Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh? Were only the Democrats fighting? I mean, sure, they were the only ones winning. But there was fighting on both sides I noticed. As I recall, you got more than a few of your own fevered and frantic whines into the mix. So no. I'm pretty confident it wasn't "for nothing."

Convenient? Sure. It a weird, paranoid nutburger sort of way.
Of course they both were....that's how they can do nothing, or very little, for us and keep meddling internationally. You drink the Kool Aid, I don't. Doesn't make me anymore of a paranoid nutburger than it makes you a naive sheep, I suppose.

The bottom line? This whole fiscal cliff issue was a hoax.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:45 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
(NOTE: Do NOT assume I am a Republican. I'm far FAR from it, in fact. Call me an adult realist)

Prez Obama and his cronies are crowing about his political victory this morning, and the usual pro-Dem biased reporting against the hold-off Republicans is out there on CNN, etc. Thanks Wolf B!

Q: do you Democrat liberals feel vindicated his morning? Are our problems all over now, given the total lack of any rational spending cuts accompanying this last-minute super-save? You know: the cuts that those damnable Conservatives had asked for?

In your minds, will the Republic survive this year ? A true repeal of the recession that Evil™ Bush apparently completely caused (don't even think the idea that Clinton had anything to do with it...) , and is still fully responsible for?

Will we all be A-OK when the government can NOT borrow any more funds to pay the Entitlement Set bills this spring? Or all those tax breaks and donations to Hollywood, refunds to the Jamacian Rum Industry, pay-offs to Nascar, moneys to the very profitable railroads (BNSF's profits were staggering last year!) and so on? And the intended continuation of all social spending?

Or, alternately, might you suggest where this will actually lead us in the impending Fiscal Bend in the Road? [I officially claim this all-new moniker of impending disaster, btw... rifleman© 2013]

I'm just honestly curious,if you folks are thinking ahead from now, or if you feel fine and comfy now.

that fiscal bend in the road is just that,!! a bend in a highway thats leading to a super nova vortex, that not even a politicians lies will escape..

Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And?

Believe it or not, the idea was not to punish the "extremely rich," and the fact that (as you say) those are chump change demonstrates that right wing whining about it was absurd.

The idea was to increase revenues. And the chump change of the extremely rich does that.
My understanding of it all after some discussions on the radio this afternoon is that the accrued additional taxation results from scalping the "rich" will allow Barama to run his gov'mint for less than 4 additional days.

Is this enough, he chidingly asks?

PS: I've always wondered how it seems to be fair to overtax (on a sliding percentage scale I mean) any particular cohort of our society? As in "the rich"? By percentage alone, are they not already paying the massive lion's share of tax income?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Hussein will be bent over a barrel and his arse reamed when the debt ceiling talks come in a couple months

And harry the worthless punk reid might want to pass a budget one of these decades
for people so adamantly against homosexuality, you cons sure do make a lot of references to Obama's butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies