U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 AM

32,525 posts, read 32,973,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Oh, god, not another paranoid gun-nut thread. These idiots really should have a place all their own, so they can have their group crying sessions in private.

Like perhaps a small island in the south Pacific - don't we have a couple or three we could use?
Bikini Atoll.

It would be perfect since they have such a love of things that go "boom".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 AM

20,950 posts, read 17,337,075 times
I do believe that the next bloody revolution in America will happen when the 1st federal agent comes to the door trying to confiscate someones legally owned guns.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM

17,824 posts, read 21,334,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, democracy is mob rule. We are a democratic republic, and our representatives and senators are official elected by us, to represent the people.

There ARE ways to remove a sitting Senator.

How to Recall a State Representative | eHow.com

California would be one of 18 states that allow a State Senator to the Federal Congress to be recalled.
Recalling a Senator or a House Representative has never been tested, by any State. The US Constitution, which supersedes State law, says in regard to membership:
"Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members, and a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business; but a smaller Number may adjourn from day to day, and may be authorized to compel the Attendance of absent Members, in such Manner, and under such Penalties as each House may provide." -- Article I, Section 5, Clause 1 of the US Constitution
Once each house accepts a member it can be argued that only that house can determine whether or not one of their members should be expelled or recalled. Thus making the ability to recall Congress critters in 18 States unconstitutional.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM

10,954 posts, read 12,366,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
As a former 20 year veteran of the U.S. Army, I have to agree with this U.S. Marine. His letter reflects what many members of the military agree with that I confer with on a daily basis. This Marine should be taken serious. His letter is to the point. This man should be respected to the fullest intent as all members of the armed services should past and present. Here is his letter to the un-American senator as well as all anti-gun proponents.
Okay, this is a debate, and people disagree about what kind of gun control should exist, what kind of gun registration should exist, and how it should be carried out. We can have that debate.

Your post, though, is completely illogical. It is an example of the hyper-valorization of the military that we have seen in the last couple of decades. (Actually, I think it mainly goes back to the September 11 terrorist attacks, but you can see its antecedents in the fraudulent POW-MIA stuff.)

The fact that this guy has served in the military makes him no more qualified to have an opinion on this issue than anyone else, and it makes his opinion no more valuable or correct than anyone else's opinion.

I have no doubt that you could find plenty of decorated military veterans and law enforcement officers who support gun registration and stringent gun control. If you're looking for examples, I suggest you consider the opinions of Medal of Honor recipients Daniel Inouye and Bob Kerrey. Of course, based on your original post, these men "should be respected to the fullest intent".

Last edited by jackmccullough; 01-02-2013 at 10:13 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM

7,214 posts, read 8,488,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I do believe that the next bloody revolution in America will happen when the 1st federal agent comes to the door trying to confiscate someones legally owned guns.
And I bet you can't wait for it.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,548,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Feinstein is a hyprocit.... she has a concealed carry permit and carries a gun. She is also married to an insanely rich Investment Banker in California and they have a net worth over 2billion... His company somehow managed to win the contract to handle servicing of government foreclosures west of the Mississippi.
She's not trying to get rid of handguns or concealed carry permits, she is trying to get rid of military style assault rifles that citizens don't need to have. I swear neocons are so twisted in their logic on everything. They rather have a gun, so they can "overthrow the government" in their make believe world, but yet could care less about their fellow citizens have decent healthcare or having the same rights as them, what a shame.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM

20,926 posts, read 12,107,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
NO it most certainly wont! You'll all just dash to your computer and compose a missive to the NRA demanding they put a stop to it.

You ALL excell at having someone else either tell you how or do your heavy lifting for you. Actually organize to forment a rebellion? No way jose!

Now let's discuss who is suggesting coming to your door and confiscating anything? Paronoid delusions can now be a means to measure the depth of the gun nutzeria.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,703,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Thousands of Americans lose their lives every year because the 2nd amendment seems to supercede all other rights?. If someone is trying to totally disarm YOU personally,I`m unaware of it. Feel free to enlighten me.
And 3 times as many American lives are saved every year because of the 2nd Amendment.

If we assume the number of crimes committed each year prevented by a legally armed citizen is actually ½ of the assumed 2.5 million, thats 1.25 million crimes prevented by a legally armed citizen. If only 2% of those save someone's life, that's 25 thousand lives saved.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM

1,137 posts, read 888,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
She's not trying to get rid of handguns or concealed carry permits, she is trying to get rid of military style assault rifles that citizens don't need to have. I swear neocons are so twisted in their logic on everything. They rather have a gun, so they can "overthrow the government" in their make believe world, but yet could care less about their fellow citizens have decent healthcare or having the same rights as them, what a shame.

Actually none of the guns listed in her "bill" are assault rifles.

Dont let facts get in the way of your hyper-emotional argument though.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,703,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Again. Do you own a gun? Yes or No. If so, what kind?
I own a 6906 9mm with 3 extended clips, and 2 standard clips, using staggered rounds, a Magnum round, a hydrashok round, and a glaser round, for 3 round groups.

My 2nd weapon is a Ruger, P345, 4 clips, same loads.

My 3rd weapon, is actually in the hands of an old friend, an 8MM mauser, along with steel jacketed rounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies