Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Not an attack at all.

You really do reek if victim. Figure you need the help.

It's your life.

But nice try again...
Yes, it is an attack. You know it, I know it. At least own it. Try to stick to the topic.

Hint: The topic isn't me.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You obviously (VERY OBVIOUSLY) do not understand the difference between blaming a victim and victim mentality. Wow.
She could have prevented her rape. She didn't.

She wasn't surprised checking her mail. She wasn't raped by a family member or an authority figure. She's not in a third world getting gang raped on a bus.

She went to a party, most likely against her parents wishes, she drank which was a crime, she trusted jocks and drank something given to her which is stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does...

I was taught a very enlightening lesson in the Army.

I left my foot locker unlocked one day. A fellow soldier stole some money.

Not my fault right? WRONG...

He was faulted for stealing and I was faulted for creating the situation where my fellow soldier could steal.

Took me awhile to get it but they were correct.

My actions led to the problem. My responsibility as well.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, it is an attack. You know it, I know it. At least own it. Try to stick to the topic.

Hint: The topic isn't me.
It was an attack. And the boys, all of them who raped her deserve to be punished. What I'm saying, is that the best way to avoid these attacks in the future is to be CAUTIOUS and not drink alone with men. Bring another man, or even a girlfriend.

By bringing light her irresponsible behavior, I'm not trying to blame her. She has suffered enough. I'm hoping other women would learn from this and be more cautious. Deal?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
For the last time I"M NOT TALKING ABOUT OHIO GIRL. SHE WAS UNCONSCIOUS. SHE WASN'T BLACKEDOUT. SHE WAS VERY CLEARLY RAPED. MY REFERENCE TO BLACKEDOUT WAS A PERSONAL STORY OF MINE. NOT THE GIRL IN THIS CASE.
OK, let me put it this way. If you get incredibly drunk and murder someone, but you do not remember it, and there is evidence to implicate you and the police charge you with murder, you will not be excused in any way because you were drunk.

Similarly, if you get incredibly drunk, and you are sexually assaulted (or otherwise assaulted), and you do not remember it, but you have reason to believe you were assaulted, you can report that assault to the police, and if there is evidence to support your claim, the perpetrator can be charged and found guilty of the assault. The fact that you were drunk and do not remember the assault will no doubt make it more difficult to prosecute, but it doesn't necessarily absolve the offender of a crime.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
OK, let me put it this way. If you get incredibly drunk and murder someone, but you do not remember it, and there is evidence to implicate you and the police charge you with murder, you will not be excused in any way because you were drunk.
And likewise if you have consensual sex and don't remember the next day because of the amount of alcohol you consumed. It would still be considered consensual and not rape.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
And likewise if you have consensual sex and don't remember the next day because of the amount of alcohol you consumed. It would still be considered consensual and not rape.
Unless you remember that it was consensual and she doesn't. Then its rape...

Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Unless you remember that it was consensual and she doesn't. Then its rape...
No rape isn't defined by who remembers and who doesn't. Rape is defined as having sex with someone against their will. Either because they weren't conscious to accept or refuse or because you overrode their decision by force.

I know that the laws as written can be ambiguous and in some cases men can be wrongfully slapped with rape. But we have to be clear what rape actually is.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here is what I don't understand. How is it that these HS kids attended the parties of two "assistant coaches" ( or at least volunteer coaches) where they consumed alcohol and drugs? That's on the record. How is it people have not been charged? And how is it that this Head coach has not already been suspended for that fact alone? In Texas, heads would have rolled on the first day of something like this being known.
Sounds like the opening of a huge civil lawsuit. What idiot adult would throw a party for underage students and serve alcohol, I swear some people ar just begging to be sued.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Sounds like the opening of a huge civil lawsuit. What idiot adult would throw a party for underage students and serve alcohol, I swear some people ar just begging to be sued.
It seems the entire small town is corrupt. The principal or some official at the school (don't remember what his position from reading the anonymous article) had nudie pics in his email of students. I checked the wiki article on the town just to see if the case made it inside, to my surprise wiki already had a segment on corruption dating to previous events on this small town. Time to chop some heads and wash away the filth. The whole football program seemed to be a racket for a couple bars to sell drugs and make profits from illegal gambling.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Then we have a different definition of the term. Around my home, it's pretty much used to describe someone that has "passed out". So i can see the difference.

Still doesn't change the fact that she would never have had the opportunity to say "stop" at any point in time that a person has the right to say. And looking at the pictures, hearing the other students' comments, she was more "passed out" than "blacked out."
I think the confusion is that he was talking about a DIFFERENT girl being blacked out; not the Ohio girl.

I personally don't know very much about the evidence in this case. It certainly should not look good for the boys, but the prosecutor has to have evidence, and I thought I read that they were having trouble getting witnesses to come forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies