Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Through a trust or just individual ownership?
I always go with a trust. Little more expensive, but less BS and I still retain more privacy compared to going the individual route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
I always go with a trust. Little more expensive, but less BS and I still retain more privacy compared to going the individual route.
I went the same route but I think that's gong to end soon. I can't justify the price to keep it, I'd rather hoard more ammo instead to **** off liberals.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
I went the same route but I think that's gong to end soon. I can't justify the price to keep it, I'd rather hoard more ammo instead to **** off liberals.
Why not just say youre hoarding ammo and save yourself even more money?? Spending money to anger people seems like a waste of money

Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I'm glad it has a lengthy process to own these weapons, although I still don't want them in the hands of citizens.
Lengthy, and very expensive, which prohibits the great, great majority of people from ever owning one. I see no problems there at all, I don't understand why you do.

Quote:
You can own a gatling gun, and I can smoke at home in my own privacy. Compromise.

And yeah, I think I'll go back to Call of Duty when I actually feel good again.
Nope. I am actually for legalizing weed. Don't infringe my gun rights, though. I don't care if you smoke in public or not. Compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A long time ago in a place far, far away the government paid me to use fully automatic weapons. As some say happiness is a belt fed weapon.
Yes. Yes, it is.

I've gotten to shoot machine guns and things with suppressors on the end. Maybe I'll find the Youtube video of me doing it somewhere else. It was rather fun, and completely legal. Couple of buddies with way more cash than I've got let me and a few others play with 'em.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Who among all you experts have ever used an fully automatic weapon?
I loved firing the .30 cal air cooled military weapon and found that it was not so hard to hit things with. Of course, we had to fire 6 rounds at a time with a break in order to keep it from heating up. I doubt the gun was fired that carefully in combat, though. I always wanted to fire a BAR but never got to do that.

I don't know if that thing was automatic enough for you.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Huh? Full Auto's are legal in a majority of states, but the feds make it prohibitively expensive to own one, not too mention the ridiculous amount of hurdles you have to jump through to purchase one.
What you describe is just what the grabbers will get to for all firearms before they go to confiscation.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post

Shooting the Biggest Guns Money Can Buy | The Big Sandy Shoot - YouTube

I'm a strong opponent of automatic weapons or military grade weapons in the hands of citizens, but I still think their pretty cool. Watch this video (specifically opponents of automatic weapons) and tell me what you think. Well why you all watch the video and formulate a opinion, I guess I'll go play Black Ops II.
Yeah, too bad the average citizen is barred from owning an "automatic weapon" without obtaining a Class III Fedral Firearms License........... So whats your point?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
That's interesting because they're banned in this country and there are so few of them in the hands of civilians that they're not even worth worrying about. To my knowledge an automatic or military weapon has never been used in a murdering spree in the United States.
Automatic weapons were used on the streets of America back in the 20's and 30's to kill Americans...Al Capone's gang used them and they were legal at the time.. The Tommy Gun, the same gun that was used by the U.S. Military...

Old 01-03-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Why not just say youre hoarding ammo and save yourself even more money?? Spending money to anger people seems like a waste of money
Because ammo is one of a very few things that I trust as an investment, there's zero chance of it losing value and when all else fails it can be used to buy just about anything you want or need.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Automatic weapons were used on the streets of America back in the 20's and 30's to kill Americans...Al Capone's gang used them and they were legal at the time.. The Tommy Gun, the same gun that was used by the U.S. Military...
But they've never been used in what we consider a "modern" mass shooting/suicide. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of anyone who has gone into a school, shopping mall or any other public place and shot the place up with a full auto firearm. I may be wrong but I can't find any proof of it happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies