U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
 
32,525 posts, read 32,936,924 times
Reputation: 32454

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Hey, Old Army Soldier, there are at least seven posts on this thread challenging your fallacious appeal to authority with the claim that this guy is somehow entitled to greater consideration of his opinion because of his military service.

I guess you don't have a response. You're all over getting in people's faces about what guns they own, if any, but you have utterly failed to respond to substantive posts with substantive responses.
Lol, You might as well give that a rest.

The OP quickly joined the list of ultra-conservatives who start a thread and then fail to respond to anyone asking a question or posting a counter argument. He'll insult and call names. He'll agree with people who agree with him. But beyond that it's all talk and no substance. Once he complains about whatever he's complaining about that's pretty much it. (And the obligatory lecture on how patriotic he and whomever is his flavor of the day is.) He'll start two or three threads a day never to return once his lecture and/or rant is finished.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,893 posts, read 12,289,952 times
Reputation: 9131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Using gun nut logic, we should also respect Tim McVeigh as he too wore the uniform & there's no doubt that he would agree with this Marine.

Why don't you folks who have no respect for the law relocate in a country such as Somalia.

I like Diane Feinstein & I live in California. I don't like a lot of the Senators & Representatives from other states, and would like to see them recalled, as they write legislation that I don't agree with.
Oh, lookie! It's the Somalia defense!

lmao@u.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,371,677 times
Reputation: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
He's not a loyal American. He's one of the 'nut cases' the military occassioinally jettisons.
Warner Todd Huston interviewed him, and identified Joshua Boston as a "Retired Corporal" (after just 8 years of service), which is not possible unless he is medically disabled in the line of duty. If he's doing the false representation himself (like Craig Pulsey recently did "defending" his son's school), veterans should be upset at the guy, not supporting him. We sure have been hearing about some strange Marines lately.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,895 posts, read 16,829,614 times
Reputation: 6456
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Understand your ire. However, did they at any time express a desire to arm themselves? Was it their choice to remain unarmed in their own home? Was their right to own a firearm, in fact, infinged upon, or was it their choice?

No one is accusing or attempting to colour "responsible gun owners" as being anything other than just that, but here's the rub; your definition of "responsible" might not dovetail with a majority opinion.
And i don't care if they do or don't my life is not run by what others think. Also not everyone on this board have had a realitive murdered in their own home.

I do know know that both my family members, never expressed to be murdered in the privacy of their own home. By thugs.

And that is not my point, criminal element, thugs, punks, gang bangers, mafiaso types, murderers, burglars, will always have guns, no matter what. To think not is plain freaking ingorant.

My definiation of responsible are people i know who have owned guns, from the time they were little, and now in their fifties sixties, never once an accident, or handling of the gun in a inmature childish, dangerous manner.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 AM
 
1,523 posts, read 1,226,684 times
Reputation: 356
I would like to say that I appreciate the multiple appreciation thanks to me. I can't thank you enough.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,125 posts, read 22,097,793 times
Reputation: 25622
The only members of the military that I hold extra special concern for are the ones that were drafted.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 AM
 
23,885 posts, read 14,324,061 times
Reputation: 14643
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Typically hypocritical self-Righteous whiners who cuddle up to the law of the land when it suits them (2nd Amendment) yet proclaim themselves above the law when it doesn't.


Pick a side you cowards, get off the damn fence and decide whether the law matters or it doesn't.

???????????

I fail to see the logic in your argument or any evidence of "selective" rejection of "the law". Typically, liberal retorts are confused and without structure, so I guess I should not be surprised.

Conservatives want the nation to adhere to THE CONSTITUTION and that behavior is very consistent and unwavering. Liberals, on the other hand, create laws to financially benefit some, at the expense of others, to secure a constituency of dependents.

Again, most gun owners will reject an illegal decree (as it is a violation of the Constitution) and will retain thier weapons. I am not aware of any police force that would attempt to come and confiscate weapons, as-

a. they would be slaughtered in the first state in which it was attempted and thier forces would be depleted.

b. most of the law enforcement officers and military active duty and vets are firearms owners
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,214 posts, read 8,479,576 times
Reputation: 7775
Of course, no one important is actually calling for mass gun seizures in this country, but that won't stop you from fantasizing about your wet dream of slaughtering fellow Americans in the name of "FREEDOM."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 AM
 
Location: The Golden State, USA
940 posts, read 654,060 times
Reputation: 1372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, lookie! It's the Somalia defense!

lmao@u.
Just suggesting a place where the gun obsessed crowd would be free to do as they want.
If you would prefer to stay in the United States and ignore the laws that you disagree with, it's your choice. I'm sure you will enjoy your incarceration with like minded individuals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 AM
 
24,302 posts, read 11,699,393 times
Reputation: 6896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Just suggesting a place where the gun obsessed crowd would be free to do as they want.
If you would prefer to stay in the United States and ignore the laws that you disagree with, it's your choice. I'm sure you will enjoy your incarceration with like minded individuals.
When do you realize it is not about guns? It is about rights and about staying true to the constitution. By the way it is your rights too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top