Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
That is just plain wrong.
The employer is saying he won't pay for it.

Somebody doesn't know how business works in a free society.
Will he get a discount if a drug is excluded from insurance coverage and if so how much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Will he get a discount if a drug is excluded from insurance coverage and if so how much?
Will the employee get a discount?
I don't know, but that is a good question.

I don't see why or how anyone should be forced to pay for either abortion or morning after type drugs though.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Hobby Lobby self insures. There is no outside insurance company involved.
Insurance companies still do exempt certain things from coverage (and there used to be more things)but there gov't mandates on more and more things that must be covered.
Insurance would be much cheaper if there was still more of an ala carte option.

If people would read all the new things that 'ObamaCare' is covering, they wouldn't be so gung ho about it.
I'm an athesist but believe he should be allowed to construct the plan he offers whatever why he wants.
Employees can choose to take his plan or buy elsewhere.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
They better sell a lot of kites and airplane glue (if they don't sniff it all first).
Or let some employees go, shift a whole bunch from full time to part time, and drop healthcare coverage to make up for it, or start charging the employes enough money to cover the costs of the fines.

Last edited by Darkatt; 01-05-2013 at 05:03 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually the employer is telling his employees that they can't have a drug because of his religious beliefs, that is illegal. Plus it is the insurance company that provides the drug, not the employer.

I am guessing you don't understand how a business works.
I am guessing you don't understand how self insurance works.
To cover the costs of the drugs you mention, the costs are increased. Since Hobby Lobby self insures, then all costs are born by the company, and I am guessing you don't understand how a business works.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Home Goods stores are far superior. Higher quality and lower prices. No need to boycott HL, Home Goods will run them out of business.
Laughable. It's obvious from the moment you walk into the two stores that they are two completely different stores. Hobby Lobby's are bright, clean and have CRAFT supplies. Home Goods (owned by TJ Maxx) are usually dirty, littered with broken pieces of junk or refurbished stuff and you couldn't find yarn, quilting supplies, or any other craft items to save your soul no matter how much you dig through the randomly placed junk on the shelves.

Really... if you want to argue about who's right or wrong on this subject go for it, but comparing those two stores really doesn't prove any point other than proving that some people don't even know about the store their complaining about....in this case Hobby Lobby...

Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 AM

84 posts, read 180,981 times
I have no sympathy for this company or any job creator. I have to follow the law just like any other person in this country. His whole argument about providing abortion pills and certain drugs to abort babies while in the womb is selfish and greedy. He needs to to understand that everybody in this world makes mistakes and are taken advantage of every day. One thing that I have learned in my short life is that **** happens. I mean things don't always go according to plan. Oh sure, you can be the best problem solving planner in the world, but you have to pay attention to the rest of the world and not be so complacent. Christians get married and divorced every day. Christians get raped and molested every day. Christians get pregnant and then their man leaves them for a younger hotter women every day. He, of all people, should understand this and have sympathy towards others. Besides, did not god say, love thy neighbor???

Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
If it's true their not gonna comply with this unconstitutional law I applaud them and I will be stopping in next time I head into town...

**** 0bama
Ummm no...the law was ruled constitutional this past summer by the Supreme Court.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
You are absolutely right.
A business owner has a right to have employee's represent their business according to the 'image' they wish to present. Religious items, artifacts and jewelry are often prohibited for employee's who work with the public. For all religions.

That is not the same as being coerced by government to provide (pay for) benefits that violate their religious beliefs.

This is too ridiculous to argue about.
Then would you support Hobby Lobby if they said they shouldn't have to hire blacks, because to do would be against their religious beliefs? Who knows how many people supported a business's right to discriminate against blacks back during the 1960s?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
That is just plain wrong.
The employer is saying he won't pay for it.

Somebody doesn't know how business works in a free society.
There business is not a health insurance provider, all he is paying for is their insurance, another company is providing them what the employees need. Also, for profit corporations cannot hide behind religion, it is actually illegal. Any smart businssz man knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies