U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,256 posts, read 1,920,802 times
Reputation: 1071

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Actually, this constitutionally illiterate jarhead is a public servant, whose Commander in Chief is Barack H. Obama.

In our country, the military is under civilian control. Always has been, always will be. The pros or cons of any particular piece of firearms legislation aside, that fact is not going to change, no matter how much pouting there is from military goons.
Obama... Not Feinstein.

And technically, as veterans will state, soldiers swear to defend and uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.

No where do we swear to protect or uphold the government...

Anyone subverting the constitution could be considered an enemy no?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
18,106 posts, read 10,387,765 times
Reputation: 6775
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
If a law is unconstitutional then it is no law to me...

I'm repeating myself in this thread, but I'll say it again. A law isn't unconstitutional until the SCOTUS says it is. At which point, it's not a law to anyone, including you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,256 posts, read 1,920,802 times
Reputation: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm repeating myself in this thread, but I'll say it again. A law isn't unconstitutional until the SCOTUS says it is. At which point, it's not a law to anyone, including you.
This is where you are wrong.

An unconstitutional law is unconstitutional at its inception.

This is why when SCOTUS does rule one is unconstitutional all convictions preceding the ruling are erased.

That in itself is prima facie evidence that your argument is false.


Of course, you are free to be a government slave if you choose. As for me, give me liberty or give me death...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 30,090,172 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Actually, this constitutionally illiterate jarhead is a public servant, whose Commander in Chief is Barack H. Obama.

In our country, the military is under civilian control. Always has been, always will be. The pros or cons of any particular piece of firearms legislation aside, that fact is not going to change, no matter how much pouting there is from military goons.
Maybe you need to read the letter so you can learn that this man served 8 years and is no longer active duty. Yep, he is very right about who is the servant of who. Go ahead and read all of the letter along with the description of it all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 AM
 
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
17,824 posts, read 21,310,340 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Obama... Not Feinstein.

And technically, as veterans will state, soldiers swear to defend and uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.

No where do we swear to protect or uphold the government...

Anyone subverting the constitution could be considered an enemy no?
That is how I interpreted my oath. We swear to protect and defend the US Constitution, and when government violates that document they become the enemy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 AM
 
Location: california
6,284 posts, read 5,528,271 times
Reputation: 7594
Gun owners love america more than you liberals think.
We tend to take responsibility for our seves, rather than abuse government funding .
We help others because it is the right thing to do, but we do it out of kindness, not debt.
Many conservitive gun owners would step out and defend those in danger , I have yet to see a liberal that will .
Animal rights nuts will sacrifice them selves for animals and blindly elevate animals over people , that's sick .
Liberals like to use other peoples money to protest against them but not spend their own hard earned money to help .
It is a fact that ,the disarmed empower the criminal .Particularly when the govenment turns criminal. The reason for the second ammendment.
And the liberals have made every effort to empower criminals for many years .
The law industry makes it's living on this issue, and would enjoy all the more, criminalizing more of america .
Just look at homeland security's discription of a terrorist . It discribes literally thousands of Americans including our fore fathers.
Pay close attention to the things people from other countries have said , those that have been the victom of home invasion, and the laws do not protect them , they protect the criminal .
That is your future or that of your children , unless of course you children are criminals .

Last edited by arleigh; 01-04-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Long Island
42,617 posts, read 17,487,094 times
Reputation: 9993
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Interesting.

I'm glad our founding father's or the abolitionists weren't this asinine...



An unconstitutional law is by definition illegal and therefore not subject to being obeyed.

I'm VA where I live there are local laws banning guns in certain areas. The state however has a preemption law making it illegal for localities to make gun laws different from the state.

Shall I obey the illegal local laws?

NOPE!
The prior poster indicated he will decide on his own whether a law is unconsitutional, too many internet constitutional scholars deciding they know more than supreme court justices. When each person decides the law we have no law.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
18,106 posts, read 10,387,765 times
Reputation: 6775
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
This is where you are wrong.

An unconstitutional law is unconstitutional at its inception.

This is why when SCOTUS does rule one is unconstitutional all convictions preceding the ruling are erased.

That in itself is prima facie evidence that your argument is false.


Of course, you are free to be a government slave if you choose. As for me, give me liberty or give me death...

Nope, this is where I'm right.

Answer this one for me: how is a law deemed to be unconstitutional and thus unenforceable? The SCOTUS has to rule it as such. Up until the moment they do, it is still legally applicable and considered to fall within the framework of our constitution. Yes, once a law is ruled unconstitutional, all prior convictions are overturned, but that doesn't prove your point. The SCOTUS ruling is the singular trigger point, not your opinion or my opinion or anything else. Just because the law might change tomorrow, doesn't make it null today.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
 
9,484 posts, read 4,592,487 times
Reputation: 5722
Former Chief Justice Rehnquist conceded the fact that DUI checkpoints are unconstitutional.Where were all of these "defenders of the constitution" then? I suspect they don`t care about the Constitution one bit. It`s about gun nuttery.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Florida
73,524 posts, read 39,401,305 times
Reputation: 13594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
We Should RESPECT This Man. He Wore The Uniform: Letter From U.S. Marine To Dianne Feinstein About His Guns
I am sure there are millions of people who respect him, yet disagree with his views.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top