Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 07:18 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,076 times

Advertisements

the level of ignorance on this thread is really a bit astounding! Sexual Orientation is NOT A CHOICE. Sorry for raising my voice here, but that fact is so obvious that I have a hard time understanding why people fail to believe it. Our world is already massivly overpopulated with humans, to the point that other species are being crowded out. . . . .I do believe that "god" has a "master plan", and that what is is what should be. . . . . .even if that means that we destroy ourselves, and that the planet has "another chance" to create a peaceful and loving world.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
And you're getting your "statistics" where exactly?

Because the fact say otherwise. 60% of Israelis support same-sex marriage.

That right there proves you to be totally making stuff up and trying to project your fanatical religion upon people who clearly do not agree with you. Here you work in one of the most morally corrupt industries in the history of mankind (diamonds exist in Western culture solely due to the exploitation of Africans and the murder and war used to take control over those mines) and you're trying to tell the majority of people that they're the ones who are on the wrong side of morality?

If you were a Rabbi who preached love and knowledge it would be one thing for you to hold these opinions, but you're a Jewel dealer who profits off of the exploitation of entire nations and the destruction of natural resources. You cannot take moral high ground making a living the way you do.
I don't buy that poll (very likely done on Shabbbos to purposely mess up the vote)
Unless I see the breakdown divided by demographics I wouldn't put any faith in that poll.
The sum of all the parts doesn't add up.

If we would take the parties in Israel and poll everybody who voted for those parties there is no way that you would get 60% of all people in Israel being in favor of gay "marriage"

read this paragraph like a foot note
(a super majority of people in Isreal who don't vote don't believe in same gender "marriage" (arabs and Orthodox Jews who don't believe in the state) so let's assume both they and the independent parties (which would have a lead in favor of destroying marriage but will not equal those who don't vote's lead in against same gender "marriage") don't exist) In short pretend that only parties that made the kenest count.

please give me your estimates of what percentage of people who voted in 2009 for these parties are in favor of gay "marriage"?
Kadima
Likud
Yisrael Beiteinu
Labor
Shas
United Torah Judaism
United Arab List–Ta'al
National Union
Hadash
Meretz
Jewish Home
Balad

then add up the parts. There is no way that 60% of People in Israel are in favor of gay "marriage".

Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
the level of ignorance on this thread is really a bit astounding! Sexual Orientation is NOT A CHOICE. Sorry for raising my voice here, but that fact is so obvious that I have a hard time understanding why people fail to believe it. Our world is already massivly overpopulated with humans, to the point that other species are being crowded out. . . . .I do believe that "god" has a "master plan", and that what is is what should be. . . . . .even if that means that we destroy ourselves, and that the planet has "another chance" to create a peaceful and loving world.

Another wrong answer and demonstrating very poor judgement.

Now we have an idea here that the gay act is virtuous and upright. Suggesting that the gay encounter is moral. If this is so, the consequence would have the hetro act immoral and against virtue, all alongside the supposed and imagined idea or intent, of God....( Which God would this be I wonder ?

Isn't it interesting how many wrong answers get filed into the discussion..?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
The earliest transmission of HIV was from a chimpanzee to human through blood to blood contact via hunting in Africa. Once transimitted to patient zero the disease spread through sexual contact both hetero and homo and other means. The prevalence of HIV/AIDS amongst homosexuals in the U.S is predicated upon the fact that this group was impacted by it early on in the spread of the disease. There are other factors that lend to it being more prevalent in the gay community than hetero, but the bottom line is most people in the world afflicted with the disease are heterosexual. The United States is not the world, it is a part of the world.

What are you getting at anyway? That HIV/AIDS is ONLY a gay disease... clearly it is not even with your limited sampling of statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Ok....lets send a memo to CDC and all the prof chemists and statisticians, and let them know that fusion2 has
a study which suggests that HIV/Aids has not become what it is today, directly out of the male/male gay act.

(Science knows the gays have fueled the disease.

Roughly...with a 1% gay male in USA , including the bi guys

out of the over 50, 000 new HIV infections for just one yr in USA, over 31,000 will be gay males...but, the gay male only represents 1% of the population and is showing 62% of all known new infections....so

Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Shouldn't this discussion be in the "Religion" section?

I thought the topic had to do with law, politics and civil rights.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 PM

Oh, now we're going to talk about communicable disease.

What some people will stoop to in order to defame and demonize members of the LGBT community.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,624,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Sorry, you're going to have to get off of that one. For at least some out there it IS a choice. If you want to be beholden solely to your biological impulses then I guess that's your choice (SEE?) and you have a right to it, but don't presume to restrict the entire human race as you've chosen to restrict yourself. As I told that **** NY Jew guy, you have sovereignty over your OWN life, but you are required to grant others the same sovereignty over theirs: you don't get to tell them how to live their lives.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
The earliest transmission of HIV was from a chimpanzee to human through blood to blood contact via hunting in Africa. Once transimitted to patient zero the disease spread through sexual contact both hetero and homo and other means. The prevalence of HIV/AIDS amongst homosexuals in the U.S is predicated upon the fact that this group was impacted by it early on in the spread of the disease. There are other factors that lend to it being more prevalent in the gay community than hetero, but the bottom line is most people in the world afflicted with the disease are heterosexual. The United States is not the world, it is a part of the world.

What are you getting at anyway? That HIV/AIDS is ONLY a gay disease... clearly it is not even with your limited sampling of statistics.

ok....send your study out and enjoy feedback ...good luck

Old 01-05-2013, 07:52 PM

Bottom line:

LGBT people deserve to be treated as equal citizens and with fairness.

No matter how prejudiced you are, or how much you hate gay people ... the fact reminds this community exists and will succeed in getting it's civil rights.

Civil marriage is a civil right.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Bottom line:

LGBT people deserve to be treated as equal citizens and with fairness.

No matter how prejudiced you are, or how much you hate gay people ... the fact reminds this community exists and will succeed in getting it's civil rights.

Civil marriage is a civil right.

Bottom line....Gays need to take some public responsibility for directly causing the disease aids to be what it is, an overwhelming scientific fact...including all the money and work in research and the amount of people who have died, for one senseless, disgusting act which without question, vastly and greatly fuels the disease. Fair is fair. Once the movement tries to pull in society what is seen , in sites and other, some mentioned here...for example sites..F Yeah Gay Parents... there is zero but reality coming forward in argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies