Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

There was no "compromise", not with 3 minutes to read a bill they never took part in writing.

Lobbyists behind closed doors wrote that up and it got shoved on them just like all the other bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
It's called the "Active Financing Exception" and the White House endorsed (some have said "insisted on") its inclusion into the fiscal cliff deal.
And ... the GOP proposed the "exception" in both the Senate and the House legislation. I think the maker of the above comment is unfamiliar with how the U.S. Government works and which branches of government approve laws.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
And ... the GOP proposed the "exception" in both the Senate and the House legislation. I think the maker of the above comment is unfamiliar with how the U.S. Government works and which branches of government approve laws.
I think your comment is baseless and pretty useless to be honest. This has nothing to do with how government works. It has everything to do with what government is doing that WE THE PEOPLE continue to allow unchecked and unabated, including those who refuse to hold accountable the guy they voted for. That would be you. Tell me the last time you denounced this President. Thanks!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think your comment is baseless and pretty useless to be honest. This has nothing to do with how government works. It has everything to do with what government is doing that WE THE PEOPLE continue to allow unchecked and unabated, including those who refuse to hold accountable the guy they voted for. That would be you. Tell me the last time you denounced this President. Thanks!
Your original comment indicates, to me, a total lack of understanding of the government process in the United States. Either get your facts right, or don't continue to embarass yourself. That's my advice.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Your original comment indicates, to me, a total lack of understanding of the government process in the United States. Either get your facts right, or don't continue to embarass yourself. That's my advice.
LOL....yeah...a total lack of knowing how government works. That's what's going on here!

Keep deflecting. It just makes a mockery of your ideology.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
What you fail to understand is that MAX BAUCUS is responsible for the wording of the legislation enabling the "exception." Perhaps you can educate yourself by Googling "The Family and Business Tax Cut Certainty Act of 2012." Barack Obama is said to have insisted on it's inclusion, or at a minimum did not demand that it not be included in any fiscal cliff deal.

Guess which party these two creeps represent?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
What you fail to understand is that MAX BAUCUS is responsible for the wording of the legislation enabling the "exception." Perhaps you can educate yourself by Googling "The Family and Business Tax Cut Certainty Act of 2012." Barack Obama is said to have insisted on it's inclusion, or at a minimum did not demand that it not be included in any fiscal cliff deal.

Guess which party these two creeps represent?
It's not worth the fight. As long as there is a single elected Republican in DC any bill with items favoring big business will be blamed on the Republican party forcing the Democrats to do their bidding.
The Democrats just simply do not cater to big business and that's that.

For a change..Reid was FORCED by the Republicans to accept that in the bill.
Reid can't be forced for anything else but he was for this as well as the other outspoken Democrats.
None objected because they were all forced to accept it.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
For all those Obama lovers out there -

Yea, he's owned by Big business, multi-nationals and foreign interests.
It is called corporatism.

All this class warfare bull**** - and it is bull**** where he exploits your petty hate and envy to bring down small business in America does nothing to the true elite. It just erodes the prosperity of your country.

You are getting exactly what you deserve.
It is just a pity your ignorance drags us all down with you.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you're around 23 years old or so. You have not the faintest clue about HISTORY....about how this country was built. I'll give you a hint: It has ZERO to do with IT. It has EVERYTHING to do with manufacturing. I could give a rats ass about "free market principles" and protecting globalism just because it exists. It's time to invest in AMERICA if we ever intend to get this country back on track. Does that mean abandoning the idea of a globalist society? No. It means taking care of our own before we bend over backwards for certain countries and certain corporations.
Invest in america? That involves spending money or losing revenue through tax breaks. America spent a lot of money becoming great and I truly doubt you really have a clue what you asking for based on your notions of the free market and fiscal conservatism.

Lastly you truly underestimate what globalization has done to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies