Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is why the Republican party is in turmoil. You can't understand the position your own majority leader was placed in, and you call yourself a Republican. You don't even understand your party.

I'm a Libertarian and even I can empathize with him. I've never had patience for the likes of Reid or Pelosi, and now Christy (the great fat hope) has turned into a total buffoon.

Rand Paul 2016
The rules are rigged against third parties. If you want to win you'll have to take over the Republican party from the inside. I would think that a small government fiscal conservative Libertarian would be utterly ashamed of the job John Boehner's done, along with his big government big spending viewpoint on government.

BTW, I used to be one (technically still am one, I still contribute) but the Party is not going anywhere the way it's being run currently, and the best bet is to just increase Libertarian influence in the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Boehner go. Anywhere. So long as he goes.
As a fiscal conservative, I completely agree. Boehner definitely needs to go. He is a Democrat wet-dream, always capitulating to their demands. Also, like the Democrats in the House before him, there has been no federal budget since Boehner became Speaker. If Boehner cannot do his job and uphold his constitutional obligation to enact a budget, he certainly does not deserve the job.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It would be time for the House to put the Boner back in their pants, but I am enjoying watching him act like an idiot who can't control his own party or the House.
"but I am enjoying watching him act like an idiot who can't control his own party or the House"

Not near as much as many of us do reading the very intellectual responses from the grade school class.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 AM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Drama? In Congress? Say it ain't so!

As for Boehner, he deserves to be ousted based on his performance -- or lack thereof -- over the past two years.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Drama? In Congress? Say it ain't so!

As for Boehner, he deserves to be ousted based on his performance -- or lack thereof -- over the past two years.
They could vote in Pelosi .... only need 17 Repubs...Now that, would be high drama..

Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They could vote in Pelosi .... only need 17 Repubs...Now that, would be high drama..
Well, that would be high, anyway.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
That's the rumor being floated around on MSNBC, I guess we'll know at 5 p.m. est if it's true.
It is exactly 2 PM and he has just taken the gavel, again. sorry libs!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is exactly 2 PM and he has just taken the gavel, again. sorry libs!
Why would the Liberals be sorry? He's the best Speaker they've ever had! Without him they never would have sucker....uhhh, passed the Fiscal Avoidance of the Cliff Unlimited bill, also known as FAC-U.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,568,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Why would the Liberals be sorry? He's the best Speaker they've ever had! Without him they never would have sucker....uhhh, passed the Fiscal Avoidance of the Cliff Unlimited bill, also known as FAC-U.
Are you kidding me the house and 2 plans for the fiscal cliff and this weazel could not even get enough votes out of the House to send it to the senate. When the senate had a bill it was sent to the House Boehner would not even bring it to the house floor for a vote what a A Hole. Boehner is the single person doing the most damage to this country he will not bring jack to the house floor for a vote that is why Obama has never gotten his jobs bill passed

Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Are you kidding me the house and 2 plans for the fiscal cliff and this weazel could not even get enough votes out of the House to send it to the senate. When the senate had a bill it was sent to the House Boehner would not even bring it to the house floor for a vote what a A Hole. Boehner is the single person doing the most damage to this country he will not bring jack to the house floor for a vote that is why Obama has never gotten his jobs bill passed
The Senate cannot originate a bill dealing with appropriations. That is unconstitutional. Only the House can originate appropriation bills. See Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 of the US Constitution and get a clue, because it would appear that neither Sen. Reid or you have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies