Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never once said Whites held the monopoly on arrogance. I even said it goes both ways. However, you are still deflecting the discussion. I was talking about when people talk about the problems of the Black community in an insulting or arrogant manner, it angers alot of Black people. It is a feeling of being attacked.
There is no way in which a white person can bring up the very real problems in the black community without that white person being called a "racist".

Oh wait, there is one way:

The white person must "acknowledge" that the roots of said problems can be traced back to White Supremacy or, in other words, they must plead white guilt and ask for forgiveness.

The word "racist" is a shield that SOME (not all but SOME) blacks use to try to keep the ugly aspects of their culture out of any REAL discussion.

Should we believe your cry-wolf howls of RACISM!! or should we believe our lying eyes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
tell that to the op who creates a new black thread every few hours.

race gets replies and views, which is why trolls always talk about race.
Yes. Let's shut down all discussions of race. Let's all put on our rose colored glasses and pretend everything is hunky-dory.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
And he/she takes one DRUNK African American Man Which Is Un-Educated and Un-Sophisticated making a complete fool of himself and Pigeon Hole the whole African American Race........
I write SOME.

You write the whole African American Race.

Wow.

BTW, African American is not a race it is a descriptor of American citizens within a particular ethnic group.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,629 times
I think the best thing to do is show young blacks people who look like them who work in the field, and they can visualize themselves becoming successful. You also have to foster a genuine love for math and science. I think the bigger problem, as opposed to discrimination in the industry, is many young blacks are too behind in mathematics from the start and do not get proper math skills. Parents need to take a more proactive approach to their children's learning.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You are positive it was racism??? How did you determine that? Did they say, ''you cant enroll because you are black"?
Actually close enough. They claimed my out of state results weren't applicable. And that they were fabricated. 3 other students came in at the same time with similar scores from different states and did not have problems enrolling in the proper classes.

I was the only newbie who they wanted to retest because they did not believe my IQ tests. The other people were white. Once the whole lawsuit was proposed they dropped the issue.

A few years later the district changed the enrollment process of honors classes because of this issue and allowed students to self select as honors and override their teachers recommendations. The classes became more diverse and the students who self selected generally did well.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,629 times
Quote:
I know some of the things my father has gone through. I've seen some of the things he has been through. Discrimination is still going on these days. It shouldn't be downplayed.
It's not just racial though, I know many white men who were successful in IT and engineering who are struggling to find work as well. This was even before Obama took office.

72,977 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
There is no way in which a white person can bring up the very real problems in the black community without that white person being called a "racist".

Oh wait, there is one way:

The white person must "acknowledge" that the roots of said problems can be traced back to White Supremacy or, in other words, they must plead white guilt and ask for forgiveness.

The word "racist" is a shield that SOME (not all but SOME) blacks use to try to keep the ugly aspects of their culture out of any REAL discussion.

Should we believe your cry-wolf howls of RACISM!! or should we believe our lying eyes?
Actually, you are the one twisting all of my words.

Quote:
Don't be surprised. People who resent Blacks will finds ways to pigeon-hole the entire African-American ethnicity.
In your fantasy world of EVERYBODY IS A RACIST AND THEY"RE OUT TO GET ME the word "some" means every black person who has ever lived.

In the real world, however, "some" means some. If you don't want a foolish black person pointed out being a drunken racist then don't be so quick to point out some white fool at a Tea Party event holding up an Obama as African tribesman sign and declare that person representative of ALL Tea Partiers.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
It's not just racial though, I know many white men who were successful in IT and engineering who are struggling to find work as well. This was even before Obama took office.
It isn't just racial. I can agree with that. My point is that we shouldn't downplay it. And it has been going on long before President Obama. My father was out of a job in 1999 and in part of 2001.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
In your fantasy world of EVERYBODY IS A RACIST AND THEY"RE OUT TO GET ME the word "some" means every black person who has ever lived.

In the real world, however, "some" means some. If you don't want a foolish black person pointed out being a drunken racist then don't be so quick to point out some white fool at a Tea Party event holding up an Obama as African tribesman sign and declare that person representative of ALL Tea Partiers.
Listen to yourself. Everything being said sounds extremely ridiculous and sounds like nothing I have suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies