Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Impeach House Speaker Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
Yes 106 62.35%
No 59 34.71%
Not Sure 1 0.59%
I have to learn more about House Speaker Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi 4 2.35%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:50 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I do not dislike Liberals. It's the Lefties I do not like. The ones who always blame America first.
So, it's OK if we blame somebody else first even if there's no proof or reason to? If we blame this other entity first and then check our facts only to find out America was to blame all along, is that OK by you? By "blame" do you mean criticism? If anyone criticizes the US, is that 'blaming the US'? Can America--God forbid--ever own up to its mistakes? Does it even make mistakes, or are mistakes only 'mistakes' when you disagree with the issue?

It's nice to stand behind something. It's nice to support something you believe in. We all want to do that, indeed most of us do just that. But it's irrational to continue support when evidence proves mistakes were made, people were hurt, maybe even high crimes and misdemeanors were committed--and it doesn't matter which party or ideology is at fault. A crime is a crime. When you continuously point the finger of blame on one side, you won't notice how far the ship of state has tilted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 09:53 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Nancy Pelosi should be impeached for taking impeachment off the table and not doing a damn thing her party was elected to do. But, did we really expect change after 11/06? The people never win elections in this country. It's abundantly clear these two parties are the same corrupt animal.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Nancy Pelosi should be impeached for taking impeachment off the table and not doing a damn thing her party was elected to do. But, did we really expect change after 11/06? The people never win elections in this country. It's abundantly clear these two parties are the same corrupt animal.
What animal is Hillary, do you think?

Dare we use the B* word?

* -- Brontosaurus

Old 10-18-2007, 09:59 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Or, B* for BULL....

Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
The ones who always blame America first.
Uh yes like the awful parents who "blame their children first" when the child does wrong and the parents expect better of them.

We get it. You don't want a better America. Fine, but most of us expect better than what the current administration has done to us.

By the way, W cherry picked intelligence to sell the war and
that's as un-American as it gets. I know it's not a BJ, but it did to 300 million Americans people what Monica did to one.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
This thread is way off topic. Bring it back or it will be closed.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Quote:
It Is Time To Impeach House Speaker - Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi Using The 14th Amendment Of The United States Constitution.
** IMPEACHMENT: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Should Be Removed Using The 14th Amendment.
Definately.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:50 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times
Quote:
I do not dislike Liberals. It's the Lefties I do not like. The ones who always blame America first.
Well Sir, I (sadly) think that you very well might fit into the "blame America first" crowd. Blaming liberals IS blaming America because like it or not we are part of this country too.

Like it or not, Madam Speaker is a prominent leader in our country and you want to impeach her simply because her disagreeing with the President makes some idiot in a cave somewhere happy for five seconds?

Please quit playing the "comfort and aid to the enemies" bit (or at least leave it for the professionals like Rush and Sean). You could play that stupid game on just about anyone. Bush is indirectly (and in some ways directly) responsible for the Abu-Grab torture mess (read the Yoo memos) which has been an excellent tool for terrorist recruiting. Does that mean we should bring up anyone remotely connected to it up on charges? Even the guys who DID THE TORTURING at Abu Grab were not charged with "comfort and aid to the enemy" so I think we should pretty much drop it.

Heck, by the standard that righties throw around the "comfort and aid" charge, anyone who ever gave a homeless person a nickle would be charged with "assisted public urination".

Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 AM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,506 times
I say we impeach stupid partisan polls that end up with 4 pages of nothing. Maybe I should try a poll since it must be sooooo much fun.

Poll :

What's better? Up or Down???

Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 AM

520 posts, read 1,853,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
I say we impeach stupid partisan polls that end up with 4 pages of nothing. Maybe I should try a poll since it must be sooooo much fun.

Poll :

What's better? Up or Down???
Up is clearly best. Aside from the positive connotations of the word it is the direction of heaven! And down is the direction of hell. All you wacko downers are a disgrace to the country and should move to Canada if you can't accept the fact the Up is the one true direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies