Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I see the Blacktologists, with their anecdotal evidence, are all over this thread. In real life, what you folks think of as "black culture" is really a combination of youth culture and the culture of those from lower socioeconomic levels. Too many Black people live in poverty, in crime infested areas, with a lack of opportunity. They cannot do better until they know better. But they alone are not "black culture". I am also black culture. The boy in the OP is black culture. If you want to improve the lives of black people, and their test scores, then you need to be willing to help the poor in this nation and give them opportunities to move above their current station in life. That means job opportunities, parenting classes, preschools, etc. When they know better, they'll do better.
How do you know that the opinions of white people about black people are based on anecdotal evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
So you are black?

If not, then perhaps thr irony of your response to my post is lost on you. When you are not black, but think YOU know what's best for black americans, you just come across as condescending. If my son was not one of the top students in his class, if his teacher came at me the way your post reads, I'd roll my eyes and have my son put in another class. The fact that the certified blacktologists in this forum can't see how racists they are ranges from amusing to offensive. You know better than us poor, dumb d*rkies what our real problems are and how to fix them too. "Just stop being poor and ignorant!"

Also, as a middle class bw with black, middle class friends, I can't think of one parent that I know who doesn't emphasize the importance of education in their home.
White people know more about black culture than you are willing to admit.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Of course I am black. I wouldn't make it my business to inject my opinion on such topics if I was not.
Why should non-blacks be banned from forming opinions about black culture?

Tens of millions of non-blacks are affected by black culture everyday.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
... and black kids are encouraged to do well instead of being taunted by their peers back in the hood for "acting white".
Hip hop gangster music is your answer. Rappers barely sell but yet their records are pushed heavily to young blacks every week it's a new hit real street dude who's telling his story.

Younger rid of gangster music you fix alot of problems.

They know its a food way to control the men, dumb them down and make them essentially criminals.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I can see that some of you are more black than me. The media doesn't focus on positive blacks only negative ones. Dumb down a group and basically make them worthless and cause panic among them its funny how the majority of us don't see that.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
The majority of blacks don't have non-black friends.
You know this how?

Quote:

Is that why they are so surprised when they encounter a white person who doesn't fit into their stereotypical beliefs about white people?

Should white people be offended by this surprise reaction from blacks?
Should anybody regard the last couple of questions as anything other than rubbish?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You know this how?

Should anybody regard the last couple of questions as anything other than rubbish?
The questions I posed that you quoted were taken directly from a previous post...I just switched the races in the question.

Now maybe you see why they are ridiculous.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,950 times
No not all black males are prison bound. For any black person reading this response I highly advocate a learning of self, it will not be taught in any of the schools regulated in this country. Black males are a commodity to the prison industrial complex, for those who you who think this is merely a term and not an entity, I will be the first to tell you it is comprised of schools, politicians, media, the judicial system, the pharmaceutical industry, government agencies and most importantly private prisons and corporations. They give blacks kids a test in third grade to determine if they will have a prison bed by the time they're in the early twenties. It is true that not all black kids are prison but a majority of them are but this is not due to genetics yet it has everything to do with society. From a very early age they are being tailored made for prison and the self-genocidal lifestyle that comes along with.

Do not think slavery was abolished, emancipation is not even a synonym for independence. The only thing Lincoln's proclamation did was transfer the private ownership of slaves to the public, thereby narrowing the white wealthy conglomerate while simultaneously keeping blacks in the position of servitude. Research the Tulsa race riot and see not only how they destroyed black Wall Street but did their best to keep it poor and disenfranchised. Understand that the original constitution is the law of this oppressive land and no subsequent amendments can alter that law. See in the original constitution when it declared us less than human and that we are slaves that not one amendment can change that, is the very same reason slavery became a prison sentence and blacks became a commodity of the state, then of private prison.

Also look up to the cointelpro files and read the actual text, read where they said we can't become a unified people under any circumstance and that everything must be done or us to remain this way, hence why we never hear about Huey p. newton or Marcus Garvey during African heritage month, and why every black leader that was truly for the betterment of black people were murdered, read the text when he said that the government must create the next black messiah aka Barack Obama, read where he said the very objective of that program is to make sure black people ever trust a person organization existing to benefit black people. Black kids are prison bound but not for the reasons you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Of course not ALL of ( insert any ethnicity) is blah blah blah. But there are trends and raw numbers for folks who are in our prison system. The majority are minorities and in particular Latinos and Blacks. A very negative trend and not sure how it can be reversed.
The so called trend you speak of is due to long prison sentences not mass crime. And for it to be reversed how about you tell the genocidal politicians to change the sentencing and laws period. They won't do it because its money out of their pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
He looks to be the same ethnicity as tiger woods...probably had a father like tiger woods, pushing him to do better.

And he had a father. Many young black/mixed men do not.
Well I wonder why whether its mass incarceration termed with ridiculously long prison sentences or troubling child support due to aforementioned. When white men were sentenced to 5 yrs for a gram of powder cocaine where black were sentenced to 25 for a gram of crack cocaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You can lead a black child to school but you can't make him/her learn.
Yea, especially when all we learn about are white people who participated in genocide and the kidnapping of a people for 12 years, learning about the same rehashed black history, not going in depth into our people's true character for 12 years. Yea your school system sucks and is insult to true education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
While the statistics here clearly shows the black/white crime ratio, one must ponder.... are there high-crime rates in smaller, more rural areas? Of course not. Why? Because 'country kids' usually have both parents at home, they may drink a few beers and smoke a little dope, and they listen to a style of music that promotes a culture of God, Country, and Family.

And, what of inner-city youth? What is their environment about? Fatherless children. Crack. Gangs. Hardcore rap music. It's all about attitude yo, and show me some respect or I'll plug a dime in ya style of living. It is a very tribal style of life.

Of course, there are some low-life white folk. And, equally there are some high-life black folk.

We here in Texas are very proud of a college-graduated football quarterback who was recently drafted by the NFL and took his team from 3-6 to 10-6 and are in the play-offs. This young man handles the media equally as well as a nickle defense. He was raised by parents with strong God, Country, and Family values.

His name is Robert Griffin III.
Lol you know nothing about the hood, you don't anything about the struggle so you have no room to speak on it. Your description on the hood is humorous at best, stay in a black ghetto for a week at the very least and your entire opinion will change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
This is definitely correct. The funny part is, some black Americans do not realize that the easiest way to get back at the system, is to "get yours," by simply becoming an educated, productive member of society. When non black people see you living well -they take note, because it doesn't conform to what they've read in the newspaper or watched on the news.

A number of non black Americans are simply more comfortable w/ encountering blacks who closely align with the negative stereotypical behavior.

I get the double looks quite often when I wear my ivy league alum tee-shirt, while shopping at whole foods. Who knew!
Quote:
No, it IS rare.

How do I know?

Because ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR, MSNBC, the New York Times, Time Magazine, etc. etc. would be ALL OVER ANY signs of white on black racism 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

Trayvon Martin dominated the news for so long precisely because the left wing media complex had trouble digging up any more signs of evil whites doing horrible things to the poor, downtrodden blacks.

The reality is the fact that in 2013 the U.S. is no longer the nightmare of racism that it may have been in the 1913.

Racism will ALWAYS exist but in today's world it is a MINOR problem. Only victimhood addicts could disagree with this.
This is funny, especially "left wing media complex" term, very funny. But no your response is obviously narrow viewed so I'll throw a tad dosage of reality out there for you, similar to Trayvon Martin, just look up the extrajudicial killings of blacks in GA it may blow your mind, but you want you're content with the notion of racism being a minor problem to blacks so you won't give it the time of day. If you do however then I would like to remind that his is tad bit of reality I'm giving you. By the way it isn't published by any of those news outlets which are owned by 6 corporations so you may be satisfied o know that your warped view of reality is not entirely your own.

Quote:

Is that why they are so surprised when they encounter a white person who doesn't fit into their stereotypical beliefs about white people?

What are the stereotypical beliefs about white people?

Quote:
Ok what do you know about black culture, that isn't created, perpetuated and advocated by the American media, I'll wait.

Quote:
Why should non-blacks be banned from forming opinions about black culture?

Tens of millions of non-blacks are affected by black culture everyday.
Tell me how.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM

662 posts, read 1,049,008 times
Quote:

I'm black and until recently I didn't have a SINGLE black friend.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
He looks to be the same ethnicity as tiger woods...probably had a father like tiger woods, pushing him to do better.

And he had a father. Many young black/mixed men do not.
its not about having a father in a home, its about poverty and opportunity

the school systems in this nation have perpetuated a cycle.

Mom and dad go to ps 345, the school is horrible, failing grades, it gets defunded. the same goes on a full generation later. The opportunity isnt there for these people to better themselves the same way it is in other places or schools. These people usually end up working low paying jobs, living under or just over the poverty line.

There is also the problem of favoritism within the system itself. I know for a fact my high school offered less advanced classes than the one down the road that was in the exact same school system. when the parents of our community held a meeting on it, the BoE said, " the money is divided equally among the schools" which was about the most clairvoyant lie I, my parents and everyone else in that city hall had ever heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies