Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 06:10 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,624,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Sexual orientation is an innate biological characteristic.
Prove it.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
It has long been held that there are four sins which cry out to heaven for vengeance:

1. Willful murder.
2. The sin of Sodom.
3. Oppressing the poor.
4. Defrauding working men of their just wages.

All of these are sadly prevalent in the United States, but only one of these is threatening to become institutionalized today: the sin of Sodom, in the form of same-sex "marriage".

Same-sex "marriage" is not a mere trifle. If institutionalized it will turn our civilization inside-out. Although abortion (i.e., "willful murder") is arguably a greater evil, most citizens can at least avoid complicity. Not so with same-sex "marriage". Everyone from county clerks to school teachers, from insurance salesmen to commercial printers, from caterers to photographers, from journalists to secretaries, from social workers to health care professionals, etc. etc. ad infinitum, will be forced - on pain of legal sanctions, loss of employment, or social marginalization - to confess that unmarried people are married, that lies are truth, that unreality is reality; and to cooperate with and facilitate the whole damnable charade. This is the textbook definition of tyranny. Men and women of conscience, who refuse to lie or pretend for anyone, will eventually be deprived of their livelihoods.

"How Same-Sex 'Marriage' Suffocates Freedom"
by Bryce Christensen outlines the process:

"For those trying to enshrine the notion of same-sex 'marriage' in law are not primarily trying to enlarge the freedom of homosexuals; they are primarily striving to diminish the freedom of skeptics who would deny that the union of homosexuals is—or can ever be—a legitimate marriage. The aim of those trying to inscribe the novelty of homosexual marriage in law is actually that of making an outlaw out of anyone who would question the moral substance of this new social construct and the sexual behaviors it legitimates."

Do you love your country? If you do, you will do everything in your power to oppose the insidious totalitarian trojan horse (no pun intended) of same-sex "marriage". And by that I mean insisting that government acknowledge the metaphysical reality of marriage as it actually exists - the union of one man and one woman established for the procreation of children, the mutual help of spouses, and the prevention of concupiscence.
Actually, the real sin of Sodom was that the Sodomites didn't honor strangers/visitors with respect, and that was a major deal back then..the rest of what the Sodomites were involved in was just more trouble poured on.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:16 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
The O.P. is a perfect example of why the religious right has a "bad name". . . ...The "Jesus" that they worship hated no one and rejected no one. Common sense, as well as scientific evidence, Illistrates that sexual orientation is an inborn characteristic, not a lifestyle choice. If i could have one wish for humanity, it would be "enlightenment"!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
When did you choose your sexuality? I did not choose mine. One cannot choose their sexual orientation, they can only choose to have sex or not.
I would wish that everyone who "condems" gays, would ask and answer that question for themselves, honestly. The TRUTH would be obvious!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times
Quote:
What drug are you on, and can I have some please?

Another wrong answer.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I would wish that everyone who "condems" gays, would ask and answer that question for themselves, honestly. The TRUTH would be obvious!

Next we'll have drug addicts saying I was born to take drugs.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:26 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Another wrong answer.
Your ramblings often are just plain nonsense. I'm curious why that is. Drugs seems the obvious answer.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
The O.P. is a perfect example of why the religious right has a "bad name". . . ...The "Jesus" that they worship hated no one and rejected no one. Common sense, as well as scientific evidence, Illistrates that sexual orientation is an inborn characteristic, not a lifestyle choice. If i could have one wish for humanity, it would be "enlightenment"!

Nice try...the people in those days had already evolved past a need to understand that trying to mate and become one with the same sex was inherently or inseparable from wrongness, and against the subject of a God who would have created the world. Thats why they didn't waste time talking about it like todays confused...any more then talking about whether or not trying to put food in the ear for eating...is ok.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
No, there's no choice involved in sexual orientation. There's choice in sexual behavior, sure, but not one's sexual orientation.
While I am no expert in human behavior, this is what I believe as well.

Well said, hammertime33.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
I'm a very good reader and very good at math (my training and trade as a chemist requires a very high proficiency in math).

It's pretty nutty that you think there are more gay people in Africa than straight people.
I don't think there are more "gays" with aids then straights, I said in Africa there's a higher percentage of gays who have aids then straights.

in Africa gays are 10 times more likely to have aids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies