U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:14 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,367,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
As a former 20 year veteran of the U.S. Army, I have to agree with this U.S. Marine. His letter reflects what many members of the military agree with that I confer with on a daily basis. This Marine should be taken serious. His letter is to the point. This man should be respected to the fullest intent as all members of the armed services should past and present. Here is his letter to the un-American senator as well as all anti-gun proponents.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

‘No ma’am’: Letter from U.S. Marine to Dianne Feinstein goes viral - BizPac Review
Eight years of service as a Marine, including likely combat tours, and he only made Corporal? If he has an AR-15, he should be a good enough shot with it (you have to qualify with your weapon, likely the comparable M16/M4 for an enlisted Marine, to advance paygrades). Jon Hammar made Sergeant (with less or comparable time, although Joshua could have done four years Active, and four years Reserves), what is the deal?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 PM

20,950 posts, read 17,292,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
NO it most certainly wont! You'll all just dash to your computer and compose a missive to the NRA demanding they put a stop to it.

You ALL excell at having someone else either tell you how or do your heavy lifting for you. Actually organize to forment a rebellion? No way jose!

Now let's discuss who is suggesting coming to your door and confiscating anything? Paronoid delusions can now be a means to measure the depth of the gun nutzeria.
Talk of it is always how it begins.

Taking advantage of a tragedy like the one which occurred in Ct. is another.

Registration, banning and confiscation are all on the table....don't kid yourself.

You are the paranoid delusional one.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I own a 6906 9mm with 3 extended clips, and 2 standard clips, using staggered rounds, a Magnum round, a hydrashok round, and a glaser round, for 3 round groups.

My 2nd weapon is a Ruger, P345, 4 clips, same loads.

My 3rd weapon, is actually in the hands of an old friend, an 8MM mauser, along with steel jacketed rounds.
And how many people died because of your guns?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Actually, it's quite the opposite.
I once asked a gun lover in another forum, if given the choice to be without a gun or sex for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

He could not answer the question.
That's because it's a stupid question.

We have the right to both (responsibly).

You lefties don't understand the concept of "responsible".

re·spon·si·ble (r-spns-bl)adj.1. Liable to be required to give account, as of one's actions or of the discharge of a duty or trust.
2. Involving personal accountability or ability to act without guidance or superior authority: a responsible position within the firm.
3. Being a source or cause.
4. Able to make moral or rational decisions on one's own and therefore answerable for one's behavior.
5. Able to be trusted or depended upon; reliable.
6. Based on or characterized by good judgment or sound thinking: responsible journalism.
7. Having the means to pay debts or fulfill obligations.
8. Required to render account; answerable: The cabinet is responsible to the parliament.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Ok, so you're saying Feinstein should be assassinated? Speak plainly.
No. Just removed from office and charged with treason.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,447,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Murder rates are coming down, now that more and more people are becoming armed for their own protection.
Criminals being shot by would be victims, is on the rise, but that is not murder. Making death by gun on the rise.

Calculate that!
Link, please.
P.S. possibly not some garbage from NRA's comic site.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM

20,870 posts, read 19,873,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Talk of it is always how it begins.

Taking advantage of a tragedy like the one which occurred in Ct. is another.

Registration, banning and confiscation are all on the table....don't kid yourself.

You are the paranoid delusional one.
No you and the rabid gun right are the delusional ones.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:51 PM

1,137 posts, read 886,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No you and the rabid gun right are the delusional ones.
The only delusional people in this debate are those who argue with emotion instead of fact.

Idiots in DC and their supporters are acting ban things they know nothing about. Since the idea of personal responsibility is a foreign concept to them, they wish to blame inanimate objects for the actions of its human operator.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM

20,870 posts, read 19,873,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's because it's a stupid question.

We have the right to both (responsibly).

You lefties don't understand the concept of "responsible".

re·spon·si·ble (r-spns-bl)adj.1. Liable to be required to give account, as of one's actions or of the discharge of a duty or trust.
2. Involving personal accountability or ability to act without guidance or superior authority: a responsible position within the firm.
3. Being a source or cause.
4. Able to make moral or rational decisions on one's own and therefore answerable for one's behavior.
5. Able to be trusted or depended upon; reliable.
6. Based on or characterized by good judgment or sound thinking: responsible journalism.
7. Having the means to pay debts or fulfill obligations.
8. Required to render account; answerable: The cabinet is responsible to the parliament.
Number 1, you do not have the right to sex. And lets talk responsible. Are all guns owners responsible like many on the right want us to believe? the conn. shooter's mom was extremely irresponsible since she taught her son how to shot and use the gun even though she knew he was unstable and how about all the hunting accidents that heppen every year from responsible gun owners or the idiots cleaning their guns without checking for remaining bullets. We had a 12 year old get killed the other day because a responsible gun owner didn't properly identify his target. So until all gun owners act responsible then legislation is needed.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM

24,228 posts, read 11,644,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Link, please.
P.S. possibly not some garbage from NRA's comic site.
Why would call NRA's data garbage? Is it because it's mathematically or statistically flawed or factual wrong? Or is it because it tells you the inconvenient truth that you refuse to believe?

I would love to see that you cite one NRA's data and point out how it is wrong. I'd be right there with you if you can do that.

On the other hand, I can point out how ridiculously stuff gun grabbers have been presenting. It's so ridiculous that one must have either evil intent or just plain dumb or both to believe it.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 01-02-2013 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies