Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What is one of those budget things you talk about? Dirty Harry has said that we are getting along famously without one of those things for nearly 4 years. He likes to just have battles about spending more as it is needed and therefore won't see a budget as long as he can stop them from happening. When the Senate doesn't even read and debate something from the House, no matter how ridiculous it is obvious we will never have a budget with him around. The Constitution says they can amend and compromise but Harry Reid doesn't even allow reading, let alone discussion.
I find it shocking that all during 2000 to 2007, conservatives, the GOP never produced balanced budget legislation or even mentioned balancing the budget during that time, but now, all of a sudden, the conservatives are now conservative when a democrat is in the white house. What's the matter with conservatives anyways? Are they that hypocritical?

Heck, the GOP had total control of the congress for almost 3 years during that period of time I mention, and no balanced budgets were ever talked about. They did talk about raising the debt ceilings though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 06:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Id love to see Harry punch boners tooth outhe would cry for a year.

That is an ignorant statement, as ingorant and inmature as the two party's going at it. One is not right and one wrong, takes two my friend to tangle!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Well one thing Boehner and I agree upon!!!

Boehner Responds to Reid: 'Go F
What this proves is Boehner has no class...

Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM

518 posts, read 406,642 times
Boehner's leadership of the House just might be circling the drain. He can't satisfy the tea party, and he can't even satisfy his New York/New Jersey delegation -- held up funding for Sandy just so he could put the fiscal plan to a vote. See, that's what moronic republitards need to understand: when they spend time blithering over nonsense that should have been settled more than a year ago, they inevitably run into other problems that are unforeseen, such as not looking like completely heartless turds for delaying clean-up aid to their own constituents.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What this proves is Boehner has no class...
Boehner has lots of class, but no spine. Democrats can count on Boehner caving every time to their demands, without fail.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Boehner has lots of class, but no spine. Democrats can count on Boehner caving every time to their demands, without fail.
The only thing I like about Boehner is he recognizes that the Tea Party is a cancer...

Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Boehner's leadership of the House just might be circling the drain. He can't satisfy the tea party, and he can't even satisfy his New York/New Jersey delegation -- held up funding for Sandy just so he could put the fiscal plan to a vote. See, that's what moronic republitards need to understand: when they spend time blithering over nonsense that should have been settled more than a year ago, they inevitably run into other problems that are unforeseen, such as not looking like completely heartless turds for delaying clean-up aid to their own constituents.
One can only hope. It will only take 14 Republicans to vote "Present" to end Speaker Boehner's pathetic reign. He should never have been Speaker to begin with. He was even more milquetoast and spineless than Hastert or Frist, and that is saying a lot.

The GOP needs another Gingrich to actually lead the House and get the government back on the fiscal track. As much as Republicans like to point out that when the Democrats controlled the House for four years they never enacted a budget, what they conveniently leave out is that the Republicans have not enacted a budget since 1998 (the year Gingrich resigned). Both Republicans and Democrats alike have been funding the federal government with Continuing Resolutions, Continuing Appropriation, Omnibus bills, and Supplemental bills for the last 15 years. Not a single session of Congress since 1998 has passed the thirteen appropriation bills that constitute the federal budget.

Source:
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 1998 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 1999 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2000 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2001 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2002 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2003 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2004 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2005 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2006 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2007 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2008 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2009 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2010 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2011 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2012 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Status of Appropriations Legislation for Fiscal Year 2013 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
I don't think this is particularly interesting or even worth getting outraged about. Honestly, I swear like a sailor, and while I try to reserve it for the right time and place, I can't say that I'm always perfect about it.
What would have made this story really interesting is if Reid and Boehner had rolled up their sleeves and thrown down.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Well one thing Boehner and I agree upon!!!

Boehner Responds to Reid: 'Go F

What else do you say, when you finally realize you have been played like a fiddle at a Friday night hoedown.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What else do you say, when you finally realize you have been played like a fiddle at a Friday night hoedown.
In Boehner's case I would expect a "yet again!" type of response. It should be a realization with which Boehner is very familiar. I recall Boehner promising "no compromise" on the 2001 tax extension, just after he first became Speaker in 2010, only to capitulate to the Democrats by giving them another $220 billion to extend unemployment benefits in return for Democrats support.

I put that in the same category as Obama's first State of the Union speech were he says he is against "big government."

Boehner has no business being Speaker. Any Speaker of the House, Republican or Democrat, who is unable or unwilling to pass all thirteen appropriation bills that constitute the federal budget, as required by the US Constitution, should not be allowed to remain Speaker.

Since the House is constitutionally required to originate all appropriation bills, it is solely that body which is to be blamed when there is no budget. If the House passes all thirteen appropriation bills, then they have fulfilled their constitutional obligation, regardless of what the Senate or the President does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies