U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
 
924 posts, read 1,463,138 times
Reputation: 611

Advertisements

That's the rumor being floated around on MSNBC, I guess we'll know at 5 p.m. est if it's true.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,232 posts, read 16,203,673 times
Reputation: 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
That's the rumor being floated around on MSNBC, I guess we'll know at 5 p.m. est if it's true.
I doubt that came from a person with MSNBC. Most likely from a disgruntled RWNJ guest. MSNBC will bring some of those idiots on, for amusement effect.

Last edited by florida.bob; 01-02-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,038 posts, read 31,495,634 times
Reputation: 7851
It would be time for the House to put the Boner back in their pants, but I am enjoying watching him act like an idiot who can't control his own party or the House.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:42 PM
 
42,407 posts, read 26,408,747 times
Reputation: 14066
from MSNBC:

Boehner likely to be reelected speaker, but there could be drama - First Read
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Houston
25,459 posts, read 13,283,192 times
Reputation: 10680
Boehner has the toughest position in politics. I don't think anyone else in the Speaker position would do any better and some could do worse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,372 posts, read 8,662,416 times
Reputation: 6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I doubt that came from a person with MSNBC. Most likely from a disgruntled RWNJ guest. MSNBC will bring some of those idiots on, for amusement effect.
Other than that, MSNBC is always spot on with no political bias whatsoever.

Jeez, you never fail to amaze Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Boehner has the toughest position in politics. I don't think anyone else in the Speaker position would do any better and some could do worse.
Agreed! He's a moderate who is stuck between RW progressives, and TP fiscal hawks. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Now batlens, like Reid and Pelosi, will reap undeserved credit for the battle that Boehner fought (and won) on both fronts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
1,618 posts, read 2,151,380 times
Reputation: 1096
I wouldn't mind seeing Boehner go. Anywhere. So long as he goes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,232 posts, read 16,203,673 times
Reputation: 4584
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Other than that, MSNBC is always spot on with no political bias whatsoever.

Jeez, you never fail to amaze Bob.



Agreed! He's a moderate who is stuck between RW progressives, and TP fiscal hawks. Talk about a rock and a hard place.
I could see Ed Shultz saying that, he is quite a LWNJ, Maddow ... ummm probably not she is too intelligent. Naw, most likely a guest. The OP didn't say if Boehner supposedly was asked or if he asked to be removed from consideration. Neither makes much sense to me. But hey, Repubs will say anything, just like a lot of Dems.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,372 posts, read 8,662,416 times
Reputation: 6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Boehner go. Anywhere. So long as he goes.
I'd bet you'd say that about every Republican, eh?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,372 posts, read 8,662,416 times
Reputation: 6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I could see Ed Shultz saying that, he is quite a LWNJ, Maddow ... ummm probably not she is too intelligent. Naw, most likely a guest. The OP didn't say if Boehner supposedly was asked or if he asked to be removed from consideration. Neither makes much sense to me. But hey, Repubs will say anything, just like a lot of Dems.
Only Schultz? cough....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top