Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,431,676 times

Advertisements

As a former 20 year veteran of the U.S. Army, I have to agree with this U.S. Marine. His letter reflects what many members of the military agree with that I confer with on a daily basis. This Marine should be taken serious. His letter is to the point. This man should be respected to the fullest intent as all members of the armed services should past and present. Here is his letter to the un-American senator as well as all anti-gun proponents.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

‘No ma’am’: Letter from U.S. Marine to Dianne Feinstein goes viral - BizPac Review

Last edited by Old Army Soldier; 01-02-2013 at 06:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 AM

769 posts, read 875,851 times
Hint, she doesnt care. She thinks that if enough people voted for her its her right to oppress whoever she chooses. Tyranny is always the end result of democracy.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Hint, she doesnt care. She thinks that if enough people voted for her its her right to oppress whoever she chooses. Tyranny is always the end result of democracy.
She will not get away with what she is doing. The 2nd Amendment is there to prevent what she is attempting to do. I will not comply with her bill if it passes.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:12 AM

29,918 posts, read 18,480,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
She will not get away with what she is doing. The 2nd Amendment is there to prevent what she is attempting to do. I will not comply with her bill if it passes.
Agreed- few gun owners will.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM

769 posts, read 875,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ha, sure. Thousands of unconstitutional laws passed without violence or even threats of violence. I'll believe people will stand up for the constitution when I see it.

Most will cower and be happy they have food and shelter (until Feinsteinists move to make that a 'priviledge' too)

Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,994,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Typically hypocritical self-Righteous whiners who cuddle up to the law of the land when it suits them (2nd Amendment) yet proclaim themselves above the law when it doesn't.

Pick a side you cowards, get off the damn fence and decide whether the law matters or it doesn't.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,351,773 times
It's too bad many gun owners love their guns more than they love their fellow Americans.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 AM

11,054 posts, read 10,609,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Typically hypocritical self-Righteous whiners who cuddle up to the law of the land when it suits them (2nd Amendment) yet proclaim themselves above the law when it doesn't.

Pick a side you cowards, get off the damn fence and decide whether the law matters or it doesn't.
If the law is unconstitutional, which Feinstein's Folly clearly would be were it to pass, then it shouldn't and won't be followed by anyone who respects our Constitution.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,041,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

There were enough that got off the fence and decided some laws were unjust awhile ago.....I think it led to something called the Boston Tea Party and a few other incidences.
We now celebrate those people and their decision on Independence Day.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's too bad many gun owners love their guns more than they love their fellow Americans.
I love nobody who wants to subvert the U.S. Constitution like Dianne Feinstein does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies