Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh yes, here we go. The left couldn't POSSIBLY care about people. No, no, no. No, we only care about "centralizing power". What a crock of ****.
What do you care about?
How do you justify not only leaving children unprotected but advertising the fact?

I notice those of affluence including our President and many in the Media have their children at heavily armed private schools but for those of us who cannot afford these luxuries we are denied the same opportunity to protect our children in public schools.

So again, who or what is it you care about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:34 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
What do you care about?
How do you justify not only leaving children unprotected but advertising the fact?

I notice those of affluence including our President and many in the Media have their children at heavily armed private schools but for those of us who cannot afford these luxuries we are denied the same opportunity to protect our children in public schools.

So again, who or what is it you care about?
I care about innocent people being killed by guns in the hands of those who should never have had them in the first place. I care about the collateral damage being done to the American psyche every time a nutcase with a gun performs one of his evil deeds. I care about the fact that many of the guns owned by Americans were never meant to be in the hands of civilians.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'm not running for office.

I care an awful lot about the 26 families who lost a loved one in Newtown about 20 miles from my house... The right seems to care about their 'right' to own an uzi...
No you do not. You do not care one bit for any of those families, because it is your fault their children are dead. Had you anti-American gun-grabbers not created Massacre Magnets (a.k.a. Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995) the Newtown, Columbine, and VA Tech massacres would never have happened. So do not feed us this swill about how much you "care" because we know it is a lie.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I care about innocent people being killed by guns in the hands of those who should never have had them in the first place. I care about the collateral damage being done to the American psyche every time a nutcase with a gun performs one of his evil deeds. I care about the fact that many of the guns owned by Americans were never meant to be in the hands of civilians.
Yet another lie. You obviously do not care or you would not set up children to be slaughtered. The blood of the victims at Columbine, VA Tech, and Newtown is on your hands.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Wait.. All these years, I've heard nothing but how responsible these legal gun owners are. Now I hear that if they don't get their way, they won't comply with the law. I thought they were o-so-responsible!?!?!?

Nothing responsible about complying with unconstitutional laws.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
1. I think that banning large magazines that allow a shooter to fire off 10 or more rounds without changing cartridges can certainly provide an opportunity for intervention and limit the number of casualties in a mass shooting event.

2. Internationally, statistics seem to support that less guns does lead to a safer society. (The gun ownership and gun homicides murder map of the world | News | guardian.co.uk)

3. The bill, as I understand it, does not grant or rescind rights.

1. This guy had at least one hand gun, so what's to stop him from using the hand gun until he can change the clip?

2. The UK murder rate increased after the 1997 gun confiscation program.

3. So what does it do?

How about we arm the victims instead of disarming the only people involved who will obey the new law?

Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Why.. I didn't read any article. I went with a raw, numerical statistical analysis which suggests correlation. You want me to read an article from a Conservative blog with a political agenda....

Instead of reading an article full of someone else's opinion why don't you look at the raw numbers and think for yourself. You might find yourself less speechless.

None so blind...

"Put all that together, and the murder rate in the US for non-blacks was more like 2.6 per 100,000 in 2011."

Read more: Articles: Murder by Numbers
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Yet another lie. You obviously do not care or you would not set up children to be slaughtered. The blood of the victims at Columbine, VA Tech, and Newtown is on your hands.
Oh how I wish I could use the two words that I cannot say here.

Suffice it to say, until and unless you drop this nonsense YOU are creating a culture of enemies in this country instead of working towards a solution!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies