Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

I tried to go to the newspaper in question but you have to pay to view. Excerpts here:

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Isn't this typical of the anti-gun crowd?

Advocate violence against them?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,573,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Isn't this typical of the anti-gun crowd?

No.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
I looked at the link saw it was from a Fox news source and so did'nt read the article. I made that decision based on Fox's reputation for being less than honest, or if you like, downright dishonest to it's viewers.

I remember a Fox journalist, Ms Jane Akre who discovered that cows owned by the aggro giant Monsanto were being injected with the drug RBGH, a drug gesigned to make cows produce more milk - and, according to FDA studies, unintentionally designed to make human beings produce cancer.

Fox under pressure from Monsanto ordered Ms Akre to change her story, she refused saying that the story was obviously in the public interest because people were in danger of drinking toxic milk. Fox changed the story anyway to suit Monsanto.

In february 2003 Fox lawyers argued in court (regarding re-writting Ms Akres story to suit Monsanto) that it was their first amendment right to report false information to their viewers, they won their case and have been fervently misleading and lying to their viewers ever since.

So when you see the OP using Fox news as a source, think twice before reading it, odds are you are being lied to.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
I don't trust Fox, MSNBC or CNN. American news sources have been compromised and each push their own particular agendas. As sad as it is, I now resort to various news sources outside of my own country to just get an inkling of what is really going on. The good part of this is that I am constantly honing my critical thinking skills.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Found another source that linked directly to the article.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...nclick_check=1

Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
It's funny how Fox News is the only news source that reported on this idiots tirade.

Where is the rest of the media? NOT reporting on something is a greater injustice to the American people than actually reporting it.

The left have a "gun owners and the NRA are crazy" agenda and simply will not report on anything that makes a leftie anti-gun group shine in a bad light.

That's why Fox News is consistently number one in all of cable news.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's funny how Fox News is the only news source that reported on this idiots tirade.

Where is the rest of the media? NOT reporting on something is a greater injustice to the American people than actually reporting it.

The left have a "gun owners and the NRA are crazy" agenda and simply will not report on anything that makes a leftie anti-gun group shine in a bad light.

That's why Fox News is consistently number one in all of cable news.
Didn't you read the moronic posts in this thread? Fox (Faux to the low IQ peeps) made it all up.

Of course the story is true. No surprise. Nobody exhibits and encourages hate and violence like a lib.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Found another source that linked directly to the article.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...nclick_check=1
The commentary was on the 29th of December....the link shows the headline for a few seconds, but then automatically goes to today's issue, which is normal with e-news papers.

The dummycrat lefties will use this to say that the story isn't valid.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
From Googles Cache:

Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns | The Des Moines Register | desmoinesregister.com

Quote:
Here, then, is my “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore” program for ending gun violence in America:
• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.
• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me.
• Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I’ll bet gun sales will rise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies