Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle_Driver View Post
I guess you don't fish and need to tow a boat. You don't hunt...you don't need 4x4 because you live out in the sticks. You can't drive your Honda out on the field you know. Ever haul a engine block on a old tire? It rides like a dream. How about car parts and lumber?

That's funny...guys like you don't mind calling one of us everytime you have some crap to haul. You don't even offer to pay for the fuel. You want it free, then you get p*ssed when we have other plans.

Oh yes...I know your kinds all too well.

Imma keep driving when I see you spun out in a snow ditch too.

That 7.3L Powerstroke, 4x4 and tow strap won't help you.

Call a wrecker for $100 bucks after you wait an hour for him to show up.
Since when does one need a pickup to go fishing or hunting? Didn't know that was a requirement. And BTW, most people that go fishing don't own boats, just so you know.

It's amazing how people invent reasons to buy certain things.

The overwhelming majority of Americans get by just fine without a truck. Believe it or not, most of us don't end up in snow ditches. And most of us end up owning the same house full of crap without buying a pickup truck to haul it there.

In other words, this country hummed along just fine before every Tom, D*ck, and Mary decided that they needed an F-950 dually to pick up the groceries and haul their kids to soccer games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Since when does one need a pickup to go fishing or hunting? Didn't know that was a requirement. And BTW, most people that go fishing don't own boats, just so you know.

The overwhelming majority of Americans get by just fine without a truck. Believe it or not, most of us don't end up in snow ditches. And most of us end up owning the same house full of crap without buying a pickup truck to haul it there.

In other words, this country hummed along just fine before every Tom, D*ck, and Mary decided that they needed an F-950 dually to pick up the groceries and haul their kids to soccer games.
Well....the F-Series is still the best selling vehicle in the country and has been for almost half a century. The pickup in general is also the best selling vehicle in the world so that should tell you something, also.

You don't need a truck to fish or hunt but it's hard to stuff a dead elk in the trunk of a Prius. They don't handle very well off the road, either.

Lots of people fish without a truck and if you're not towing a boat it makes perfect sense unless your gear doesn't fit.

I suppose I could have towed the camper with the Audi but I think it voided the warranty.

I've had a truck for years as a utility vehicle. It isn't my choice for a daily driver but when you need one they are sure handy. If you had to choose one vehicle and you lived an active life outside of a major city a truck makes good sense.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 PM

106 posts, read 69,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Well....the F-Series is still the best selling vehicle in the country and has been for almost half a century. The pickup in general is also the best selling vehicle in the world so that should tell you something, also.

You don't need a truck to fish or hunt but it's hard to stuff a dead elk in the trunk of a Prius. They don't handle very well off the road, either.

Lots of people fish without a truck and if you're not towing a boat it makes perfect sense unless your gear doesn't fit.

I suppose I could have towed the camper with the Audi but I think it voided the warranty.

I've had a truck for years as a utility vehicle. It isn't my choice for a daily driver but when you need one they are sure handy. If you had to choose one vehicle and you lived an active life outside of a major city a truck makes good sense.
The bass boat I own now is older than this truck. I bought it two trucks ago from a guy who just bought it before a nasty divorce and lost it. LOL Only had 5 hours on it and I got it for about half price.

Sure you can fish alright without a boat.

IN...the boat launch area/ramp/pier that gets in everyone elses way and makes us hot.

See the "no fishing/swimming" sign guys? Guess not.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
Agree or disagree?

Note: I am not putting this in the automotive forum because it's not about trucks themselves; rather, it's about the social constructs of real men driving trucks.
Real men are not defined by things.

[any social construct that does is one I want no part of]

Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
Agree or disagree?

Note: I am not putting this in the automotive forum because it's not about trucks themselves; rather, it's about the social constructs of real men driving trucks.

So do real women.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Real men do not define the level of their manhood by the size of vehicle they drive,
Poseurs,wannabe's,the insecure,on the other hand may well indeed believe they are more manly by using such props.
If you like driving a truck fine drive a truck but if you think its enhancing your manhood your little illusion will quickly become all too evident..

Old 01-04-2013, 03:25 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post

Try stuffing a moose in a "smart car".

Old 01-04-2013, 03:48 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,210,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsavior View Post
is "real men" like "real christians"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
"Real Christians" don't drive, it is Jesus who drives their cars.

Real men drive women crazy

But here is something that 'splains it all...

Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My '96 Tacoma gets 22 mpg. Hauls everything I need to haul. I don't know how people can go without a truck. What do you do when you get a piece of furniture?
http://www.icshq.com/Content/images/TMT_logo.jpg

Milwaukee Movers: TWO MEN AND A TRUCK, Home Moving & Business Moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

That's true. Men will find 10,000 reasons to convince the wife he needs a 4X4 and a camper to go hunt deer in, when in reality, the 4X4 is to pull the camper so the 3 or 4 guys can sit in the campground somewhere drinking beer and telling long stories. Cost of 4X4 about $30K, cost of a cheap camper about another $5K to $10K, and steaks are about $8.00 a pound, go figure.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Real men do not even consider starting a thread like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies