Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,551,379 times

Advertisements

I love how thay have these right to work laws, when in reality you have less rights under these laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,478,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
I would assume you are part of a union...

If not, you are not thinking clearly. Unions get pay with taxes collected from you. And when unions get bailed out by the government? Well, they are taking a few highly productive jobs from the private sector to 'save' a low productive union job. It's dumb, it's stupid, it's theft.
Wow!

So what if, say, Company A payed back Gov't loan backed by taxpayers. And the Gov't actually made money on said loan on behalf of the taxpayer?

It has been documented over and over that union-held workforces out-man their non-union bretheren in sheer terms of productivity.

I would suspect you're a retrograde TeaPartier?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 AM

657 posts, read 695,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Wow!

So what if, say, Company A payed back Gov't loan backed by taxpayers. And the Gov't actually made money on said loan on behalf of the taxpayer?

It has been documented over and over that union-held workforces out-man their non-union bretheren in sheer terms of productivity.

I would suspect you're a retrograde TeaPartier?
You don't get it - do you?

Is the government for all or only for unions? The answer to the above question should be in your response.

I'm not a tea partier, but what's the issue if i was?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,478,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
You don't get it - do you?

Is the government for all or only for unions? The answer to the above question should be in your response.

I'm not a tea partier, but what's the issue if i was?
(Engineering / Mechanical Engineering) a device that controls the speed of an engine, esp by regulating the supply of fuel, etc., either to limit the maximum speed or to maintain a constant speed

You do understand of the ramifications of the potential fallout if said "union jobs" in question were to collapse like a fart in the wind, ideology notwithstanding? (taxpayers would still be on the hook either way cause we're, supposedly, a civil society)

You understand the basic premise of a governor in a transmission? I think not....

Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
(Engineering / Mechanical Engineering) a device that controls the speed of an engine, esp by regulating the supply of fuel, etc., either to limit the maximum speed or to maintain a constant speed

You do understand of the ramifications of the potential fallout if said "union jobs" in question were to collapse like a fart in the wind, ideology notwithstanding? (taxpayers would still be on the hook either way cause we're, supposedly, a civil society)

You understand the basic premise of a governor in a transmission? I think not....
I thought you'd cop out.. expect no less from union thugs. The government is for all. The government is being irresponsible for risking tax payer money to bail out thugs. It's unethical and again, it's theft. And heck no, they didnt make any money, that's bs. Just like the spending cuts were future cuts.

No tax payers signed a contract with you. Civil society? How civil when unions get to rape the tax payers - is that civi?

I dont give a damn about governors and transmission, i do know unions deserve to be treated like the thugs they are.

We should reverse the issue to see how much you freaking uniond like civility, you pay taxes to keep tax payers happy. How about that for civil?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
President Obama did nothing, They did this to themselves.

This is very correct.

Political parties exist for their own benefit.

With a dumbed-down self-serving voting majority, having more money to spend campaigning is beneficial, but it is not nearly as beneficial as being able bribe these same low-information, low-ethics voters with money stolen from future generations.

Since the voters are only slightly more attached to common decency than the parties, adding six trillion in new debt in just four years was met with a yawn and those responsible returned on the condition they would do more of the same.

There will be little to talk about until the free money runs out.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Do you really think they are busted up? Wait till the spending cuts are negotiated in the next two months. Oh - the debt ceiling fight is coming up.
Really? What is their leverage: we're gonna shut down the government if we don't get what we want? We're gonna default on the US debt, destroy the country's economy along with that of the rest of the world? Those are some pretty good cards, huh? LOL. I don't give Obama any credit for this but the Reps got themselves into a real pickle when they refused to follow through on the "Grand Bargain" they negotiated with Obama a couple years ago.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This is very correct.

Political parties exist for their own benefit.

With a dumbed-down self-serving voting majority, having more money to spend campaigning is beneficial, but it is not nearly as beneficial as being able bribe these same low-information, low-ethics voters with money stolen from future generations.

Since the voters are only slightly more attached to common decency than the parties, adding six trillion in new debt in just four years was met with a yawn and those responsible returned on the condition they would do more of the same.

There will be little to talk about until the free money runs out.
Double echo this.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM

319 posts, read 611,897 times
Default Bgf

Quote:
Your apathy is borderline coma-inducing.
Please get a dictionary, your low IQ is coma inducing.

I am "Empathetic" to your lack of intelligence and I spent the time to bring some light to the dim cave between your ears.

Please continue to pound your drum and regurgitate rhetoric published by your overlords.

Facts are, increasing taxes and increasing spending are a direct assalt on "Us", you and me.

Regardless of your blind allegiance, your standard of living is affected by bad policies in place by your party and your leader.

Republicans are not the answer either.

Conservatism is the answer. Upholding the Constitution and diminishing the power held by the federal government is the answer.

Not spending more money than you bring in is the answer.

Not engaging in foreign affairs that do not have affects on US safety is the answer. Shorter Answer, Stop Meddling. Democracy is a choice for the people, outside governments can't choose for them.

As for unions, the only union, I agree with are the Steam Fitters "Plumbers Union" and the Electrical Unions.
Why? Because I believe tradesman should be self regulated and that having a 3 year journeyman period is helpful in development and training and above all public safety.

But the second you card carrying *******s start being thugs and deny help from other states or start striking on public works jobs, you loose me.

All other unions can bite me. I don't need a union to offload port goods, man assembly lines, or hire dishwashers.

My industry is state and federally regulated and we are required to be journeymen prior to licensing, again because of public safety. So, tread carefully before you attack me and my opinion of Unions.

I employee 78 guys, I treat each of them with respect and courtesy they "Earn". My employee turnover is less than 10%. I know the value of treating people correctly, I walk my talk.

Your turn...

Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Like i said...it's cyclical, such as democracy in the workplace. I have the GOP on a downward spiral for at least a generation.
I'm trying to jive your optimism with the fact that they took the house back since 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies