is fear mostly. And with so many changes going on from the tech revolution & the re-orientation to a globally-run environment, old-school types feel lost which naturally changes to fear that reacts with hate directed toward easy and traditional objects of scorn. It is natural and folks do have the right to be afraid & voice their concerns & opinions no matter how injurious they may be or seem to be.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

When do you even meet all these militant homosexuals you are so worried about?

They're "pushing" you? Dude. You've posted you don't even take your kids to home-town parades for fear they'll hear music and jiggle while they sit on the curb. I'm guessing you don't go to the gay pride parades in West Hollywood. (Don't by the way. Everyone is having a good time. Your finger shaking would definitely bring down the vibe. And the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence might walk over and give you a kiss on the cheek as they are wont to do.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-02-2013 at 04:49 PM..

Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Grow up and stop hounding this beast. You and I mean you, keep posting over and over anything about your hatred towards gay people. Were you abused as a child and are taking this out on all and any gays? Give it up. The treads get closed because of all the extreme hatred that ends up being spewed about. We gay men and women are humans too, we pay taxes too, we deserve the same respect and treatment, not to be constantly belittled and denegrated. Your marriage will not change because a gay couple gets a marriege license from the federal government. Your freedoms are not removed, but we attain some that we are denied. It is called equality for everyone, not just straight people.
people for gay "marriage" are bigots against religious people.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
people for gay "marriage" are bigots against religious people.
Marriage, as in civil marriage, has nothing to do with any religion. BTW there are many churches that support SSM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies