Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Carl Rove is that you?
Ive yet to learn anything from your entries.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well Eastern Europe clearly shows a higher rate through heterosexual sex. You were the one who wanted someone to give you just one country.. now you have a region.

Your own CDC eludes to the fact that Vaginal sex accounts for the highest rate of HIV transmission worldwide. The point i'm trying to make is that this disease is NOT just a gay disease and the sooner the world accepts that reality the better for us all. Education and prevention are the answer - not blind statistics and religious dogma......demonizing homosexuality or even wishing homosexuality goes away isn't either.
If almost half of cases in Western Europe appeared in less then 10% of the population you have to be an idiot to not realize theirs a correlation.

In regards to Russia before the stats shows anything we need to see what percentage of the population admits to having gay relations. assuming all the heterosexuals were male if the number is more then 1.4% then you would have a point but if it's less then that gays still are much higher then avg. (if there were more Females it helps gays much more likely to have aids case)

So please give me stats from the same year for all those countries combined for how many men self identify as having gay relations.

In short Russia proves nothing because if only 1.3% of Russians self identified as having gay relations then Russia also has a higher rate of gays then normal people having AIDS.

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Carl Rove is that you?
lol

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I didn't write that clearly (it was very close to Shabbos) but I'm still baffled how you came to that conclusion (the last half of my sentence would make no sense according to your interpretation)

Let me make it clear what I was saying.

1. numerically there are more straights then "gays" with aids in Africa
2. but Percentage wise gays are 10 times more likely then straights to have AIDS in Africa. (see report)
3. the reason why gays aren't majority of the worlds AIDS cases is because is because so many "straight" people have AIDS in Africa. If Aids in Africa was reduced to the same percentage of the population (all people with divided by people) as it was in the rest of the world but kept the same ratio between gays and straights as it currently is in Africa then majority of all the worlds AIDS cases would be GAYS.
You did so write what Hammertime quoted you as saying, I read what you wrote and so did others. I do not see how you come up with the majority of HIV cases worldwide being with gay people. It is 75% worldwide among straight people. The majority of HIV in India is in straight people, the same in many countries. Stop trying to make this a gay disease. HIV is a human disease and any human can get it through unprotected sex, a blood transfusion; less likely now and through the use of intravenous drugs.

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
btw do not vacation in downtown Toronto - you will not feel comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Ive yet to learn anything from your entries.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Which part of the U.S is this? Do you really think anyone is going to come out as gay in the bible belt (i'm assuming that is where this high school is). Homosexuality is still demonized in society so people aren't going to come out comfortably until they are independant and free from the people who call them "crap"

No wonder teen suicide among gay youth is so high! For shame!!

You just refuse all data no matter what. No...not the bible belt. None of the guys were gay....nothing. Ive met gay guys in life and can spot it. All guys in the school were very interested in girls . There were no exceptions....nothing unusual in any way, ever. Dance's, outings, trips, class's, drinking, sports stuff....some into pot, shooting pool , nothing. Thats allot of guys.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
I believe the Supreme Court will strike down DOMA.

I agree with you that it is unconstitutional. The full faith and credit clause of the US Constitution is a good argument to strike down DOMA.
I disagree with your full faith and credit clause (FFCC) statement. The FFCC genearlly applies to civil judgements. DOMA is unconstitutional for due process and equal protection reasons (and has been struck down by numerous courts for those reasons).

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,860,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You did so write what Hammertime quoted you as saying, I read what you wrote and so did others. I do not see how you come up with the majority of HIV cases worldwide being with gay people. It is 75% worldwide among straight people. The majority of HIV in India is in straight people, the same in many countries. Stop trying to make this a gay disease. HIV is a human disease and any human can get it through unprotected sex, a blood transfusion; less likely now and through the use of intravenous drugs.
The poster asked for one country where HIV rates were higher amongst heterosexuals than homosexuals and I provided sources for an entire region. The poster decided to dismiss this as unreported homosexuality by virtue of the posters feeling. Extraordinary - when it is convenient the percentage of homosexuals is dumbed down within a population, concomittantly, when it is convenient for the opposing argument, the percentage of homosexuals is inflated!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
By the way, I think legalized same-sex marriage will come to Pennsylvania ... but honestly not this year or next year ... but it will come. Some state legislators have come out in favor of it, just as some came out against it. On the other hand this state has pretty well organized LGBT community in the cities, but just Pittsburgh and Philly, but in cities like Allentown, Erie, Reading, Lancaster, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Harrisburg, etc. There are county ordinances in place in several of the most populated counties that ban discrimination against LGBT people.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I can't make a sandwich and check another thread for 2 seconds... and your back at arguing things that have already been repeatedly debunked
And you are back to lies. Gays did not start the disease and it is a human disease, 75% of new cases are in heterosexuals worldwide. You are debunked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies